FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The game's vocal range

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: The game's vocal range Reply with quote

I've been trying to get an idea for what the vocal range is for the songs in the game (not counting DLC, since I have very little of it myself). What I've come up with is:

The lowest note I know of is an Ab, an octave and a third below middle C. The song is In Bloom, although the note is short and goes up to a Bb, which is a note that a few other songs require (such as Wave of Mutilation).

The highest note I know of is a G, an octave and a fifth above middle C. The song is Foreplay/Long Time. Other songs I checked for this were Run to the Hills and Gimme Shelter, which both seemed to top out at an E.

Are there any songs that go higher or lower than that? This range is basically 3 octaves, and happens to fall right around where I can sing (that low Ab takes a little effort to get out, and the high G is a bit beyond what my voice will ever sing full voice, but is well in my falsetto range).
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
chute  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what octave is the soul woman singing in on Gimme Shelter? Seems a lot higher than that...

... and counting ;)

gamertag: Mjlo
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I listened to it (and compared it to a digital pitch pipe), it seemed like it was an E - it's more than an octave above middle C, but not quite as high as the G in Long Time. It's nothing to be shrugged at, especially since you have to spend plenty of time in that upper range in that section, but it's just a bit lower.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: