FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Is anyone on expert mode yet.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phoenix4417  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played drums for like a few months lol... but yeah im on expert and am stuck on the fall out boy song . I just can't beat it.
Get 100% on 60 songs on expert [x]
Get 100% on 65 songs on expert [ ] (63)

I could easily have all of these goals finished but I never play GH3 much and when I do I am not going for these goals lol. I usually just play coop/PFO.
ocelot11  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've cleared the first 4 tiers on expert. Unfortunately I still can't beat "Run to the Hills" on hard..
K2.  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beat hard, with Run to the Hills beating me up and stealing my lunch money quite a few times. I'm almost on the last tier on expert (damn Reaper and his syncopated snare hits), but now I won't be able to play Rock Band for two and a half weeks. I have beaten Tom Sawyer on expert a couple times in quickplay, though.

My total lifetime drum experience consists of a few hours at a friend's house, but luckily I have a really good innate internal rhythm. It did take many hours to get partially decent with the kick, though, and my knee always hurts like hell after playing for a while, and I now have a horrible knot in my lower neck, so it's probably good that I have to take a break from it for a while. I should really invest in a cheap drum throne.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've beena a drummer in school since I was 10, and got a drum set when I was 15 (24 now), but I wanted to get a taste of the drums before I jumped into expert. Beat Medium and Hard, am now starting my expert solo tour. My biggest problem on Hard is hitting notes that aren't there that I hear should be there (i.e. missing notes to make the song "easier"). I suspect that based on how easy Hard was for me, I should be fine on expert...at least up until the last tier.
Zephyron  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on finishing up Hard but if RB is anything like GH was/is I should be able to rip through most of Expert without much of a problem once I start it. Obviously some of the tougher songs will give me trouble but I played one song on Expert (one of the early ones, maybe Creep or In Bloom, I forget) and did like 95% on it. My friends were amazed.

Which is kinda funny, because I never really played drum set before. Some other percussion and a little fooling around but nothing major. I guess it helps to have a music background period, I've been singing and doing instruments (piano, brass instruments) for at least 10 years. The piano helped with doing separate things with my hands and since drums is just 2 things + pedal it's much easier than chords + a moving line + pedal on piano.
LOSTin2007  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on easy (almost done), haven't had as much alone time with the game as I would have liked so far due to the massive amount of traffic my apt is seeing but just like with the guitar, I'm sure I'll get used to it and work my way up to expert over time without too much problem

-Jake
RustyWaffle  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't beat dont fear the reaper thanks to the god damn rolls, also stuck on foreplay

My Drum Covers (Most recent: Muse - Stockholm Syndrome)
ShadoWolf wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Everyone hates Nihilanth. I enjoyed making that guitar chart. D:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker
ocelot11  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shortmann wrote:
My biggest problem on Hard is hitting notes that aren't there that I hear should be there (i.e. missing notes to make the song "easier").

I never played drums, but I did the same thing on songs I was very familiar with. I do play air drums when I'm bored at work and listening to music (lol) and sometimes I'd just start rolling on lower difficulties but there is only like 2 notes there.
Shortmann  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocelot11 wrote:
Shortmann wrote:
My biggest problem on Hard is hitting notes that aren't there that I hear should be there (i.e. missing notes to make the song "easier").

I never played drums, but I did the same thing on songs I was very familiar with. I do play air drums when I'm bored at work and listening to music (lol) and sometimes I'd just start rolling on lower difficulties but there is only like 2 notes there.

Ahh, good. So I'm not the only one. "Enter Sandman" on Hard gave me a hard time because I play that one all the time on my own drum set, so I kept hitting the bass drum when there weren't notes. "Run to the Hills" was a pain because I know it's straight 16th notes, and I could not get my hands to recognize 3 notes and a pause for the life of me. I failed that song 5 times in a row, and finally (barely) passed it.
ghozt360  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shortmann wrote:
ocelot11 wrote:
Shortmann wrote:

Ahh, good. So I'm not the only one. "Enter Sandman" on Hard gave me a hard time because I play that one all the time on my own drum set, so I kept hitting the bass drum when there weren't notes. "Run to the Hills" was a pain because I know it's straight 16th notes, and I could not get my hands to recognize 3 notes and a pause for the life of me. I failed that song 5 times in a row, and finally (barely) passed it.

i cant pass run to the hills...its been driving me nuts for a week, i broke my pedal and everything so now ive been going through expert guitar n stuck on GGaHT solo :x
Cliff  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never touched the drums before, so I decided to start on expert. I got stuck on In Bloom on day 1 (why's the difficulty jump gotta be in tier 1?), but now I'm stuck on Fall Out Boy and Detroit Rock City, but I can pass Tom Sawyer (quickplay). I guess I got the hang of them pretty quickly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: