FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band: Harmonies Project (Latest: 07/04/03)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
espher  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Rock Band: Harmonies Project (Latest: 07/04/03) Reply with quote

See later in the thread or the thread on C3 for details on the latest release!

-=~=->> http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies <<-=~=

Rock Band: Harmonies Project
Currently For Xbox 360 Only -- Sorry, PS3/Wii folks.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/RBHarmProj
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RBHarmoniesProject
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RockBandHarmoniesProject
E-mail: rockbandharmoniesproject@gmail.com

What is this?

The Rock Band: Harmonies Project is a project looking to upgrade as many pre-RB3 Harmonix releases with harmony vocal tracks (and, if contributed, pro guitar upgrades and keys upgrades) as possible. From time to time, and especially once the leaderboards are toast, we will be offering fixes and variant charts for existing songs. The Harmonies Project does this by using Harmonix's established upgrade format to add these additional charts and have them playable in game.

We have currently finished the Rock Band and Rock Band 2 discs, as well as a large assortment of downloadable content, and are now tackling RBN content and the Lego: Rock Band disc.

Special thanks to PikminGuts92 for identifying and testing the needed methodology.

Isn't this piracy? You can't distribute Harmonix's DLC!

That's the beauty. We don't need to! Since we're only distributing upgraded files, we don't actually need to provide any the original charts or audio, nor are you required to actually modify them to play these. You just need to download these files, do a little bit of installation work, and boot up your game to be able to reap the benefits of upgraded charts. You are still required to purchase and own the original DLC tracks -- these upgrades will not work without them.

I call shenanigans. People have tried using the pro guitar upgrade method to try and add other charts before, and it didn't work.

Okay, okay. You need to do a little bit of priming to get things to load. The spreadsheet gives you the nuts and bolts, but in the shortest terms, you need to trick the cache into thinking the song actually has the parts before the cache will work.

But it does work.

But, like other customs, surely not on TU5, right?

It's like a pro guitar upgrade. It works on TU5.

What.

I know, right? That's what I said too.

I require download links. Now.

Download links are totally on the spreadsheet right now. I gave you the link, but here it is again. The spreadsheet also contains instructions, tutorials for contributing, and a series of frequently asked questions. If you have other questions, feel free to ask them there as well, or to contact me via e-mail or PM.

-=~=->> http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies <<-=~=-

Last edited by espher on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:53 pm; edited 36 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
toopskittles  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay can't wait!
as i said before let me know if you need help making/testing blah blah blah. harmonies are awesome

Bront  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

360 only thing, right?

I'm curious how this will mess with the leaderboards.

Songs: Just over 1000.
farottone  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I understand correctly that you need to delete your cache everytime you upload a new harmony package? Because if so, I don't know if I'm ever gonna use harmonies in my TU4 environment: if you delete the cache all your offline scores are gone.
espher  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bront wrote:
360 only thing, right?

I'm curious how this will mess with the leaderboards.

Yes, it's 360-only. It uses the same methodology as the existing pro upgrade/customs techniques which, correct me if I'm wrong, were also 360-only.

farottone wrote:
Do I understand correctly that you need to delete your cache everytime you upload a new harmony package? Because if so, I don't know if I'm ever gonna use harmonies in my TU4 environment: if you delete the cache all your offline scores are gone.

There's likely another way to do it, assuming that deleting a song via Rock Band 3 'erases' it from the song cache (it also removes the need to disconnect the hard drive during the process, since the songs in question are not there). I think you would need to add the following steps to the installation process:

1. Copy any DLC tracks to be upgraded to your USB storage device.
2. Using Modio/Party Buffalo/whatever, move these DLC tracks to your PC's hard drive (and OFF the USB drive).
3. Boot up Rock Band 3 and delete the individual songs that will be upgraded (this will remove them from the hard drive).

This would take them out of the picture without damaging the rest of the cache. After building the cache using the dummy .dta files, you would then put the copied DLC back onto your USB drive from your PC's hard drive. In this way, you only only lose the scores for the songs being CURRENTLY upgraded, as you wouldn't be removing/deleting any other cache entries, and you wouldn't need to rebuild the cache every time.

People have told me this works, but whenever I tried it (when I was building the "Hardware Store" custom), it never worked. I might give it another go here when I'm ready to test another batch of RB1 songs, since I've already copied them all to my PC.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
farottone  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate that you put a lot of effort into this, I'm sorry I didn't say it right away.

I would just advise people of the fact that you lose all your offline scores though, because it may be something that's very bad if you discover it after the fact.
espher  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

farottone wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate that you put a lot of effort into this, I'm sorry I didn't say it right away.

I would just advise people of the fact that you lose all your offline scores though, because it may be something that's very bad if you discover it after the fact.

Fair enough. I will add something to the instructions page. (Edit: Done!)
pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought deleting the songs in-game didn't delete them from the song cache?

I'd recommend to just rename the original and fake packages so that RB3 will write it as a new entry in the song cache. That way you wouldn't have to worry about deleting the song cache.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PikminGuts92
espher  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pikminguts92 wrote:
I thought deleting the songs in-game didn't delete them from the song cache?

I'd recommend to just rename the original and fake packages so that RB3 will write it as a new entry in the song cache. That way you wouldn't have to worry about deleting the song cache.

I'm not sure I follow your second paragraph.
pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:

If it's DLC, the original LIVE package file will be named something like "1FF0DA4D201037DFDDDE6F88D70751418CFD032541". So the fake package (With the dummy DTA) will also need to be named that in order to trick the game.

What I'm saying is just rename the two files so that RB3 will add the song information as a new entry to the song cache.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PikminGuts92
espher  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pikminguts92 wrote:
espher wrote:

If it's DLC, the original LIVE package file will be named something like "1FF0DA4D201037DFDDDE6F88D70751418CFD032541". So the fake package (With the dummy DTA) will also need to be named that in order to trick the game.

What I'm saying is just rename the two files so that RB3 will add the song information as a new entry to the song cache.

The cache uses the song ID, not the filename. I named my last dummy test file dftr_dummy_dta and it worked fine. :p

Making it a new entry would require me to edit the songs.dta of the DLC track to pair it up, which defeats the whole "doesn't tamper" method, and at that point, I might as well just release .mids and get people to rebundle/package themselves. :p
pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
The cache uses the song ID, not the filename. I named my last dummy test file dftr_dummy_dta and it worked fine. :p

That's odd. I know from opening up the song cache files from Green Day and The Beatles is that it the enters the information by package name then song ID. Package name will take priority.

In RB3 when I was troubleshooting getting a custom song to work, I'd just rename the package and RB3 would reload the information from it. I didn't delete the song cache.
espher  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pikminguts92 wrote:
That's odd. I know from opening up the song cache files from Green Day and The Beatles is that it the enters the information by package name then song ID. Package name will take priority.

In RB3 when I was troubleshooting getting a custom song to work, I'd just rename the package and RB3 would reload the information from it. I didn't delete the song cache.

I had ripped my RB3 and peered into it with a Hex Editor, when I was trying to figure out why the hell things weren't loading, and the only info in there seemed to be the song ID. If renaming the package also works, that would certainly be an option, though is that going to subsequently cause issues with online play and/or the marketplace?

I mean, adding the dummy package with the prebuilt cache didn't cause it to overwrite the info for the songs I was testing (DFTR and Alphabeat's Fascination). Wouldn't that fall under the 'new filename' criteria, or no? If we still have to hide/move/delete the original DLC file, it may not be a huge help, since it still eats the song's score (until, I suppose, you revert the name).
Nyxyxylyth  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very exciting! I hope I can help on quite a few songs.

Edit: Oh, and test too. I've tested RATHER A LOT of RBN songs and charted vocals and harmonies for fortysomething.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Nyxyxylyth
espher  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should say that it doesn't take a ton of time to put the individual charts together... I'm just taking courses over the summer, so I haven't been able to devote more than an hour or so a night to this (when I can), and much of this went towards testing/infrastructure. If I can get a solid afternoon free to work on this it wouldn't surprise me if I could hammer out a dozen or so, so this project should see fairly frequent releases (SHOULD).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 1 of 41

Jump to: