FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
JG's RB3 thread: Down to 100 Keys songs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:08 am    Post subject: JG's RB3 thread: Down to 100 Keys songs Reply with quote

Current FC Count: Expert Guitar
RB1/2 DLC - 1026/1140
RB3 DLC- 529/587
RBN - 1288/1924

Current FC Count: Expert Keys
RB3 DLC - 396/417
RBN - 471/546

1/30/24 - Finally played through all the RBN tracks and moved on to cleanup. I didn't do both 2x Bass and normal, but I figured that's a bit too extreme for me.
I'll probably just get one more track for now and move onto something else, but I figured I'd update with my remaining songs and thoughts. I have 25 songs from the top 100, and also still have 100 that aren't on the list. The biggest issues I have with the list is the lack of I Want It All, Antibodies and Flight of the Bumblebee, but especially the former.

Remaining Key FCs roughly from hardest to easiest
Another Step
Veil of Illumination Pt 2
Chiasm
Heavy Weather - Storm ov The Undead
The Singularity
Dreamchaser
Blackbird
Ghostly Echoes
Through the Fire and Flames
The Duel
City of Corruption
The Thief in the Night Part I
War in Heaven
The Thief in the Night Part II
Synesthesia
Chameleon Carneval
Last
My Star
Wabi Sabi
Victor(ia)
Super Bad Pts 1 & 2
On the Backs of Angels
Talisman
Veil of Illumination Pt 1
Circus Black
Transformation Pt 1
Fire at Will
The Duel
Firefight
The Fall of Psilanthropy
Do You Feel Like We Do (Live)
No Holy Man
Rosanna
PON DE FIOR
Roundabout
The Cascade Effect
Discord (EuroChaos Remix)
Entropy/Extropy
Field of Serpents
Paradise by the Dashboard Light
Passing the Ace
The Weight (Live)
The Entertainer
Rampage of Kronos
The Nightrager
Frankenstein
Cold Kiss
Genuine Penguin
Scarred
Tear It Up
Expert Mode
Starship Trooper
This Round's On Me
Child in Time
Robots
Need Strange
The Hourglass Paroxysm Part II
BRODYQUEST
Stellar Crash
Halcyon
Cool Concoction
L.A. Woman
Shattered Satellites & Brutal Gods
Touch the Mic
Heart of the Sunrise
Epic Symphony in A Flat Minor, Third Movement
Gypsy Rave Massacre Party 2
The Fractal Reason
Once Bitten Twice Shy
Gambit
The Spark of Life
Small Axe
Tuesday's Gone
American Pie
Wasted
---Non Top 100---
Antibodies
I Want It All
Dystopia
A Prophecy (RB3 version)
Half Crazy
Toccata and Fugue in D Minor (Bach)
Creatures ov Deception (RB3 version)
Flight of the Bumblebee (Rimsky-Korsakov - Piano Version)
The Epic, Part 3.7 (RBN Remix)
The Sword
Burnin' and Lootin'
Baptised
Modern Love
Would I Were
Potential for Anything
The Depths of Memory
Arctica
China Grove
Monument
The Final Battle
Saturday Night Special
The End of Progress
Children of Brodom
Ghost of Perdition
Show Me What You've Got

On Disc: 3 songs
Blitz: 1
DLC: 21
RBN: 75

11/27/23 - Just updating the numbers and the OP to say that RBN guitar phase 1 is done, and I've moved on to Keys. I'll get around to knocking off the easiest guitar leftovers later, but for now I think I'll continue to go for quantity over quality. Again, I'll just be doing the 2x Bass versions of songs with both, unless there's any cases of different charts that I'm unaware of. I'm thinking I could probably get less than 100 total Keys remaining, considering I've gotten a handful of top 100s already, without too much issue. Though I'd like to speak to the manager about the inclusion/exclusion of a few songs on that list, but I'll wait until I finish my initial playthrough and have a better idea of everything.

8/23/22 - Decided to begin the RBN journey a couple weeks ago. Not sure what my long term plans are, but the immediate goal is just to play through everything at least once. Songs that aren't super long or annoying I might redo if I accidentally screw up, but I'll probably save a good amount of doable songs for afterwards.
Sure it's a lot, but without a specific goal in mind, it's pretty fun just playing a bunch (emphasize the word) of random songs and seeing what happens.

5/11/22 - Been a while since the last post, figured I'd give a quick update. Definitely been busy the past month or so, combing through more and more of the "OG" DLC, which I now more than double what I had last update lol. I'm missing 269 songs right now, and still haven't played a good amount. I've been chasing the easiest ones first, which I think I still have a good 30 or so before I'll have to actually start worrying more often. Maybe once I get to 900 and can actually get every song to work (the worst part of this endeavor imo), I'll bother to play through every remaining song to get a score and get a more realistic idea of their FCability.

2/5/22 - Video Here
Another new on disc FC? Neat! And this didn't take long at all. Definitely feels good to not have to play this song ever again. Well, I guess I need the bass FC in SH and RB3
Remaing songs breakdown in order of likelihood:
Antibodies - This chart is ugly and no fun, but it's gotten a lot easier than I thought. Almost got the FC randomly on stream a few weeks ago.
Rainbow - I have a full solo FC, so it's definitely doable. It's just going to take a heck of a lot of grinding and solo ending misses.
25 6 4 - really need to figure out that fast bit at the beginning of solo 2, and then I could actually consider going for it
Mosh - Eww solo, eww rest of the song, eww grinding.

1/18/22 update - Video Here
A new on disc FC? Don't mind if I do! Got this rather quick, which is a good sign that all the DLC practice has its benefits. Speaking of DLC, I bit the bullet and started diving into the RB1/2 era DLC. I decided I'd attempt this collosal undertaking on a month by month basis. Well, doing ALL the January DLCs from 2008-2010, and then February and so on. Also would be an opportunity to go back and try and clean up any RB3 DLC songs from those months.
I went pretty hardcore on January, since there weren't too many songs, and ended up with only 5 songs remaining from 2008-2015. There might be one or two more possible, but it's definitely good enough for now. Despite January's success, I think I'm going to alter my approach and just go for an initial speed/efficiency route and focus on the lowest hanging fruit, and cleanup tougher songs later.
Here is a link for my spreadsheet Click Me

1/3/22 Update - Reached FC #500! Last song was American Pie. Significant FCs since last update include Over the Mountain, Proibito, Falling Away From Me, and I Want It All. Definitely been a fun journey being able to play all these songs I missed out on. I still intend on chugging through the other 1000 RB1/2 DLC at some point, but for now I'm probably going to focus on getting some GH FCs (and maybe do 30 or so DLC FCs in between each one .)

Edit: 12/16 update - 17 new FCs, most significant would probably be Still of the Night, TK65 and Sweet Emotion. I've mostly spent this week playing through every remaining song (Easy or not) just to have a score for every song and I'm almost done with that. As a result, I have a better idea on where most songs stand, so I've updated my lists.

Last edited by JohnnyGrey on Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:21 pm; edited 14 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BonkFace
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up:

Phantom of the Opera, The Prisoner, Spirit of Radio, and Walk are all absolutely god awful to FC...

Also, Mouth For War isn't that bad. You can 1-hand the fast bit at the end of the solo, and it's easy outside of that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

god luck, there's 587 songs if my list is right. also would be fun to see you add some Keytar FCs.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
Just a heads up:

Phantom of the Opera, The Prisoner, Spirit of Radio, and Walk are all absolutely god awful to FC...

Also, Mouth For War isn't that bad. You can 1-hand the fast bit at the end of the solo, and it's easy outside of that.

Thanks. Yeah, after playing/replaying these, I have a better idea of how bad they really are lol
Cabanon wrote:
god luck, there's 587 songs if my list is right. also would be fun to see you add some Keytar FCs.

Thanks. Yup, it's been quite the endeavor going through all these songs, but it's also been a lot of fun. Yeah, I eventually counted 587 too, including the 4 keys only songs (BOD informed me that these are converted to guitar charts on RB4)
Going for more keys would be fun sometime, at least to try all the charts. I'm sure it'd be less of a chore than bass anyhow.
Though if anything, I'll probably end up doing the ~1200 RB 1-2 era DLC afterwards. At least I've done the track packs, so more like only1050 lol....

12/16 update - 17 new FCs, most significant would probably be Still of the Night, TK65 and Sweet Emotion. I've mostly spent this week playing through every remaining song (Easy or not) just to have a score for every song and I'm almost done with that. As a result, I have a better idea on where most songs stand, so I've updated my lists.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice, another fellow completist. gong to be a pain to track down the 2 delisted I'm missing plus the original shick pack tho.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
nice, another fellow completist. gong to be a pain to track down the 2 delisted I'm missing plus the original shick pack tho.

If you have the older RB3 disc (with EA/MTV logos, not Mad Catz), I'd recommend looking into getting custom songs set up for the missing/delisted songs. It's a pretty easy and safe process, and should only take 10-20 minutes to set up.
Edit: Just remembered you're on PS3, so nevermind, I'm not sure how it'd work there.

Update: My 360 guitar has been having issues with overstrumming and its recently gotten worse. Eventually I'll probably take it apart and (hopefully) fix, but I'll probably take a break and switch to PS2/GH in the meantime.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
Cabanon wrote:

If you have the older RB3 disc (with EA/MTV logos, not Mad Catz), I'd recommend looking into getting custom songs set up for the missing/delisted songs. It's a pretty easy and safe process, and should only take 10-20 minutes to set up.
Edit: Just remembered you're on PS3, so nevermind, I'm not sure how it'd work there.

Update: My 360 guitar has been having issues with overstrumming and its recently gotten worse. Eventually I'll probably take it apart and (hopefully) fix, but I'll probably take a break and switch to PS2/GH in the meantime.

I do have a jailbroken ps3 and it's not that hard to convert 360 to ps3 files if you can get your hands on CON files. already did it for some RBN files in the past. but i'm not there yet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, Johnny. Surely with Cab and I blessing you things should go well.

(I'll probly have to look into that jailbroken tech cuz I have missed so much DLC/RBN stuff like you wouldn't believe.)

I wanna see at least 500/543(??), for sure. You can do it!

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
I do have a jailbroken ps3 and it's not that hard to convert 360 to ps3 files if you can get your hands on CON files. already did it for some RBN files in the past. but i'm not there yet.

I have CON files/links for practically everything, so I can hook you up whenever you need.

Voided- Thanks! At least got to 500 for now. Still quite a few doable ones left, but I'm gonna wait a while and come back to it.

Update for 500 FCs! Time to take a break and get some GH goals out of the way. I'll probably be back soon for some RB1/2 DLC progress though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
Cabanon wrote:

I have CON files/links for practically everything, so I can hook you up whenever you need.

thanks, if you have discord, send me a DM.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty ambitious goal with the DLC, but you've been making great strides so far. 1st overall for RB3 DLC is so awesome!

Also, glad to see you start working on on-disc stuff again. Llama is a great FC, and it looks like Freebird, Antibodies, and even Rainbow in the Dark could all be doable! Can't wait to see you pass me in FCs
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tip for Number of the Beast... strum everything in the 2B fast strumming, strum a little faster than you think you need to, and really accentuate the first note of each group of 4.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon - I keep forgetting to set up Discord, but I'll get it going and send you a DM eventually lol

Alex - Thanks, and have another ondisc FC on the house! Passing you will be tough, but I'll take the challenge! Maybe if I figure out 25/6/4, I can help you get it too.

Fl4re - Thanks! I was able to see some improvements using your method. I'll still probably wait until I breeze through the majority of the easy stuff before cleaning up the tougher ones, but it's nice to know which ones I have a chance on.

2/5/22 - Video Here
Another new on disc FC? Neat! And this didn't take long at all. Definitely feels good to not have to play this song ever again. Well, I guess I need the bass FC in SH and RB3
Remaing songs breakdown in order of likelihood:
Antibodies - This chart is ugly and no fun, but it's gotten a lot easier than I thought. Almost got the FC randomly on stream a few weeks ago.
Rainbow - I have a full solo FC, so it's definitely doable. It's just going to take a heck of a lot of grinding and solo ending misses.
25 6 4 - really need to figure out that fast bit at the beginning of solo 2, and then I could actually consider going for it
Mosh - Eww solo, eww rest of the song, eww grinding.

I've also been low-key trying to get Bodhisattva in RB3. Today I had a run that missed in Guitar Break and between fast picking/solo 2, and another run that missed guitar Break and the part after the Hopo chords. Solo 2 is going to be a lot harder under pressure, but right now I feel really good about it.

Recent DLC FC highlights -
Perfect Insanity and Prostitute Sightread FCs
Smokin'
I'm Cryin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freebird FC is amazing! I know it felt pretty amazing when I got it, even after having FCd the other charts years ago. I'm not sure if I can say this is the hardest chart, but perhaps engine+rectangles make it harder than GHSH in the end. Either way it's a great FC, one of your best in RB!

Guess next up is antibodies, then we're tied in FCs again. Just gotta get rainbow to pull ahead :p
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job with FB, absolute grind of a song. I'd call it the hardest version, just because of the engine.

For 25 or 6 to 4, tap the orange in the little fast bit. I dunno why it works, but I almost never miss it when doing that. The little grace note/noodle mess later in in the solo is definitely annoying too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: