FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Index/discussion of Full Band Paths (WIP)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meister  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beez808 wrote:
Alrighty... Bumping this thread for interest.
I'm also adding a Black Hole Sun path that got DnH a first place... even though we didn't execute it perfectly. Look for it in about 5 mins.

Before you post RB1 paths check RB1 too, that is where there was actually competition on those songs, someone beat your BHS score by about 70k on RB1

I might share more paths later, but I'm still used to keeping all my RB1 paths a secret >_>

Edit- Path for Enter Sandman, I didn't have photoshop yet when I made it and don't know what I was thinking when I used red boxes haha if someone would want to convert it for me that would be good

http://s2.largeimagehost.com/img/untilted/ecsshht/entersandman_fullband_expert_meister%27s_path.png.html

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meister wrote:
Beez808 wrote:
Alrighty... Bumping this thread for interest.
I'm also adding a Black Hole Sun path that got DnH a first place... even though we didn't execute it perfectly. Look for it in about 5 mins.

Before you post RB1 paths check RB1 too, that is where there was actually competition on those songs, someone beat your BHS score by about 70k on RB1

I might share more paths later, but I'm still used to keeping all my RB1 paths a secret >_>

Edit- Path for Enter Sandman, I didn't have photoshop yet when I made it and don't know what I was thinking when I used red boxes haha if someone would want to convert it for me that would be good

http://s2.largeimagehost.com/img/untilted/ecsshht/entersandman_fullband_expert_meister%27s_path.png.html

Yeah, but none of us remembered our BHS path after the fact
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what happens when drummers make paths. Even more so when they make paths as they go along

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
Beez808  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meister wrote:
[snip]

Mine might not be the best path, but it fills a hole. Just happens to be the path we used to get first place on RB2. If you've got a better one, by all means, share it.

Any chance you've got the shorthand for that Enter Sandman?

Drummer and Path-Man for Drunk n Hammock (RB2 scores)
Beez808  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna play RB for a bit, then I'll add the path we used on So What'cha Want to get 1st place on XBL and here.

meister  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll type up a shorthand for ES, and possibly post a couple more paths soon,

did you beat 1st on ps3 for so what'cha want? that score was made with one of my paths, I have tweaked it a little and will be redoing it with my old band soon though

Edit- you got 4k short of my so what'cha want score I'm sure 1.56k is possible on it, we'll have a video whenever we get around to FBFCing it

Enter Sandman

Guitar
2- 3rd RY measure 22.875-31
2- 3rd GY (with drums, measure 42.875-56.5)
3- 6th G measure 71-84.5
2- 1st B after solo, measure 109.125-118
2- GY measure 129.875-136.5
2- 2nd B after drums measure 160.25-170.5

Vocals
3 sk1 measure 70-78
2/ after solo, measure 109-113
4/ measure 161.75-169.75

Drums
0 0 3 3 4

Bass
1- 37th G measure 26.625-30.625
2- Y measure 41.875-54.75
3- 37th G measure 69.875-86.0625
2- 29th G measure 109-113.25 (with drums)
2- 6th G measure 130.5-136.5
1- lol 124th G measure 160.5-167.5

I don't know the estimated score from the spreadsheet because I made that path looong before the spreadsheet was released lol, the charts didn't even have where vox could activate yet. But my band and I triple FCed it, with one guitar overstrum in the solo so that's probably close enough xD
that score was 2038934, got it June 7 last year and still x-plat 1st by about 50k no other band has broke 2 million on ES yet

dogfoodnyc wrote:
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
Beez808  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not sure what trick you've got up your sleeve for So What'cha Want, but for now, I'll put mine up. I did see that we were short of yours.

Thanks for the shorthand btw.

Edit:
Hey meister, I was looking at the new version of the ES chart and it doesn't look like the Drum fill at m130 will show unless drums hits the OD early (2.175s vs 2.4s needed in RB1). So skip 4 would have drums activating at m163 instead of m159.
Do you want me to mention that in the wiki?
For now, I put it in the way you wrote it. Let me know.

Last edited by Beez808 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meister wrote:
I'll type up a shorthand for ES, and possibly post a couple more paths soon,

did you beat 1st on ps3 for so what'cha want? that score was made with one of my paths, I have tweaked it a little and will be redoing it with my old band soon though

Edit- you got 4k short of my so what'cha want score I'm sure 1.56k is possible on it, we'll have a video whenever we get around to FBFCing it

Enter Sandman

Guitar
2- 3rd RY measure 22.875-31
2- 3rd GY (with drums, measure 42.875-56.5)
3- 6th G measure 71-84.5
2- 1st B after solo, measure 109.125-118
2- GY measure 129.875-136.5
2- 2nd B after drums measure 160.25-170.5

Vocals
3 sk1 measure 70-78
2/ after solo, measure 109-113
4/ measure 161.75-169.75

Drums
0 0 3 3 4

Bass
1- 37th G measure 26.625-30.625
2- Y measure 41.875-54.75
3- 37th G measure 69.875-86.0625
2- 29th G measure 109-113.25 (with drums)
2- 6th G measure 130.5-136.5
1- lol 124th G measure 160.5-167.5

I don't know the estimated score from the spreadsheet because I made that path looong before the spreadsheet was released lol, the charts didn't even have where vox could activate yet. But my band and I triple FCed it, with one guitar overstrum in the solo so that's probably close enough xD
that score was 2038934, got it June 7 last year and still x-plat 1st by about 50k no other band has broke 2 million on ES yet

On So What'cha Want, perhaps even 1.57 is possible.

Note on Enter Sandman: You have to hit the second OD phrase on drums early to get the correct fill to show up, if I remember correctly. Wouldn't be an issue on RB2, but you can't play Enter Sandman on RB2 anyways
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
meister  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm feeling generous today
So What'cha Want

Nine in the Afternoon

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Beez808  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh.... So, I had pretty much exactly the same path for So Whatcha Want, just didn't have the bassist go as early on the last activation in mine... Didn't figure the whammy would be enough to bridge...
I've got the same overfills and left-overs as yours.

Edit: Oh, and I'll get around to adding those as soon as I can. Going out to dinner soon.

Kawigi  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beez808 wrote:
Ahhh.... So, I had pretty much exactly the same path for So Whatcha Want, just didn't have the bassist go as early on the last activation in mine... Didn't figure the whammy would be enough to bridge...
I've got the same overfills and left-overs as yours.

Edit: Oh, and I'll get around to adding those as soon as I can. Going out to dinner soon.

Yeah, that last bass activation may be pushing it little. But I took kind of a different approach.

That Nine in the Afternoon path is the right idea. It's not exactly as I wrote it up, but the rest is just tweaks.
meister  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo PB FBFCed Nine in the Afternoon with my path and it got them 970k, 30k under 1st x-plat but 2nd overall

And that last bass activation should be easy, you start with 8 measures of OD, add in the whammy from the next phrase and the first whammy of the one after it and it ends right at the kast note of it. An you always get a little more whammy then it says so you could maybe even get that note in, instead of starting right at the end of the hold. But I wouldn't want to make the bassist mess up the path so Istarted it there

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just drew up a couple of paths I talked about in the full band league thread last season:

Hello There: http://rockband.yajags.com/pathshare/hellothere.png
You Oughta Know: http://rockband.yajags.com/pathshare/yououghtaknow.png

Now that I've "officially" pathed the RB2 setlist, I may be going back and doing this with a few of the paths from leagues and perhaps songs that we've had first or near first on for awhile. Enjoy these two for now :-)

The Hello There path is exactly what we used for second place (by 500 points) in leagues, and the You Oughta Know path is slightly better than what we used for leagues (thanks to beingmused for helping me notice one improvement).

Edit: Someone who has edit access to path pages should edit that in, as I don't. Doesn't it seem odd that you need contribution points to contribute paths?
souhei719  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I saw the bump of this thread made by Kawigi and I read through it due to my new found interest in full band pathing. I thought I'd note that the My Own Worst Enemy path that's up cannot surpass what the x-platform #1 is. I've been trying to find it myself. I have a path that beats the one that is up by 4000 points theoretically. Including squeezing and extra whammies, I predict the final score to be 1.102-1.103 million, which loses to the #1 by a couple thousand. I haven't tried it yet, but if we happen to get #1 on it, I wouldn't mind posting what I have if the rest of my band doesn't mind.

Also, I'm guessing I'm doing what Kawigi was hinting at in an earlier post about doing something different in the beginning of the path. It took me 6 tries to think of doing that, as it is sort of illogical. (If said thought is the same as his)
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

souhei719 wrote:
...Including squeezing and extra whammies, I predict the final score to be...

Ah, that might be your mistake - trying to align reality with prediction :-) And forgetting about vocal squeezes, possibly, which can be done in both directions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: