FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Content Deleted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: This post has been deleted. Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
ghozt360  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Epic on drums? Reply with quote

deepbluevibes wrote:
Ok, I can 5-star pretty much everything but this shit.

I weigh 110 pounds and i'm 5'8", so on a Drummania or normal/real drum pedal, a bass beat this fast with one foot = no problem.

On these super-powered springy bass pedals with Rock Band though, I absolutely cannot seem to keep that damned pedal down enough to hit the beat fast enough, and by that I mean, once i've done one of the hits, I can't get it back down fast enough (because i have to raise my foot a bit) with enough power to hit the next two.

I'm fine with quick double taps (which is why i have no problem with stuff like Should I Stay or Should I Go, which I nearly FC'ed), but triples like this at that speed wreck me; i'm even 100% fine with Paranoid, but not this song.

i just fired up epic on expert to see what u mean, and yea i agree, thats nearly impossible with this kit...i might shoot some growth hormones into my calf...sike
NoPance  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have to heel-toe it. The pedal just doesn't have enough rebound for me to get the three notes out normally like I would on a real kit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: No Pance
phoenix4417  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you can control your foot-speed while doing this it works...

move your foot lower on the pedal with your heal in the air and just bounce your foot up and down so you are moving the pedal almost the exact distance it needs to go to make it register then you can hit the fast parts. It takes some practice to control the speed tho (for me atleast lol.)
Get 100% on 60 songs on expert [x]
Get 100% on 65 songs on expert [ ] (63)

I could easily have all of these goals finished but I never play GH3 much and when I do I am not going for these goals lol. I usually just play coop/PFO.
Stormrider2112  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd almost be tempted to make/buy an identical spring out of more flexible material. It looks like .0625" CRES wire, while something like NiCu would make for easier flexing and still be corrosion resistant and just as durable. I work in a machine shop, so I could probably pull it off

Or aquire a second kick pedal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely enough, I had mad problems with Paranoid but not Epic. I just breezed through it.

I would say practice? But you are one of the better drummers on the site, so you probably won't get much better due to your current mastery. Take it into practice mode, slowly increase speed until you get it. The song kills on the ankle, so try and find the part on your kick that depresses really low but doesn't kick, keep it just above it, and do very light taps. Once you get to that point, Epic is cake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: