FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anyway to fix the down-strum on the strat?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guitarherodude12  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Anyway to fix the down-strum on the strat? Reply with quote

My down-strum is starting to wear down and you have to hit it really hard for it to work half the time. I heard there was an XBL update or something for this? Anyway this can be fixed? Thanks

GHSH: 40/48 FC's 6th Place! | GHWT: 79/86 FC's 7th Place! | GH3: 67/70 FC's Top 50!

TTFAF - 837k 97% :P

Proud Christian
Ghazken  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately a software fix won't do anything for this since it is a hardware issue.

Your best bet is to grab the pink paper that came in your box and follow the directions on it and get it replaced.

(In case you tossed the note it leads you to

http://support.ea.com/rockband
thetrout  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternatively, I did what they mentioned here - http://community.rockband.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=9291 -and it worked fantastically. 'Course, that site is DOWN right now...
Alyten  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Ive noticed in the early stages of this problem, alt strumming a few songs can allow the guitar to be played one way strumming again for a time.
lead and mic - Hall of fame completed
ns record- 563
BobDole  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't do anything like filing down the contacts since that seems a bit risky and I really don't understand how that would help. The two raised metal contacts are supposed to touch instead of the actual metal strip, so if you file them down then it would just make you have to strum harder to get notes to register... and if you file them down a noticeable amount it would probalby void your warranty.

A fix you can do is to go to my thread on the hardware forum "How to fix Strumming Problems". Basically you put little pieces of paper behind the second metal strip so that you don't have to strum as hard to get a note to register. After a week or so I would return it/get a replacement though since I think the newest guitars don't have to be fixed, they work fine out of the box.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: