FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to easy-edit a MIDI file?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peachfanclub  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject: How to easy-edit a MIDI file? Reply with quote

I'm really curious as to how to make changes to MIDI files from Rock Band 2. My goal is to make an X+ chart of Battery from RB2 where additionally, the hi-hat cymbal is always mapped as a yellow cymbal note instead of a green cymbal note during the verses and solo. Whether it's possible to leave the standard, non-pro drum chart alone at the same time I'm less concerned about.

There's gotta be an easy way to do it, because I don't feel like inputting loads of numbers to add loads of bass notes or change loads of cymbal notes. No I don't have a drum set with me atm. Yes I installed Reaper as well as the Rock Band Network plugin, and yes I'm able to preview the MIDI file as a RBN song, but I don't know how to edit it as such.
8/7/18 - Fury of the Storm FC

On Jan 24, 2016, AdamHero wrote:
peach you are good at guitar hero

Last edited by Peachfanclub on Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Peachfanclub PSN Name: Peachfanclub Wii Friend Code: 0475108893170582
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To edit the drum track in reaper, double click on the box that has lots of small rectangles in for the track you want to edit. It'll bring up a piano roll and you can edit away.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
Peachfanclub  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GingerBraFace wrote:
To edit the drum track in reaper, double click on the box that has lots of small rectangles in for the track you want to edit. It'll bring up a piano roll and you can edit away. :D

Ah, now I get it.

I noticed whoever charted the drums for Battery got lazy and went mapping about half the tom notes as cymbal notes. =P

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Peachfanclub PSN Name: Peachfanclub Wii Friend Code: 0475108893170582
Peachfanclub  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scratch that, I've got a better question. How do I chart roll lanes for drums? If I want to make a roll that uses two pads?

Rookiegd  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MIDI files and the audio stems need to compiled into a package, so you don't have to return to Reaper for small mix changes. And because Rock Band Network is running on Rock Band 2.
https://www.wired.com/2009/08/rock-band-network-2/ tells "How to Create a Song in Rock Band Network"
http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/identify-music-in-youtube.html helps to find a song from the video.
alexawiliams784  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:15 am    Post subject: reply. Reply with quote

with the help of reaper software. You can do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: