FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Character Encoding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricecake  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject: Character Encoding Reply with quote

Page info says Text Encoding is UTF-8, but page source header says iso-8859-1. This can cause issues when special characters are on the page.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, this helps explain some issues that I've come across. I'll try to find out why there was a change in character encoding after the server migration and restore proper behavior on that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue should be resolved now. Let me know if you're still seeing incorrectly encoded characters anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I am trying to repost the PS3 RBN list so that the song names with accented/umlaut characters show up correctly, and I can't get them to look right. For example, Anarchy Club has a song called "Fur Immer Verloren" (with an umlaut over the u in "Fur"). Right now, it is showing up as a capital A with a tilde over it, followed by the fraction 1/4. I've tried running the text through a converter and pasting that in, but then the letters just disappear ("F Immer Verloren"), or I run into the 403 issues. I even tried using the HTML entity code but it just renders them verbatim instead of interpreting them.

I believe they displayed correctly for a little while when the page was displaying in UTF-8, but now that it is set to Windows-1252/ISO-8859-1, the characters are messed up again.

Would it be possible to switch things to UTF-8? If you don't want to do that for whatever reason, I can go through and replace the special characters with ASCII (non-accented or whatever) equivalents.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the database storage is using Latin1 / ISO-8859-1 encoding, and there were some other issues happening as well in regard to mixing charsets when it was briefly showing as UTF-8 here, so it unfortunately wouldn't be easy to switch that over.

If you have a reasonable workaround that might be best for the time being, though if there's something specific that you can't get around let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: