FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
unattainable gold stars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theredworm  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject: unattainable gold stars Reply with quote

So I just spent a half hour working on "The Hand That Feeds" getting a FC and using the OD usage of 4/imm 3/imm and I get the score of 186,000 like many others. This site also lists that songs GS cutoff at 187,200 which makes this song impossible to GS.

Are there any other songs that are impossible to get GS on?

I'm not talking about having hard talky parts, but just not possible even with a FC and good OD usage.
Sikaris  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm So Sick is definitely impossible... there are a few others. Fortunate Son is probably unattainable too.
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hand That Feeds, Vasoline and I'm So Sick are the songs that come with the game that haven't been gs'ed on vocals yet. Vasoline is (in my opinion) the easiest one to prove impossibility - the highest current score is a little more than 4000 points behind the gold star cut-off, and there are only 3 overdrive activation points, so there's really very little variance to test :-)

I haven't done I'm So Sick yet, but the high score is about 6000 short of the gold star cutoff for that song. I can't really speak for the attainability of gold stars, though, since not all "best known" paths are necessarily optimal.

The Hand That Feeds is one that people are really close to gold-starring - I think it's been conjectured that gold stars may be possible via the Blitzkrieg Bop glitch, but even a minor improvement from an unknown slightly better path could prove this song gold-starrable.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
araphin  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i spent more than an hour one night working on the "I will BREAK, BREAK" talky in I'm So Sick(thank God its in the beginning of the song). only to learn after I get the FC that goldstars are unattainable.
Sikaris  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

araphin wrote:
yeah i spent more than an hour one night working on the "I will BREAK, BREAK" talky in I'm So Sick(thank God its in the beginning of the song). only to learn after I get the FC that goldstars are unattainable.

Gah, same here. A lot of time wasted...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: