FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Omitted - 2nd on Vocal Career Leaderboards! (Updated 11/30)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shuphis  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Omitted - 2nd on Vocal Career Leaderboards! (Updated 11/30) Reply with quote

I never expected to do this well, so I haven't bothered taking pics, but I'll post one soon enough. Just squeezed out above CowShark overall by 20k points, but I still have not played a few of the bonus songs so I'm hoping to solidify the lead in a minute. Just thought I'd post, since I've never been first on any 360 leaderboard. Woot!

UPDATE: First to break 9 million! Still have not completed all of the extra songs... I'll work on that tonight.

UPDATE: Wow CowShark, way to pass me right by again! I just retook the spot at 9,301,130. I still have some fine tuning of some songs to work on (Welcome Home, Sabotage... ugh, Run to the Hills, Won't Get Fooled Again, etc.) so we'll see if I can hold on to the spot this time.

UPDATE: So I'm now at 9,390,XXX Up to 25 songs gold starred, about 18 of those FC'd. I played ROBOT CHICKEN X in score duel on Electric Version, and by watching what he did I learned a better way to use star power than I was using before, and was able to squeeze ~12k more out of the song. Thanks ROBOT! I need sleep. Our band finally got bodyguards and a sound guy... though how you have a jet before a sound guy is beyond me.

UPDATE: So CowShark has officially destroyed me with his very impressive 10,000,000+ points! Nice job man! I'm still working on a few 4 star songs, and quite a few where I don't have gold stars. I'm up to about 26 gold star songs, 23-24 FC'd. Overdrive usage is still an issue for me here and there as well. Ah well, eventually I'll get there... hopefully^^.

Last edited by Shuphis on Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
joshie  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Videos would be nice too, or even just an audio recording. Would love to hear some of the harder songs.
Shuphis  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I'll see what I can do after work today...

My method is similar to Draktyr's, I have concert pitch, so I basically 'ooh' and 'aah' my way through most of the songs, and go falsetto rather than try to rock scream any of the high parts. I try to keep the vocals going even in between words, so as not to miss any part of the phrases. I do have 6-7 1st place scores, maybe more, so maybe I'll try to put together a few videos of those.
Draktyr  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's damn good How many of your songs are gold starred?
rabies  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn you guys! *shakes fist in air angrily!*

I'm too busy having fun to get more than a handful of vocal performances in a day...at this rate I'll never catch up!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, won't be working on getting any videos up tonight as my 'bandmates' are coming over to work on some 4 player stuff.

Drak - 19 of the songs are gold starred, I think 13 are FC'd (if that means full clear like I think it does). I still haven't played I'm So Sick or Timmy And The Lords Of the Underworld, going to work on those now! And thanks for the compliment, you're stupidly good at these games so it means a lot!
donutz0r  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FC actually stands for Full Combo In other words, 100% in a song without overstrumming/overhitting.

edit: tpyo!

Last edited by donutz0r on Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shuphis  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah there we go, that makes a lot of sense XD

I just barely eked above CowShark again, don't know how long it will last though. I need to go back and clean up some 4 star songs and some where I'm like 50k+ from the #1 spot... but 'This Evening Eugene' needs to rock out tonight so it's on hold for now.

Also the drums are killing me, I'm having a hard time even on hard difficulty. My brain does not want to let my foot act separately from my arms. I'll get there though... hopefully.
Shuphis  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got some friends coming over tonight for some rock band/guitar hero/halo, so not much vocal work getting done. Maybe I'll put some quality time in on Sunday, we'll have to see what life has to say about that. And by life I mean my GF^^.

Also, someone with some real knowledge as to what the game wants out of you during 'talky' sections on expert needs to give me some advice. Some of you out there have great scores on Sabotage/Epic, and I cannot for the life of me consistantly combo those sections. I feel like I've tried everything, and the game seems to want something different out of you depending on the song.

For instance, on The Hand That Feeds, I can say the words like an english teacher and get a FC. However, on Ballroom Blitz, I tend to over-pronounce the vowels and not care so much about consonants if I want to combo the talk sections. And on Sabotage, nothing seems to work consistently.

Help!
CowShark  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, talky sections are my bane as well. I wish you could get an IPA chart of the noises they want you to make on Sabotage. Not to mention I still don't know how the "Ow" is pronounced in Suffragette (I always say "Ow" {rhymes with "how"} like a kid with a skinned knee, and always get a messy on it). I do always nail the "yeah"s in Won't Get Fooled Again (ee-a-ee-uh), but that's one of the few talky instances where I know the song and know what I'm doing on it.

I FC'ed Won't Get Fooled Again, but I wasted a quarter bar of star power and missed a tamborine hit on it, so there's another 8k points there before even thinking about OD paths, and I haven't FC'ed Highway Star; I always miss one of the "Driving Power" phrases.

There are still a lot of points to get, and the pitch judging is much more lenient than Karaoke Revolution's Expert mode, so it shouldn't be out of the question for anybody to crank their scores up to 11 million or more (it'd just take more and more score cleaning).
rabies  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The talky parts of sabotage and epic don't give me too much problems..I'll miss one or two, but for the most part, I am getting 96% or more on those songs. I just 'rap' them in a manner similar to the original artist and it works fine for me.

THere are other songs where they drop talky parts and I never hit them. For example, I should have a FC on brainpower, but the very last phrase is a talky part that just says 'brain power'. I have failed to get anything more than messy there. Don't even get me started on Timmy's song...or some of the ohs, yeas, etc in other songs.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... maybe it has something to do with people's personal accents as far as vowels are concerned? I have no problem with that last 'brainpower!' but Sabotage is always 50-50 for me. I've tried rapping it like the artist, but I have a pretty thick Jersey accent when it comes to certain words, and when you're speaking that fast it's hard to intentionally drop it. Ah well, I'll keep working on it as I have time. Thanks for the info though guys^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: