FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Likely songs in RB3 given the Keyboard
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Turbonegro  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Likely songs in RB3 given the Keyboard Reply with quote

Not a wishlist thread, just want some discussion on bands and songs that are LIKELY to make an appearance in Rock Band 3 now that we have the keyboard. Not that you nessecarily would want it there. (Sorry of this kind of tread already exists, couldn't find it)

I guess I will soon be opening my ears to more keyboard heavy music (Just as rock band 1 and 2 have introduced me to a lot of music I would never usually consider listening to). So I guess I might as well get used to listening to it.

Here's something to get things started.

David Bowie - Life on Mars
Train - Drops of juipiter
Toto - Africa/Hold the line/Rosanna
Meat Loaf - Bat out of Hell
Guns'n'Roses - November Rain
Savatage - Morphine Child/Gutter Ballet
Dream Theater
Bruce Hornsby - The way it is
REO Speedwagon - Can't fight this feeling
The Fray - How to save a life
Crash Test Dummies - Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Expert Drums Gold Stars: 16
Beat Guitar Expert [X]
5* Guitar Expert [ ]

Guitar Hero 3 Goals:
5* Setlist [ ] (-RiBl)
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Likely songs in RB3 given the Keyboard Reply with quote

Turbonegro wrote:
Not a wishlist thread, just want some discussion on bands and songs that are LIKELY to make an appearance in Rock Band 3 now that we have the keyboard. Not that you nessecarily would want it there. (Sorry of this kind of tread already exists, couldn't find it)

There are thousands and thousands and thousands of rock songs that have keyboard in them.
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Likely songs in RB3 given the Keyboard Reply with quote

Turbonegro wrote:

David Bowie - Life on Mars
Train - Drops of juipiter
Toto - Africa/Hold the line/Rosanna
Meat Loaf - Bat out of Hell
Guns'n'Roses - November Rain
Savatage - Morphine Child/Gutter Ballet
Dream Theater
Bruce Hornsby - The way it is
REO Speedwagon - Can't fight this feeling
The Fray - How to save a life
Crash Test Dummies - Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

Bold: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Italics: Not likely.

Some ideas from me:
Muse (Stockhold Syndrome comes to mind, but there's probably better choices)
Burn, Hush or Speed King by Deep Purple
You Spin Me Round by Dead Or Alive
The Doors?
How You Like Me Now by The Heavy, I think. I know there is some keyboard there.
Many Moons by Janelle Monae (please make this happen).
Auferstehen Soll In Herrlichkeit by Die Apokalypthschien Reiter (Has a a minute of keyboard, and is pretty good metal...although the fact that it's German might be a problem)
Tuesday Afternoon by the Moody Blues
Jerk it Out by the Caesars
Love Is Alive by Gary Wright
Lights by Journey

I could go on forever, but this is a start.
TRWhiplash  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems kind of like a wishlist thread to me but I won't complain.

Here are some songs that I think we have a good chance to see based on the bands' past involvement in a Harmonix product.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesday's Gone (Mostly because of the keys solo, but if they go with a Skynyrd song you would have to think it would be Freebird)
Asia - Heat of the Moment (GH:80s, works the keytar angle)
Flock of Seagulls - I Ran (same as above)
The Beatles - Hey Jude (I know, I know, but I'm hoping they'll release the truncated Love version and then release the regular version in TB:RB at some point)
Grateful Dead - Golden Road (To Unlimited Devotion) (Only announced song from them not yet released)
Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water (I'd prefer Hush or something else, but oh well)
Devo - Whip It (The most glaring omission from the Devo pack)
Dire Straits - Walk of Life (most people would pick Money for Nothing but this is much better for keys)
Elton John - Saturdy Night's Alright (for Fighting) (they announced more Elton John would be coming to rock band last year)
Duran Duran - The Reflex (probably the biggest single left that we didn't get from the band)
Elvis Costello - Oliver's Army (fantastic keys and one of his better performing singles IIRC)
Paul McCartney - Maybe I'm Amazed (One of the bigger omissions from the McCartney pack, though I wouldn't be surprised to see Live and Let Die either)
Iggy Pop - Lust for Life (we're supposed to get more Iggy and this is another of his more well known songs and features keys extensively)
Iron Maiden - Moonchild (another popular omission from a pack and one of the few songs with keys from the band)
The Clash - Rock the Casbah (though my own personal hope is The Card Cheat)
Mastodon - Quintessence (The Czar would probably work better but it's too long)
Muse - Butterflies and Hurricanes (I'm confident we will get a Muse track)
Rush - Subdivisions (not a shocking pick here)
Squeeze - Another Nail for My Heart (the popular follow up to RB2's Cool for Cats!)
The Who - 5.15 (One of the few popular songs we haven't received from them yet, and it's full of keys)
Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil (Keys keys keys, and there's no reason for them to be exclusive to GH)
Tom Petty - Don't Do Me Like That (prominent keys, and there's a pretty good chance we'll see a Petty track on disc)
Styx - Come Sail Away (another major omission track, though the masters might not exist)
Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (though I think Bridge Over Troubled Water would be better for keys and harmonies)
Blue Oyster Cult - Flaming Telepaths
Billy Idol - Cradle of Love
Allman Bros. - Whipping Post

Bands not in RB but I still think have a good chance;
BTO - Taking Care of Business (it's obvious they've wanted BTO in there since the beginning, I can't imagine them continuing to hold out)
Stevie Wonder - Superstition (featured in GH)
Don Henley - Boys of Summer (we already have music from another Eagles' member, and with the Eagles featured in the RB poll, I think we can assume they're on good terms)

Bands that have no relation to either series but don't seem hard to get;
Loverboy - Working for the Weekend (it's at least been featured in other game soundtracks)
Warren Zevon - Werewolves of London (great key part)
Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride (only reason I could see not getting this is if the masters are in bad shape)

Based on one of the articles on RB.com, and with harmonies, I'm expecting a CSNY song in there too. Most likely Suite: Judy Blue Eyes, maybe the alternate mix with the drum track that comes in much earlier.

In addition, I would expect a George Harrison track and/or a Thenewno2 just because of Dhani's extensive involvement in the series. Maybe also a Lennon solo track just because of how much Yoko seemed to like the idea behind the games, though it seems more unlikely.

Of course as blingdomepiece said there are quite a lot of rock songs with keyboard in them so it's kind of a crap shoot. There's bound to be a ton of stuff in there from bands we haven't heard of or thought of. It's still fun to guess.

edit: Gonna start bolding accurate predictions. :P

Last edited by TRWhiplash on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:51 pm; edited 5 times in total
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elton John, we've already gotten Crocodile Rock so the licensing channels are open and he's one of the most successful pianists in the world.

The Rolling Stones have released several songs as dlc in Guitar Hero, so assuming they aren't exclusive they have plenty of piano heavy songs.

Lynrd Skynrd has had a few songs as dlc, plenty of unlicensed songs from them that have prominent piano or organ.

Pink Floyd assuming we're ever gonna get anything from them.

Muse has lots of songs that are keyboard based.

If you want to get into metal we've got the often requested Opeth which has had a keyboardist since Ghost Reveries.
Ad134  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Dream Theater. The Glass Prison would be mad on everything.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRWhiplash wrote:

This. Bellamy plays no guitar in this song, only keyboard, so depending on what they're looking for in a setlist it may or may not be the best pick.
<Blehgopie> so its like GH guitar then
crash13  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRWhiplash wrote:
A-Ha - Take On Me (GH:80s, works the keytar angle)

No it wasn't !!!!!!!!!!?!!?!?!?

Any ways...

I think that some bands that could be included are MGMT, The Fray, OneRepublic, Evanescence, Linkin Park, Billy Joel, Elton John, Lady Gaga, Rush.

Some specific songs are Silver and Cold - AFI, November Rain - Guns N' Roses, and It Ends Tonight - The All-American Rejects.
Sixen  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the name you gave it, this is just a wishlist thread. As bling said, there are countless songs that have keyboards in them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add some more:
Low Rider by War
Just about anything by Westbound Train (or reggae in general)
I Want You by Savage Garden
Fins by Jimmy Buffett
Fire Ants by Raintime
Reelin In The Years by Steely Dan (I will be completely shocked if this isn't in RB3)

And who can forget:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoLVwUf-eoE
requiem1394  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grinnz wrote:
TRWhiplash wrote:

This. Bellamy plays no guitar in this song, only keyboard, so depending on what they're looking for in a setlist it may or may not be the best pick.

Well, there is guitar, but just to be safe, it needs to be this version:

Live from HAARP
Geeoff  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only unannounced bands we can say are probably in Rock Band 3, without it sounding like a wishlist:

Foo Fighters
Pearl Jam
The Who
Red Hot Chili Peppers
flop404  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

60's r'n'b is an option - we'd still miss the horns but, while the lack of keys was a serious handicap (since guitar is most often purely rythmic, while keyboard lead parts are common) to its inclusion, it might develop since it is a genre that would benefit a lot from keyboard + harmonies.

So, Ray Charles in RB3 ?

Elton John, Supertramp are also obvious possibilities (as well as every 70's prog actually).

We already heard about Cure coming, so maybe some new wave too, even though it's most of the times synth more than keyboard so it might not be that exciting to play.

Also, expecting some jazz isn't that absurd any more, even though I'd bet a bit more on jazz funk (Herbie Hancock ?) than vocal jazz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see The Animals - House of the Rising Sun being a lot of fun on keyboard, and the guitar might be fun for the first minute or so but I imagine it would get redundant after a while.

However, it seems unlikely, as getting workable masters from 1964 would be a challenge.
D3NVR07  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could honestly see old R&B being put in, The Foundations & or Temptations anyone , I would truely think puting some hip-hop or rap wouldn't be to bad either but people are haters .

Scorehero's Straight-up ghetto black kid. PEOPLE QUIT BEING DAMN DELICATES!!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: D3NVR07 PSN Name: D3NVR07
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: