FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Compatable USB microphones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mac10Morph  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Compatable USB microphones Reply with quote

I'm probably gonna pick up rock band tonight and my friend wants to do the vocals. I have 360 and my friend said they didn't have the microphone at Gamestop. So I was wondering if every usb microphone will work for rock band or if there was a compatability list. I would look on harmonix website but I'm at work at its blocked. (But scorehero isn't lol)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know for a fact that if either of you has an old Karaoke Revolution microphone, that one will work perfectly. They're the exact same Logitech microphone, but the Rock Band one has a picture of the mic on the "box" along the wire and Rock Band on the mic itself.

If that won't work for you, you can use a 360 headset according to the game. Just use the A button on the controller for cowbell/tambourine solos.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: the oRidGEinal Wii Friend Code: 4504280527441862
muna  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says in the iinstructions that any USB mic would work including the xbox headset. Don't quote me on that, but I believe that that is what they said.
The instruments aren't being sold seperately until Q1 of 08.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also heard and seen posted on the official forums that any usb mic will work.

Hibbleton  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, so my old PS2 Karaoke Revolution USB mic should also work with the Wii version if it ever comes out?
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hibbleton wrote:
Sweet, so my old PS2 Karaoke Revolution USB mic should also work with the Wii version if it ever comes out?

Yes. It really sucks to all the Wii owners that RB hasn't come out for them. All I can say is find someone who has it for 360 or PS3 and bug them to death to play it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
Mac10Morph  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock Band Info Thread *Updated 11/08 (All songs + DLC) wrote:
- Other USB mics will be supported, but Harmonix will probably NOT allow the use of the 360 headset due to its low fidelity.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14472

Thats why I'm unsure about the 360 headset working. But I guess he wants a USB microphone for something else anyways so I'm just trying to find him one that wil definitely work with rock band too. Maybe I can find an old karioke revelution one in the bargain bin at gamestop.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac10Morph wrote:
Rock Band Info Thread *Updated 11/08 (All songs + DLC) wrote:
- Other USB mics will be supported, but Harmonix will probably NOT allow the use of the 360 headset due to its low fidelity.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14472

Thats why I'm unsure about the 360 headset working. But I guess he wants a USB microphone for something else anyways so I'm just trying to find him one that wil definitely work with rock band too. Maybe I can find an old karioke revelution one in the bargain bin at gamestop.

In one of the loading screens, it says that you can use a 360 headset for singing. It won't sound as good played through the speakers, but it works. Straight from the game itself. Also,
page 12 of the Rock Band manual wrote:
NOTE: You must have a microphone to sing. Any USB-compatible mic, as well as the Xbox 360 Headset, should work.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: the oRidGEinal Wii Friend Code: 4504280527441862
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: