FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2/28 DLC: Dillinger Escape Plan, Woe Is Me, And Meshuggah!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: 2/28 DLC: Dillinger Escape Plan, Woe Is Me, And Meshuggah! Reply with quote

HardRBNTwitter.png
Harmonix wrote:
"Farewell, Mona Lisa" from metalcore favorites The Dillinger Escape Plan is the first of three new additions to the Rock Band 4 DLC Store. Formed in New Jersey in 1997, The Dillinger Escape Plan released 3 acclaimed albums during their first decade together but by 2008, theyd become disenchanted with the music industry. Deciding to take matters into their own hands, the band created their own label as a means of controlling their creative output. The Dillinger Escape Plan's fourth album, Option Paralysis, would become the first release on their new imprint. Guitarist Ben Weinman called the album their "most metal record yet" and "Farewell, Mona Lisa" proves how true his words were. Guitarists have a few breaks throughout the song between intense chord changes and lots of HOPOs. Drummers are in for a workout with some complex rhythms and driving beats.

Our second new DLC release is "Bleed" from the genre-defying Swedish band Meshuggah. Extreme metal, progressive, avant garde, and jazz fusion are only a few of the ingredients that make up the Meshuggah sound and its this blending of styles that had journalists labeling them one of the most important hard and heavy bands. "Bleed" comes from obZen, their critically acclaimed 2008 album which garnered Meshuggah a Swedish Grammis nomination. If youre in the mood for something extreme, look no further. Consistent double bass kicks and plenty of fills will keep drummers on their toes. The rapid-fire bass notes will make the most seasoned bassists sweat. This 7+ minute track will truly test your mettle!

Rounding out this weeks DLC lineup is "[&] Delinquents" from Woe, Is Me. The lead single from their debut album Number[s], "[&] Delinquents" was quickly embraced in the metalcore scene and helped the Atlanta-based band hit the Billboard Top Heatseekers chart. Shortly after the release of their debut, vocalists Tyler Carter and Michael Bohn departed Woe, Is Me to form the band Issues. After several line-up changes, guitarist Kevin Hanson would ultimately become the sole original member in the group by the time Woe, Is Me disbanded in 2013. The dichotomy between the clean and screamed vocals will be a challenge for even the most seasoned vocalists. As the song intensity shifts from heavy to more melodic, guitar & bass will need to focus as there are frequent note runs after breakdowns.

Available now on Xbox One and Playstation 4:

Rivals Season 10 Spotlight Pass - ($14.99/$14.99)
Entitles purchaser to all of the songs over the course of season 10, all songs needed for seasson 10 spotlights.

• Farewell, Mona Lisa by The Dillinger Escape Plan ($1.99/$1.99)
    This track is free with spotlight pass.

• Bleed by Meshuggah ($1.99/$1.99)
    This track is free with spotlight pass.

• Delinquents by Woe, Is Me ($1.99/$1.99)

(Most tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 4 system approximately 3 days after listed date)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Note: As of this post, above tracks marked with are available for the Xbox One and tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 4; these tracks are not compatible with Playstation 3, Xbox 360, or Nintendo Wii.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: