FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Gonna take some practice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suckaface  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Gonna take some practice Reply with quote

I started playing through the drums on solo career on medium and got through the first and 2nd set pretty easily.

Then in multiplayer career, and one song just jumped out of nowhere, and I couldnt keep up. I know Im gonna need a lotta practice. Any tips for quick notes with bass in between?
NoPance  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key to speed in all aspects of drumming is to remain relaxed, and try to utilize the drum's natural rebound.

A lot of people when they get to something fast their first impulse is to tense up their forearms and arms and try to "jerk" the notes out. This constriction not only rapidly fatigues you, but also it absorbs most if not all of the drum's natural rebound which could have been utilized in a more efficient stroke.

Something I always tell my students (particularly ones that play quads) is to relax your neck/shoulders whenever you get the chance. You'll often find that as you play tension creeps up into your shoulders and if you exhale and drop your shoulders naturally you'll be in a much more comfortable situation to stay relaxed.

As far as speed goes between the hands and feet, besides staying relaxed try to just think of the bass hits as filling in the spaces between the hands. Don't overthink it as in "ok first snare, then bass, then snare, then bass." Instead, just concentrate on the placement of the snare hits and let the bass notes fill in the spaces.

It's kind of the same school of thought as playing a trill in GH. You often just aim for just one color, and let the other notes just fall into place inbetween them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: No Pance
suckaface  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll try that when I hop back on RB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: