FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
So when my duct tape fails...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killoff  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: So when my duct tape fails... Reply with quote

Since I only taped it on the top, and my bass pedal IS snapped in half now, it will fall off soon. Should I just take that part off and then retape it except all around?
TheDLO  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same thing. I did a pretty even coat of duct tape on it, and it broke while the tape was one. I DID take it off, and then held it together and redid it, but it didn't seem to effect it. The top part still sags in a great deal to me, and causes the part that sinks him to contact the edge, sometimes making it hard to hit.
rude95841  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duct tape wont work by itself you need to find something metal to put on the top and bottom and use that and duct tape to make a splint so to speak.

i found two U shaped peices of metal, they are almost as long as the pedal and the space inside the U is just wide enough to slip it over the entire length os the pedal i put one on each side and duct taped all around this (be careful to NOT duct tape over the magnets)

suffice it to say my fix works so good I dont want a replacement pedal now (it would just end up broken too) so I like my new bionic pedal better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Killoff  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back from sexy time with the duct tape and scissors. It works
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: