FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
alexhaz64- LTBR (Live) 100% FC! BYH+CoP (RBB) 100% FCs! RB3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably. ANd yeah, emulator or whatever that removed or lessened the strum limit so he could FC it on RB1.

Also, nice job on the GDRB/LRB FGFCs! I still need to go back to LRB and get that one to finish out that game eventually. It's one of the few XGuitar FGFCs I still think I can get.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
alexhaz64 wrote:
FL4RE wrote:
Ah nice, the trills are really annoying to hit so fair play for managing to tap them (I just 1-handed the whole solo )

25 or 6 to 4 isn't as hard as Crazy Train, so I'd go for that next (tap the orange in the fast part, and just 1-hand the trill). Rainbow is pretty bonkers, and Caught in a Mosh just has that one cursed section!

@Voided - I'm pretty sure AbyssionQC got Green Grass on RB1, but he's the only one to do it.

Can't believe you one handed CT solo, that's nuts lol. You're probably right about 25/6/4 but there's just so many hard parts it is intimidating lol. I should definitely revisit it either way.

Regarding GGaHT, Aby is the only one to do it on RB1 (via emulator) but I believe strike and ukog at the very least did it on RB2, which is functionally the same, just with BNS. Also I think they used PAL?

Yep, did Rainbow in the Dark 1-handed too. Oddly enough, 25 or 6 to 4 is one of the only songs that I had to tap on, that one lick really is stupid haha. Speaking of which, only solo 2 should really give you any trouble, everything else is pretty manageable, once you've understood the patterns.

Also for GGaHT, apparently there's 3 FC's on RB2! Wasn't aware that SalmonSnak3 had managed it too... All FC's have been on PAL. I'm guessing PAL50 just because of how much easier strumming becomes on that setting (that's how I hit Aesthetics of Hate anyway)

Your one-handing skills are godly! RitD I will 100% have to tap lol. Looks like there's been at least one more GGaHT FC on RB1 PAL now :o People are crazy lol.

voidedalive2x wrote:
Probably. ANd yeah, emulator or whatever that removed or lessened the strum limit so he could FC it on RB1.

Also, nice job on the GDRB/LRB FGFCs! I still need to go back to LRB and get that one to finish out that game eventually. It's one of the few XGuitar FGFCs I still think I can get.

Yeah LRB is definitely doable but much harder than all the other "easy" FGFCs. I'd put it between GHA and GH5, myself.

EDIT: 6/10/22- Finally got a new FC! Debatably this is my best FC yet in rock band. I'm not sure I would rank it as the hardest song in RB2, but it's still super satisfying to get. I learned the strumming sections by using most of the hopos, and transitioning to strumming everything for the doublets. And the solo was just a matter of figuring out the right fretting speed (basically as fast as I can accurately one hand, lol). Didn't actually take too long to FC, got it on my second run past solo 1!
PK FC vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdPjqtUk9qw

Next up is most likely Visions. I spent a long time on this song last night, FCing past bridge for the first time, and eventually FCing past it 20 times. Closest run was an outro choke. It'll happen soon
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling

Last edited by alexhaz64 on Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty exciting that you're getting closer and closer to your best FGFC yet!
Painkiller is incredible! The strumming alone makes it a big nope for me, but maybe I should investigate using hopos.
Especially insane that it didn't seem to take you all too long to grind it out. (not Short and Sweet level anyhow.) Seems like a lot of songs ended up not taking as long as you thought. Lazy Eye, Peace Sells and Man in the Box still the worst grinds? :P

I know Visions will fall soon, and then the other two should click shortly after. Funnily enough, I don't think I've ever actually hit at least one of Visions' Outro sections in its entirety, so I guess I wouldn't personally label them as chokes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
Pretty exciting that you're getting closer and closer to your best FGFC yet!
Painkiller is incredible! The strumming alone makes it a big nope for me, but maybe I should investigate using hopos.
Especially insane that it didn't seem to take you all too long to grind it out. (not Short and Sweet level anyhow.) Seems like a lot of songs ended up not taking as long as you thought. Lazy Eye, Peace Sells and Man in the Box still the worst grinds? :P

I know Visions will fall soon, and then the other two should click shortly after. Funnily enough, I don't think I've ever actually hit at least one of Visions' Outro sections in its entirety, so I guess I wouldn't personally label them as chokes.

There's an interesting thought, that this would be my best FGFC yet. I guess there's no real argument against that. The only real contender would be GH5 but I don't think even 21CSM could hold a candle to the combination of Visions, PK, Bodhi, and every other tough song in the game. Wonder if One GHM would be enough on its own to supplant that though. Probably, lol.

Regarding painkiller, the strumming really isn't too bad. You just have to pay attention to when to strum 4, 3, or 2 times. Once the doublets start, you'll want to strum everything. And of course they speed up a bit over time. I think given your solo skills it should actually be pretty doable for you.

I think Visions is definitely up there now for worst grinds in the game. But otherwise your list is pretty accurate, lol. None of the other hard songs were memorably terrible from a grinding standpoint. (even Man in the Box didn't take TOO long when I came back to it, lol)

And yeah, Visions Outro (first outro section) is pretty tough. You got the beginning with the G strums to grace note + hook, then you got those fills. The worst is the OBYBYRYR. It's a few notes longer than the other fills and it tripped me up at least half the time. I know you'd hate to hear this but... pinky sliding was my friend for those fills lol.

EDIT: 6/14/22- FC #82 for RB2, Visions! I think I have come to accept that this is the hardest song in the game. The bridge is one of, if not the hardest section, and then there's a million other places you can miss throughout the rest of the song. I had a hell of a time even FCing up to Bridge B consistently, much less getting past it intact. However I did eventually learn the section enough to FC past it 39 times. Of course, the reason I still needed that many runs is because I would consistently miss in the next hopo section, or the part right before the outro with the weird strumming (chorus 2?). Luckily I found a pretty good method for that too, but then the first outro section would routinely kick my butt. It was just so hard to not slip up somewhere in the song. I even had two horrible chokes in outro B, which should realistically be a victory lap after the rest of the song, lol. But luckily I did finally nail everything in one run, and I couldn't be happier!
Visions FC vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxhP8091lBQ

Only Bodhisattva and Let there be rock left. I'm not sure which is worse, they're both annoying in different ways lol. FGFC will happen for sure though!
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling

Last edited by alexhaz64 on Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for Bodhisattva and LTBR FCs. Oh and ROCK BAND 2 FULL GAME EFF SEE

EDIT: 6/20/22- I... can't believe I did it. 10 days ago I had 80/84, and was only hoping to get LTBR for 81. Somehow I FCd the three hardest songs before that one, and now I have the FGFC, and my best FGFC ever!

So Bodhisattva didn't take nearly as long as I expected it to. Fast picking was obviously the hardest part, but using 12 and sliding for the chords worked perfectly, it was just about timing the strums. The part right after that was the worst though- I tried tapping it for a while, but eventually I figured out I could actually hit it one-handed, which ended up being more consistent. The only other truly hard part is solo 2d- that trill is awful. My strategy was to focus on every third B note which was on beat. I one-handed the first four sets of this, then transitioned to tapping, focusing on the beat lines the whole way. This led me to my first solo 2 FC, and eventually the full song. Of course I had to choke a few times past fast picking, but overall not the worst grind. FC #83!
Bodhisattva FC vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxoQHPfVtdk

Then last night, the grind for FGFC truly began. LTBR was the bane of my existence- truly an awful song to grind. Multiple long breaks without playing anything, with the first hard part three minutes into the song (end of solo 2). That part was annoying, but I learned to strum R 4 times and hopo the Y, then strum Y twice. Was way more consistent after that. Then of course there's the Y triplet strumming in solo 3, which I hit pretty consistently by galloping the Ys. Finally, the outro strumming. This was by far the worst part of the song, and many runs died here. The problem is that you have to be extremely precise with your strumming, or you'll end up strumming once or twice past the strum limit, and you'll miss a note. You also have to be careful with your transitions, as you could accidentally hopo a note and overstrum. Eventually I found that holding my elbow parallel with the strum bar and strumming primarily with my wrist, rather than my arm, did the trick. Didn't take too long once I figured that out. FGFC! I still can't believe it!
LTBR FC vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6bmZ27MQcQ&lc=UgzonWMuCnav1usjwU54AaABAg

Next up is most likely Roundabout Keys, and then I want to try importing GGAHT to RB3. Maybe another couple of FGFCs incoming ;)
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling

Last edited by alexhaz64 on Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shit went down quickly Alex, congratz ! RB2 might be one of the hardest & challenging FGFC out there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB2 FGFC is pretty damn impressive, great job!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Agt Falcon26
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
shit went down quickly Alex, congratz ! RB2 might be one of the hardest & challenging FGFC out there.

Thanks! I can't say I disagree. While no single song stands out as being overly impossible, there's a good ten songs that pose a decent challenge to anyone going for the FGFC. Definitely the FGFC I'm most proud of :)

GP69 wrote:
RB2 FGFC is pretty damn impressive, great job!

Thanks! How bout a RB1 FGFC for good measure?
Hoping to get a RB3 FGFC for the collection as well :p
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievable. That FC should not have happened so quick lol. Definitely the most clutch FC in recent memory. Really, the whole game didn't seem to cause you much grief.
I'd almost say that Lego took you longer, but that's probably a bit of a stretch. Definitely much closer than it deserves to be though!

Can't wait to see RB3 fall. Knowing my time is running out might just encourage me to try and sneak Rainbow while I have the chance. At the same time, I'm also intimidated and know that it won't be long before you claim that one too.

It'll be interesting to see how the last few songs go. 25 should be easiest, but rainbow is maybe easier to grind?, and then CiaM could happen randomly at any point, but probably the worst to grind since it almost seems to be all luck.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB2 FGFC? Verrry nice, Visions is definitely no easy feat, though I'd still say that Painkiller pips it as the hardest FC of the bunch.

Also, good luck with Caught in a Mosh. Genuinely stupid song to grind.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
Unbelievable. That FC should not have happened so quick lol. Definitely the most clutch FC in recent memory. Really, the whole game didn't seem to cause you much grief.
I'd almost say that Lego took you longer, but that's probably a bit of a stretch. Definitely much closer than it deserves to be though!

Can't wait to see RB3 fall. Knowing my time is running out might just encourage me to try and sneak Rainbow while I have the chance. At the same time, I'm also intimidated and know that it won't be long before you claim that one too.

It'll be interesting to see how the last few songs go. 25 should be easiest, but rainbow is maybe easier to grind?, and then CiaM could happen randomly at any point, but probably the worst to grind since it almost seems to be all luck.

LRB may have actually taken longer? I know SaS was by far the worst song between the two games, but Foreplay/Long Time, WGFA, RttH, Brainpower, and Seven were all fairly long grinds. In fact I think all of those songs took longer than GGaHT lol. And yeah you need to go back to RitD attempts soon, it's starting to feel like my next FC at this point ;)

FL4RE wrote:
RB2 FGFC? Verrry nice, Visions is definitely no easy feat, though I'd still say that Painkiller pips it as the hardest FC of the bunch.

Thanks! Visions was probably the hardest for me, PK actually came pretty quickly overall. Do you have RB1 FGFC as well?

CiaM does seem incredibly stupid. I'm hoping that my method will work pretty well (use all the hopos) :p
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
FL4RE wrote:

Thanks! Visions was probably the hardest for me, PK actually came pretty quickly overall. Do you have RB1 FGFC as well?

CiaM does seem incredibly stupid. I'm hoping that my method will work pretty well (use all the hopos) :p

Yeah I can see that, Visions is a consistency nightmare. I don't have RB1 though, Flirtin' With Disaster always gave me trouble, and I wanted GGAHT on RB2, but couldn't get consistent at the solos pre-strumming for some reason!

Yeah, that's how I got past the solo whenever I did. Shame verse 3 suddenly becomes impossible when you get past it haha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
alexhaz64 wrote:
FL4RE wrote:

Yeah I can see that, Visions is a consistency nightmare. I don't have RB1 though, Flirtin' With Disaster always gave me trouble, and I wanted GGAHT on RB2, but couldn't get consistent at the solos pre-strumming for some reason!

Yeah, that's how I got past the solo whenever I did. Shame verse 3 suddenly becomes impossible when you get past it haha

You've FCd past the CiaM solo but never FCd? What a shame, RB3 FGFC would be amazing. Looks like I got another FC you don't have though which is pretty neat :p Now you just gotta give me some of those RitD skills!
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
FL4RE wrote:
alexhaz64 wrote:
FL4RE wrote:

You've FCd past the CiaM solo but never FCd? What a shame, RB3 FGFC would be amazing. Looks like I got another FC you don't have though which is pretty neat :p Now you just gotta give me some of those RitD skills!

Yep, choked it twice. After I choked it 10 years ago I never had the motivation to try it again haha. Well done on it though, massive FC.

As for Rainbow in the Dark, can't help there I'm afraid. I 1-handed the solo, so you could always try that haha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on CiaM and 25/6/4! 25/6/4 was definitely the hardest FC for me, the chart (especially solo 2) is extremely cursed. And speaking of CiaM chokes as per the posts above, I literally almost missed the very last note, but thankfully I did hit it (nerves will do that to me).

Good luck on RITD! FL4RE getting it 1-handed is really impressive, but I tapped. What I did was have my fretting hand anchored to red (sliding down to green as needed), and tapping all the higher notes, and just quickly hit the strum bar for that red strum and the following strums (or you could elbow strum, but I avoid doing that as much as I can).

The best methods of hitting the solo is really what works for YOU, just keep on practicing, I know you can get it.
BTW I found solo B to be harder than A, made it up to there a few times before the FC.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Agt Falcon26
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: