FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
360 Title Update?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: 360 Title Update? Reply with quote

I was just prompted to download an update for RB, any idea what it did?
mReaL  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: 360 Title Update? Reply with quote

TehBanStick wrote:

Most games have an update to allow for online play/DLC on day one, I don't know if this is true for RB but it seems likely to me. I don't think mine prompted me to update and I was signed in to Live so are you sure it was a game update and not a system/dashboard update.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: 360 Title Update? Reply with quote

mReaL wrote:
TehBanStick wrote:

Most games have an update to allow for online play/DLC on day one, I don't know if this is true for RB but it seems likely to me. I don't think mine prompted me to update and I was signed in to Live so are you sure it was a game update and not a system/dashboard update.

I was in the menu and got disconnected from live out of nowhere.
When I signed back in, I got the 'This title requires an update' notification.
mReaL  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: 360 Title Update? Reply with quote

TehBanStick wrote:
mReaL wrote:
TehBanStick wrote:

I was in the menu and got disconnected from live out of nowhere.
When I signed back in, I got the 'This title requires an update' notification.

That is a game update for online play. You were disconnected from Live because you needed the update and once you got it you signed back in.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure that's a reasonable deduction. I played online without the patch earlier, and then randomly just got disconnected like an hour afterward. Once I reconnected, I was forced into the update.

It wouldn't be surprising if it's something to improve stability or fix something up, but I don't know that we can say for sure that it's specific to online play. Hopefully one of the big sites (Kotaku/Joystiq/X3F/etc) will let us know soon, as they seem to get word of what the updates actually do, whereas we're just told "Hey, patch up yo".

Goals:
[X] Beat RB Guitar Solo Expert - GG&HT took a few tries
[ ] Beat RB Drums Solo Hard - Medium didn't feel as hard as I expected, Hard is seriously hard, so I'll beat my head a bit on hard
[ ] Beat RB Vocal Solo Medium - my voice is horrible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BrianArnold ICQ Number
t4kobuck3t  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I got the same update. I got disconnected, said "WTF", installed the update and kept on slamming away at my drum pads. :P

I'd tap that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: