FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Should I Stay or Should I Go

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ac196nataku  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Should I Stay or Should I Go Reply with quote

Am I the only one that finds this song alot harder to sing than it should be? I can't seem to hit the pitch for shit yet I've known and sung along to this song for years. I have some tone issues on some other songs, but those are all songs I'd never heard of before this game, so this one puzzles me a little bit.

Am I just mentally challenged?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ac196nataku
OakTea  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I find that having actually /sung along/ to the song, I do worse. I have an idea of how it's supposed to sound in my head, and I sing that, but I'm doing a few words a little to high or low. Maybe listen to the song in practise or something, and watch how it relates to the pitch bars.. Don't sing it though, just pay attention. Usually, trying to adjust my voice to match the pitch bars helps me out and I can do it after getting it the first few times.
bach741  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the best way to sing this tune is to THINK FLAT. I've usually got the laser-guided lock-on pitch thing going on when I sing, but for this song I actually think flat... let my voice relax, and almost "sing lazily" as I like to call it. Don't go so flat you compromise pitch, obviously.
ac196nataku  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bach741 wrote:
I find the best way to sing this tune is to THINK FLAT. I've usually got the laser-guided lock-on pitch thing going on when I sing, but for this song I actually think flat... let my voice relax, and almost "sing lazily" as I like to call it. Don't go so flat you compromise pitch, obviously.

Yeah, I should probably emphasize this because I'm pretty sure I'm usually a semitone or so too high.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ac196nataku
TB666  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having huge trouble with this song.
I can't even get past 30%
No idea what I'm doing wrong here.
Will try to sing flat but that usually doesn't work either.
I'm always 1 millimeter above the pitch that I'm suppose to hit and I can't get it down.
Edit: well finally passed it.
I had to sing it like someone is stepping on my nuts, in other words, a high pitch.

Bathory and Summoning rules.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TB688
CaptainDecoy  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those trying to FC, this one can present some problems. The biggest thing that helped me was to realize that in the first "should I stay or should I go now", the pitch of "stay or" is a major third above "should I", whereas in all subsequent iterations of the phrase, that part of the phrase is a minor third above.

At least, I'm 99% certain this is the case. If you watch the staff, you can see the difference; the pitch is either on the line or on the space.
ac196nataku  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TB666 wrote:
Edit: well finally passed it.
I had to sing it like someone is stepping on my nuts, in other words, a high pitch.

I'll try falsetto too. I'm usually better when I sing in an octave I would never speak in, but I feel really weird doing it save for a few songs (Black Sabbath, Rush, etc).

PS: Summoning. Niche. Nice.
RedTsunami  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I get problems on the first "should I stay or should I go nooooowwwwww...", however, I fix this problems by being aware of it and deliberatly trying to be too sharp.

You're sick.
1. [] 5* TtFatF (only 4* so far)
2. [X] Beat expert drums before kick pedal breaks.
3. [X] Beat expert 5* guitar (Nov 3rd, 2007)
4. X[] Get sigged (WOOT! [damn, I missed])
SIG COUNT: 3 times! <o_0<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: