FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to: RB3 customs for 360, no mods. ((Updated))
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalecgos  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a known way to get fully working custom album art into RB3 DLC?
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aliengunner52 wrote:
TehBanStick wrote:
aliengunner52 wrote:
I got my song in the game thanks to this guide!

But I have one problem: It freezes when I try to play it. Is that an error on my part whilst charting it? But I don't think so since I got no errors in magma.

Where is "I try to play it"?

Pre-Setlist is DTA
Setlist is usually Mogg
Anything after loading is the chart.

It's right when the guys start getting ready to play after I select it and hit play. So I'll just double check my chart in magma. Thanks!

I keep having that same issue as well. One thing I'm going to try when I get home is selecting "RB3 Original" in the songs.dta creator in RB DLC Tools and see if that makes a difference. I have gotten everything from crashes due to the .mogg to being able to play all of my charts (including keys), so I just need to figure out the best and most consistent method and get that down to a science. It's been a lot of trial and error though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
aliengunner52  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalecgos wrote:

There is a way but the colors dont come out quiet right. Here's the link if you want it: http://sites.google.com/site/mahoppiangoon/customrbdlc#custom_album_art

A when I look at my custom on the setlist, the music doesn't play, and that would be a problem with the .mogg file. Am I correct in that assumption?

EDIT: Just in case, I don't think there is a .mid file problem. I ran it through Magma V2 and into audition mode a couple times with no problems. Because it freezes during the little cut scene with the band getting ready or the audience waiting in line.

Last edited by aliengunner52 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kalecgos  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aliengunner52 wrote:
There is a way but the colors dont come out quiet right. Here's the link if you want it: http://sites.google.com/site/mahoppiangoon/customrbdlc#custom_album_art

That's what I'm using right now, but like I said: looking for a fully working method
aliengunner52  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalecgos wrote:
aliengunner52 wrote:

That's what I'm using right now, but like I said: looking for a fully working method

Yeah, unfortunately I don't think there is a known way yet that is full proof (anybody else please correct me if I am wrong).
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aliengunner52 wrote:
Kalecgos wrote:

A when I look at my custom on the setlist, the music doesn't play, and that would be a problem with the .mogg file. Am I correct in that assumption?

EDIT: Just in case, I don't think there is a .mid file problem. I ran it through Magma V2 and into audition mode a couple times with no problems. Because it freezes during the little cut scene with the band getting ready or the audience waiting in line.

That would be correct: there's a problem with your .mogg file. Make sure that the number of channels in your .mogg is equal to the number of channels listed in your songs.dta file. Also make sure that your .mogg has a header (if you exported it from Audacity, etc. then run it through RB DLC Tools* to give it one. If you pulled it from an RBA, it should work despite the guide saying otherwise, but it couldn't hurt to import it into Audacity, export it and then run it through RB DLC Tools* as well).

*Note: If you run it through RB DLC Tools, you have to make it have 12 channels and adjust your songs.dta file accordingly. I haven't tested the effects that this might have on playing keyboard charts since the header file used in RB DLC Tools is from the Promised Land DLC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
darkman901  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: YATTA! Reply with quote

YATTA!!!

Thanx, Guys! I just played an epic custom!

All it took was the modding of the Ogg to the correct format.
aliengunner52  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
aliengunner52 wrote:
Kalecgos wrote:

That would be correct: there's a problem with your .mogg file. Make sure that the number of channels in your .mogg is equal to the number of channels listed in your songs.dta file. Also make sure that your .mogg has a header (if you exported it from Audacity, etc. then run it through RB DLC Tools* to give it one. If you pulled it from an RBA, it should work despite the guide saying otherwise, but it couldn't hurt to import it into Audacity, export it and then run it through RB DLC Tools* as well).

*Note: If you run it through RB DLC Tools, you have to make it have 12 channels and adjust your songs.dta file accordingly. I haven't tested the effects that this might have on playing keyboard charts since the header file used in RB DLC Tools is from the Promised Land DLC.

Okay, so I built the rba file and then extracted the ogg file. Then I tried it. It worked , the song is in the game and goes through the song. But I have one more problem, which is, there isn't any sound.
aliengunner52  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: YATTA! Reply with quote

darkman901 wrote:
YATTA!!!

What exactly did you do to mod it? That is the only part I am having trouble with? The Ogg isn't working properly for me.
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: YATTA! Reply with quote

aliengunner52 wrote:
darkman901 wrote:
YATTA!!!

What exactly did you do to mod it? That is the only part I am having trouble with? The Ogg isn't working properly for me.

Okay, it sounds like the .mogg is the problem then. I'll try a quick build and see if that does the trick.

In the mean time, what you should do with the .ogg from the RBA file is load it into Audacity or other DAW, add tracks until you have 12 total, then export it as a multitrack .ogg. Then load it into RB DLC Tools, add the header and build the resulting .mogg into your package.

EDIT: Okay, rebuilding the .ogg did the trick (guess I should have heeded the original guide's warning). The only problem I'm having now is getting keys/pro keys to work. I was able to do it once before, but I don't remember how. Did anybody get keys working?
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna double post because I finally got it.

After a long trail-and-error session, I figured a few things out:

1. There is a parameter in the DTA file from the RBA called 'track_counts'. This parameter was essential for being able to play keys. RB DLC Tools does not include this parameter when it exports. I have not tested whether or not you can simply drop it into the generated DTA as I just modified the DTA from the RBA and used that.

2. The song that I've been trying to get working is an instrumental. The DTA from RB DLC Tools sets vocal parts to 1; it was set to 0 in the RBA DTA file. I don't know if this had any impact on anything.

3. You can use the original .ogg that comes out of the RBA. You don't need to do anything fancy to it, just drop it in your package and you're all set. (There's the added bonus of the audio working correctly when you pause and such in-game as well.) The downside is, of course, that you can't make songs that are over 10 minutes with this method because Magma doesn't allow it.

4. I don't yet know if you can still use the exporting from Audacity method for your .ogg because of a variety of reasons that I'm too tired to go into right now, but I may test this later.
aliengunner52  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
Gonna double post because I finally got it.

After a long trail-and-error session, I figured a few things out:

1. There is a parameter in the DTA file from the RBA called 'track_counts'. This parameter was essential for being able to play keys. RB DLC Tools does not include this parameter when it exports. I have not tested whether or not you can simply drop it into the generated DTA as I just modified the DTA from the RBA and used that.

2. The song that I've been trying to get working is an instrumental. The DTA from RB DLC Tools sets vocal parts to 1; it was set to 0 in the RBA DTA file. I don't know if this had any impact on anything.

3. You can use the original .ogg that comes out of the RBA. You don't need to do anything fancy to it, just drop it in your package and you're all set. (There's the added bonus of the audio working correctly when you pause and such in-game as well.) The downside is, of course, that you can't make songs that are over 10 minutes with this method because Magma doesn't allow it.

4. I don't yet know if you can still use the exporting from Audacity method for your .ogg because of a variety of reasons that I'm too tired to go into right now, but I may test this later.

Okay, I've hit a road block. The song is in the game, but the audio isn't there. The .ogg is directly from the RBA file I made in Magma. So basically there is something wrong with the .ogg file and my .mid file is fine. Any ideas? I'm still doing trial and error with it myself as well. I'll edit if I find the problem.

Also, if by "the exporting from Audacity method" you mean the way that is described here then I don't think it works because the "Use custom mix" in the preferences of audacity is no longer there (at least on the mac version).

Last edited by aliengunner52 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you renaming the file extension of the .ogg to .mogg?
aliengunner52  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:

That worked! I can't believe I didn't realize I had to do that haha.
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aliengunner52 wrote:
LyokoFreaks wrote:

That worked! I can't believe I didn't realize I had to do that haha.

That was the only thing I could think of, haha. This is why IT guys always ask if your computer is plugged in first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 3 of 52

Jump to: