FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
11/22 DLC: Nickelback 5-Pack, 3 RHCP Pro Upgrades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uSound  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
Didn't the first Nickelback pack come out last summer sometime? Like, a solid year-and-half ago? I mean, not like I was clamoring for a second pack myself, but it's not like they just popped one out three months back or anything.

You're right. Time is not my friend.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
Spekkio  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:

Pretty much. It's not like they're the worst famous band in the world, it's just that their well-known songs either sound very alike (see the various things on YouTube where they've put two of them side by side) or are extremely irritating for fairly obvious reasons (Rockstar, When We Stand Together, etc.). I can see why that might put people off but I'm not sure it justifies such hate.

But then, as I said in my first post, that guy's voice is the dealbreaker for me so it wouldn't make much difference if they were the greatest band in the world doing exactly the sort of music I love.

Speaking personally, although I'm sure many share this opinion, my disdain for them comes from watching them devolve from a relatively respectable group of musicians into a bunch of drunk horny high-school poetry students; writing songs about excessive drinking, grabbing the loosest girl you can find, and pseudo-poetic live life to the fullest crap that everyone does when trying to write another Dust In The Wind.

Please note that I'm not naive enough to think sexuality and drug/alcohol use in rock is new, but there's a pretty substantial difference between [Whole Lotta Love] and [Something In Your Mouth].

The first three albums were pretty solid, and had some degree of integrity. Their latest efforts aren't albums, they're marketing strategies. I can still listen to tracks like How You Remind Me and Side of A Bullet, but I can't reach for the button fast enough if anything they've done recently pops up on the radio.

Last edited by Spekkio on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People know Nickelback for stuff like "Gotta be Somebody" and "Photograph" and have no clue about their heavier catalog, which is quite nice, and their older catalog, which is pretty damn awesome as well. How many of you have heard Follow You Home?

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow after all the praise Animals received in this thread, I go and listen to it and it turns out to be the worst song I've heard of theirs. I'm speechless.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
Wow after all the praise Animals received in this thread, I go and listen to it and it turns out to be the worst song I've heard of theirs. I'm speechless.

I wanted to say something negative here, but i looked at your signature and am speechless. Kudos, sir, kudos.
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
GarethPorlest24  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard a few songs by Nickleback that would have been better than the ones they chose, a couple with actual solos. Those would have been nice to have.

But out of these..meh. I do like a couple of them cause I like singing them but they'd be incredibly boring on guitar.
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really listen to Nickelback, but I do like the pro upgrades for the RHCP songs. Especially on By The Way. Pro Bass solo FTW! Although the song will maybe have lots of string changes and all that junk so it might not be fun. Still awesome tho.

And Hobo's probably right. Next week we can expect the DT song (i.e. Pull Me Under).
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!

Last edited by expertwin on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remembered that when I saw Nickelback in '09 Chad Kroeger introduced Animals with "this is the song where I don't get to breathe for three minutes". So it should be pretty tough on vocals.

Oh, and I refuse to listen to the opinions of anyone who can't even spell the band's name correctly. There's only one way to spell 'nickel', for god's sake.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verses are a bit quick I guess, but there's plenty of opportunities to take a breath.
noclue100  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will pick up "How you remind me" and "Someday" but nothing else. They needed "Breathe" off the first album.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:

Oh, and I refuse to listen to the opinions of anyone who can't even spell the band's name correctly. There's only one way to spell 'nickel', for god's sake.
Except that 'nickle' is also a word, most commonly seen in surnames.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
DVDSmith wrote:

Except that 'nickle' is also a word, most commonly seen in surnames.

Yeah... And even then, it's spelt "nickel" in "nickelback," so it's correct. It's not "nickleback."
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: 11/22 DLC: Nickelback 5-Pack, 3 RHCP Pro Upgrades Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii on November 22nd, 2011:
  • How You Remind Me by Nickelback (X)

• Someday by Nickelback

• Animals by Nickelback

• If Today Was Your Last Day by Nickelback

• This Means War by Nickelback (X)

Pro Upgrades Now Available For Existing Songs:
  • Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers (X)

• By The Way by Red Hot Chili Peppers (X)

• The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie by Red Hot Chili Peppers (X)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system November 23nd)

The Nickelback tracks will be available as “Nickelback Then and Now Pack,” with songs available for purchase individually on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii™. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$8.49 USD, £4.39 UK, €6.59 EU (680 Microsoft Points, 850 Wii Points™) for the “Nickelback Then and Now” pack.
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Fat Kid by Nothing More (80 MSP)

• Smokahontas by Attack Attack! (160 MSP)

• Hot Stuff by Scott Attrill (160 MSP)

Songs now available for PS3 that are already enabled for scoretracking:

• Walks Like A Ghost by Quartered ($0.99)

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
popesweetjesus  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a couple things

first off, the reason these 3 RHCP tracks are just now getting pro upgrades is because these 3 along with Otherside and Californication are being released with the new hardware deals coming out this holiday season. You get the game, an instrument, and 5 dlc RHCP songs, and Harmonix obviously wanted to make sure that all of those tracks had pro options if desired.

Second off, I think many people just blindly hate Nickelback because of the songs on the radio that people hear. Mind you that I dislike all their radio hits such as Photograph, Savin' Me, Rock star, Someday, If Today was Your Last Day, etc., but they also have just as many, if not more heavier and rockier tracks that are pretty good. I would imagine most of the forum goers would like songs like Flat on the Floor, Because of You, How you Remind Me, Animals, Burn it to the Ground, Shakin' Hands, Just to Get High, Side of a Bullet, This is War, Bottoms Up, etc. If you can get past some of the sleazeball lyrics on some of the later tracks, then the instrumentals are pretty good. I can almost guarantee you that all these people on the Harmonix facebook page or signing the Detroit petition have only heard their bland radio songs and basing their whole opinion on the band off of only half their discography.
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About that petition, I signed it, but I do like Nickelback. Call me crazy, but there were plenty of acts that represented Detroit and Michigan much better. I know most people just blindly hate them, but I did it out of principle, not hatred. In other words, why get some Canadian band for such an American holiday when you're having the concert in the vicinity of Bob Segar, Kid Rock, Aretha Franklin, etc.

There are 3 songs in this pack I'll definitely consider.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: