FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB3Maker: easy .rba to XBox 360 customs (Jan02: 2.1.0.80 beta)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
farottone  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, quick question: would it be possible to add some kind of checkbox or option in the program to disable the pro keys? I suppose it would simply be about setting 0 to the pro keys tier in the DTA file but it would make a huge difference for all of those doing keys but not pro keys.
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

farottone wrote:
Hey, quick question: would it be possible to add some kind of checkbox or option in the program to disable the pro keys? I suppose it would simply be about setting 0 to the pro keys tier in the DTA file

I don't think that's possible. Magma gives me this when I delete the pro keys tracks:

Code:
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Could not find MIDI track authored for real_keys, possibly due to incorrect track name event

farottone wrote:
it would make a huge difference for all of those doing keys but not pro keys.

In my opinion, if you can't do pro keys, don't do keys.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
farottone wrote:
Hey, quick question: would it be possible to add some kind of checkbox or option in the program to disable the pro keys? I suppose it would simply be about setting 0 to the pro keys tier in the DTA file

I don't think that's possible. Magma gives me this when I delete the pro keys tracks:

Code:
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Could not find MIDI track authored for real_keys, possibly due to incorrect track name event

No, I didn't say you should delete the pro track, that we could do with Reaper. I said to have 0 in DTA file as pro key tier. That's what we do manually: right now to have a CON file for a songs so that doesn't show as having pro keys in game you just edit the DTA file and write 0 for the tier of pro keys. Then you package the CON file with rb3maker and it's done. The pro key tracks is there, it's a copy of the standard key track for Magma compliance.

Having a button in the program would definitely make the process quicker.
Bigjoe5  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a hell of a time getting this thing to run. First, it told me that it wouldn't start because "Store metadata "ApplicationSourceUri" is not valid," or some crap like that.

So I just gave up on it.

Now, turns out it's the best option for making customs because it can unlock the ugc_plus type con so customs can work with rb3 venues. Great.

So I tried again, with the same results.

So then I downloaded the source code and tried to build it, but there was an error - apparently one of the needed dlls hadn't been referenced properly. So I fixed the broken reference, built it, and ran it. Now it was throwing exceptions all over the place about missing dlls, which I just moved manually from the source folder to the Debug folder.

Everything looked great and it was building the con - then I got an IOException - apparently during PackageCreate or somesuch (why are all your method names backwards?), the program was trying to access the con file it had just made, but it couldn't, because it "was being used by another process" (presumably rb3Maker itself - go figure). The con file (live file at this point actually - not sure what's up with that, but wtv) produced this way turned out to be corrupted (big surprise).

So I set a breakpoint just before the offending method, and pondered for a while about how I was going to fix the problem, until I thought "hey, I've been sitting here for a while - maybe the file's been released by now." So I hit continue and presto, a nice shiny rb3con file that works in RB3, which may or may not have had anything to do with me sitting there for so long. Edit: Nope - seems like I just have to put it through twice. It'll pick up right where it left off.

I don't see a lot of other people with these problems, so I guess I can conclude that I'm the unluckiest man to ever try using RB3maker...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe5 wrote:
So I just gave up on it.

Sorry.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to use this program just to convert album art?
raynebc  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if there are a set of command line parameters I could use to allow EOF to launch RB3Maker to package a chart or pro upgrade. Is there a formal list available or should I dig through the source code?
feredhel  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all sorry for my bad english. im from argentina and its really difficult for me. Does this tutorial works to make a RB3 song from any song? i want to make RB3 song from some argentinean bands. could i do it?
espher  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feredhel wrote:
first of all sorry for my bad english. im from argentina and its really difficult for me. Does this tutorial works to make a RB3 song from any song? i want to make RB3 song from some argentinean bands. could i do it?

You're posting this across a lot of forums. :p

This program will let you convert a finished Magma output into a playable file. You need to chart everything using something like Reaper, and then pass it through Magma.

All of the relevant documentation is at http://creators.rockband.com

I recommend playing around with the tools or looking at existing charts to get a feel for how things are done. The documentation is great, but there's a lot of it, and it can seem overwhelming at first. So, concentrate on one thing at a time -- namely, the instrument with which you are most familiar -- and then work on the rest as you go.

And yes, you can do this with any song.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
feredhel  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
feredhel wrote:

You're posting this across a lot of forums. :p

This program will let you convert a finished Magma output into a playable file. You need to chart everything using something like Reaper, and then pass it through Magma.

All of the relevant documentation is at http://creators.rockband.com

I recommend playing around with the tools or looking at existing charts to get a feel for how things are done. The documentation is great, but there's a lot of it, and it can seem overwhelming at first. So, concentrate on one thing at a time -- namely, the instrument with which you are most familiar -- and then work on the rest as you go.

And yes, you can do this with any song.

ok. i see. so, i have to chart the song i want with some reaper.
Is it necesary to upload the song i want at http://creators.rockband.com??
espher  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. For customs, all you're using that site for is the documentation as well as download links to relevant tools.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
feredhel  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
No. For customs, all you're using that site for is the documentation as well as download links to relevant tools.

Thank you very much for the help you are giving me.
cant i get the tools from another place? i dont want to open a count and pay.
so, you confirm that i can create a RB3 song from any song i want (i understand its a hard work)
espher  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to pay for XNA. You just need an account on the Creators site itself (which is free). Someone may have mirrored the tools elsewhere or have the download links saved somewhere.

And yes, you can create a custom for any song.
feredhel  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
You don't need to pay for XNA. You just need an account on the Creators site itself (which is free). Someone may have mirrored the tools elsewhere or have the download links saved somewhere.

And yes, you can create a custom for any song.

Great!!! you are my new best friend!!! you gave me really good news!!!.

I downloaded the RB3 tools, are this the tools?
why do i need an account on the Creators site??

Thanks a lot!! again. and sorry for my english
trojannemo  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

farottone wrote:
Hey, quick question: would it be possible to add some kind of checkbox or option in the program to disable the pro keys?

Technicolor, I came here to ask this question but I see farottone already beat me to it. I'm actually very surprised with your curt answer...

I host events and play keys myself. and only 1% of people who ask to play keys want to play pro-keys.

when I make a song with keys I almost always add pro-keys, but many others don't, and when converting their .rba's, which your program is my premier choice to do so with, it is a pain in the behind to have to then manually edit the songs.dta file, whereas for you in the programming end adding a boolean to check whether to add a real value or just add 0 for the real_keys tier in the songs.dta file would be pretty quick.

so I would again ask that you consider adding that option.

if you are also in the mood for more suggestions, as someone who uses your program every day, here's a few more:

- delete all generated files except the .con. that's what I do. every. single. time. it would be great if the program would just delete them all and leave the single .con file.

- convert multiple .rbas that are in the folder instead of forcing it to be one at a time. this would really work well with the suggestion above.

- add an option to convert .bmp/.jpg/.png to _keep.png_xbox files without having to convert a whole .rba just for that (yes, i've done that when I've needed the _keep.png_xbox).

your program is great, these are just some features (along with what farottone requested) that I think would add value to it.

EDIT: got my hands on the source code. it's in Visual C#. i've only ever really worked in Visual BASIC but looking at the code and the structure I don't doubt I can manage to add these features in painfully slowly, but definitely doable. it would be immensely better if you put them in

Last edited by trojannemo on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TrojanNemo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: