FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to: RB3 customs for 360, no mods. ((Updated))
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
It's 40+ pages because it's too hard to do.

Try using this instead:
http://www.mediafire.com/?53k9raqaj0rkyk3 [version 1.2.0.31]

Source code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?g5cz8q9dl395oaa

You are pretty much the savior of the RB3 customs community. This is seriously amazing work. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
Technicolor wrote:
It's 40+ pages because it's too hard to do.

Try using this instead:
http://www.mediafire.com/?53k9raqaj0rkyk3 [version 1.2.0.31]

Source code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?g5cz8q9dl395oaa

You are pretty much the savior of the RB3 customs community. This is seriously amazing work. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

I noticed your program fixes the songs.dta file that is spit out from magma, but is there a way you can also set it up so it doesn't warn me about it using the first 30 seconds of the song as a preview and just use the 30-60 second area of the song automatically? I'd have to change my .dta just to do this and then repackage again anyways, because sometimes my offsets create 3-5 seconds of silence before the song even starts, and sometimes the starts of some songs have long intros =/

Edit: Nvm, after it creates the package initially and extracts the files from the .rba, I can edit the songs.dta, then click "Options>Full Song" and it'll create the package from those files on my Desktop with my edited songs.dta. Just be a couple less steps if RB3 Maker used the start for the song preview AT :30 - 1:00.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Co2 Outbr3ak
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:

Edit: Nvm, after it creates the package initially and extracts the files from the .rba, I can edit the songs.dta, then click "Options>Full Song" and it'll create the package from those files on my Desktop with my edited songs.dta. Just be a couple less steps if RB3 Maker used the start for the song preview AT :30 - 1:00.

Exactly right, you've got it! If you have strange tweaks to do, you can start from the RBA once (to generate all the files), then switch to Full Song for each iteration after that (to repackage the files after your tweaks).

However - why not just set this in Magma? Did you notice the "Start Preview" at the bottom of the "Audio" tab? If you do it that way it's part of the RBA, and thus part of songs.dta, and then you're free again to focus on the good stuff - making the chart better.

Last edited by Technicolor on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Metalhead911  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone thinks they can do custom tierings, use this site for help..

http://pksage.com/rockbandsongs.php

It is essentially a list of songs in the three digit integers (from 1 to 610) that determine where in the tiers your song is placed on a particular instrument. It can be changed by the 'rank' markers on the .dta file.

For a reference point, here are the ranges for the tiers (all are on guitar and cite songs in my library not counting customs)

NO PART = 0

Warmup = 80 through 139 (From Should I Stay Or Should I Go to Smoke On The Water)

Apprentice = 140 through 176 (From Blitzkreig Bop to Simple Man)

Solid = 177 through 220 (From Master Of The Universe to Du Hast)

Moderate = 221 through 266 (From A Jagged Gorgeous Winter to Who Are You)

Challenging = 267 through 332 (From The Camera Eye to In The Meantime)

Nightmare = 333 through 408 (From Refugee (Live) to Sin Wagon)

Impossible = 409 and beyond (The Great Southern Trendkill and beyond)

NOTE: the site in question has stopped putting the rankings since the week where London Calling was released as DLC, but it lists every song added to the RB song library as an example of where to place songs.

thespike  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone get the album art for 30 Seconds to Mars' The Kill or Attack please? I have no clue where Harmonix got that album art at, I can't find it anywhere online and the png_xbox is not in the package for Attack so I'm assuming it isn't for The Kill either.

Also RB3Maker works great besides one thing. The album art part seems to make the white kind of transparent.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thespike wrote:

Also RB3Maker works great besides one thing. The album art part seems to make the white kind of transparent.

FIXED! Turns out the instrument selection screen uses a mipmap for the smaller image. bmp2xbox wasn't doing that at all. RB3Maker now accomplishes this magic via the Tao framework and one extra call to DevIL to make mipmaps.

Get the latest version of RB3Maker from my OP:
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33768&start=681

Last edited by Technicolor on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:43 am; edited 12 times in total
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as an aside, does anyone know how to convert Frets On Fire .mid charts to playable .cons in RB? I've seen tutorials with Reaper and Magma, but I can't fathom them at all.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
raynebc  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perform a MIDI import in EOF, save the file and try to build an RBA file with Magma if you are able to.
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
thespike wrote:

FIXED! Turns out the instrument selection screen uses a mipmap for the smaller image. bmp2xbox wasn't doing that at all. RB3Maker now accomplishes this magic via the Tao framework and one extra call to DevIL to make mipmaps.

Why in the hell do I need assembly Tao.DevIl Version 1.6.8.3 to be installed in the Global Assembly Cache first before installing?

Edit: Dude, for real, I really hope I can get your first version back, because this hassle is seriously irritating. I feel like I'm trying to fix my computer from some deathly issue instead of installing a simple program that had no problems the first time installing.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Co2 Outbr3ak
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
Technicolor wrote:

Why in the hell do I need assembly Tao.DevIl Version 1.6.8.3 to be installed in the Global Assembly Cache first before installing?

Edit: Dude, for real, I really hope I can get your first version back, because this hassle is seriously irritating. I feel like I'm trying to fix my computer from some deathly issue instead of installing a simple program that had no problems the first time installing.

Please post the exact error message so I can fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: Working on it. Not so easy.
Edit: Fixed.

Last edited by Technicolor on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
Technicolor wrote:

Please post the exact error message so I can fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: missed the new dll. Will fix by 5 pm EST.

Well just to say it, I get this error when I try installing your updated version of RB3 Maker that you just released:

"System Update Required"

"Unable to install or run the application. The application requires that assembly Tao.DevIl Version 1.6.8.3 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first.

Please contact your system administrator."
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB3Maker 1.2.0.36 is up. Link to OP in my sig.

I tested it on a virgin PC - everything should be back to normal.
Cover art works on both screens, and no "Tao.DevIl.dll" Global Assembly errors.

EDIT: Hey how come nobody told me about Party Buffalo... now I'll see if I can make RB3Maker even closer to a one-click solution!

EDIT: Uh, maybe later... with comments in his blog about "bad fat chains" and "piece of s**t", perhaps I'll keep that last step separate for now.

Last edited by Technicolor on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking for a solution to this problem, but I can't really find any. Can someone help me out?

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
thespike  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuppetMaster9 wrote:

I've been looking for a solution to this problem, but I can't really find any. Can someone help me out?

Use RB3Maker lol.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
rafaelgs1992br  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thespike wrote:
Could someone get the album art for 30 Seconds to Mars' The Kill or Attack please? I have no clue where Harmonix got that album art at, I can't find it anywhere online and the png_xbox is not in the package for Attack so I'm assuming it isn't for The Kill either.

Check your PMs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 47 of 52

Jump to: