FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
agggh help me please! (rock band)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iidrumtoomuch  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: agggh help me please! (rock band) Reply with quote

ok guys theres a rock band competition at my school, were looking for a blow out win and can play ANY song. this competition is judged by score...so whats the highest scoring song for a BASSIT, GUITARIST, and DRUMS. no vocals, just three ppl allowed. ok thanks guys! wish us luck on April 30!
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: agggh help me please! (rock band) Reply with quote

iidrumtoomuch wrote:
ok guys theres a rock band competition at my school, were looking for a blow out win and can play ANY song. this competition is judged by score...so whats the highest scoring song for a BASSIT, GUITARIST, and DRUMS. no vocals, just three ppl allowed. ok thanks guys! wish us luck on April 30!

Panic Attack, assuming you mean Rock Band 2 disc-only. Also assuming you can play Panic Attack well...
If Panic Attack is a little shaky for you, play PDA. Lots of easy points there. Ramblin' Man is a good choice too if you're a mid-skilled band.

Oh and welcome to ScoreHero! Let us know how the tourney goes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: agggh help me please! (rock band) Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
iidrumtoomuch wrote:

Panic Attack, assuming you mean Rock Band 2 disc-only. Also assuming you can play Panic Attack well...
If Panic Attack is a little shaky for you, play PDA. Lots of easy points there. Ramblin' Man is a good choice too if you're a mid-skilled band.

Oh and welcome to ScoreHero! Let us know how the tourney goes

MN's right, but if you're talking about RB1, then the highest scoring would be green grass and high tides, followed by I think run to the hills and flirtin' with disaster, but if you're not great at it, there aren't very much songs that score a lot of points that I can think of. If anyone can correct me that would be fine.

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: agggh help me please! (rock band) Reply with quote

A useful way to guess this would be to look at the base scores of the songs without vocals, or since that's hard to just find sitting anywhere, the star cutoffs of songs with those three instruments, which you can find on my website: http://rockband.yajags.com/cutoffs/?drums=expert&bass=expert&guitar=expert&vocals=none&platform=rb2

There's also the issue of how much overdrive the songs have, how fast the overdrive drains, how big of solo bonuses you can getand some songs have more of it or have it draining slower and may make it easier or harder than normal to reach those star cutoffs, along with your ability to play the song well :-) Here's the list based on highest star cutoffs:

RB1:
Green Grass and High Tides, by a long shot, as mentioned before.
Won't Get Fooled Again
Highway Star

RB2:
Panic Attack, if all three of you are amazingly good :-)
Teen Age Riot if just your drummer is amazingly good.
Painkiller, maybe
Let There Be Rock - Good if guitar is your strong point, might be worthwhile to come up with a decent path.
Lazy Eye
Ramblin Man - OD drain is slower than most songs, so worth considering if you're all good at the song.

DLC and such:
Let There Be Rock (Live) (from the AC/DC pack, highest scoring song in Rock Band) Especially because it has a crazy long BRE and lots of solo bonuses.
The Who Super Bowl S-Mashup
... And Justice For All (I think this one has less OD than normal, though).
Constant Motion (Good luck with that :-) )
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add onto the DLC pool:

Screaming for Vengeance is basically a song you play completely in OD, and is huge points...not too bad outside the guitar solo in difficulty

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: