FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Index/discussion of Full Band Paths (WIP)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave321  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, It's RB1 where the PS2 and Wii versions differ scorewise.

Rock Band 2 will have the same paths for all 4 versions.
beingmused  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave321 wrote:

Nope! Fill timings on the PS2/Wii versions do not match the 360/PS3 versions, which means some paths won't work.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
dave321  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
dave321 wrote:

Nope! Fill timings on the PS2/Wii versions do not match the 360/PS3 versions, which means some paths won't work.
whaaat? What instrument is different then?

Vocals, I'm 100% sure they're identical.

EDIT: Am I blind :| FILLS. clearly drums
Kuznagi  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Above every drum fill is the amount of clock time since the last OD note. On Rock Band 1 for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, there must be at least 2.4 seconds between the last OD note gaining one half of a bar and the beginning of a drum fill in order for the fill to show up. This value is approximately 5.39 seconds on Playstation 2. I do not know which value applies to Wii, but it is probably the latter. You can, of course, use early and late hitting of that OD note to influence this delay. The times listed are assuming the note is hit exactly on time. (Source: 360: ajanata, PS2: Kawigi and Shvegait.)'

From ajanata's full band chart page.

PS3 - 10.19.08 | 360 - 10.01.08
#1 PS3 Vocals - 10.19.08 -> 11.19.08
Psychodelic Byrds Tribute To Squidy - RIP =(

PB Full Band Videos, now with AC/DC! - http://www.youtube.com/user/kuznagi
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: kuznagi PSN Name: kuznagi
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuznagi wrote:
'Above every drum fill is the amount of clock time since the last OD note. On Rock Band 1 for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, there must be at least 2.4 seconds between the last OD note gaining one half of a bar and the beginning of a drum fill in order for the fill to show up. This value is approximately 5.39 seconds on Playstation 2. I do not know which value applies to Wii, but it is probably the latter. You can, of course, use early and late hitting of that OD note to influence this delay. The times listed are assuming the note is hit exactly on time. (Source: 360: ajanata, PS2: Kawigi and Shvegait.)'

From ajanata's full band chart page.

I still haven't really heard for certain what the fill delay is on Wii, but I think someone said that at least on RB2, it's more like Xbox 360/PS3. And on PS2. And that number (2.4 seconds) is wrong on RB2, unless you're playing on Easy, and it varies depending on what difficulty level you're on and whether you're using Breakneck Speed, and is different in Score Duel and may well be different in band play. And the fill delay is slightly longer on RB2 than it was on RB1 for PS2.

I daresay that most of these drum paths won't be quite the same on PS2, and many of them won't even be possible. I'm definitely willing to guess that my You Oughta Know path (posted in the full band league thread) won't work on PS2.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Beez808  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted PDA on the wiki. I don't have too much desire to play that f'n song again, but we may...

Drummer and Path-Man for Drunk n Hammock (RB2 scores)
midgetspy  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the paths guys, I really appreciate it. I will try my hand at pathing and hopefully contribute soon as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I jsut copied and pasted this from a PM, so sry if it sounds weird =).

Pretend We're Dead:

Drums: 3, 1, 3, 0, 1

Vocals: 2/, 2/sk1, 3/, 2/sk1AS
Note: Vocals should squeeze every phrase except first activation should activate ASAP in window. It is a small window anyways.

Bass: 2/first orange, w/d, w/d, ASAP (must Reverse Squeeze?), w/d
In measure terms: m19.66-30, m47-52, m-71-74, m81-86, m99-102

Guitar: w/d, w/d, w/d, w/d, w/d

Let me know if you need clarifying on anything. That second to last bass activation seems very tough to me right now, but I know that it was done in our run or our last activation would've been shot.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Beez808  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding internetguy87's Pretend We're Dead

So, I'm pretty sure that 2nd to last bass act is possible by abusing the hit window. However, is it possible the activation before was delayed by 1 measure to bridge the OD phrase at m75 to avoid the reverse squeeze at m86?
I think it would be better for score also as you'd get 5 measures under 6x instead of 4 (m72-76 instead of m71-74).

It might look something like this:
http://s2.largeimagehost.com/img/untilted/ecQcrhc/pretendweredead_fbX_interne.png.html

Kawigi  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beez808 wrote:
Adding internetguy87's Pretend We're Dead

So, I'm pretty sure that 2nd to last bass act is possible by abusing the hit window. However, is it possible the activation before was delayed by 1 measure to bridge the OD phrase at m75 to avoid the reverse squeeze at m86?
I think it would be better for score also as you'd get 5 measures under 6x instead of 4 (m72-76 instead of m71-74).

It might look something like this:
http://s2.largeimagehost.com/img/untilted/ecQcrhc/pretendweredead_fbX_interne.png.html

Sure, that's possible. But it's not as good :-) And when you say "5 measures under 6x instead of 4), remember to count measures of 4x in the next activation.

Also, since I recently looked at it, comments on Beez's PDA path:
The last vox activation lasts one measure longer (which may increase your "Estimated Path Score" by about 10k)
If you're creative, there's a good way to split the third activation up. It'll cause you to use more overdrive before the break, move your "break" activation back a little (and have it be shorter, but that's no real loss) and you'll have one less OD to use on drums at the end, but adjusting for that, it's still about a 10k gain.
After you do that, there's still one more significant tweak you could make, but I'll let someone else find it :-)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Beez808  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
Also, since I recently looked at it, comments on Beez's PDA path:
The last vox activation lasts one measure longer (which may increase your "Estimated Path Score" by about 10k)
If you're creative, there's a good way to split the third activation up. It'll cause you to use more overdrive before the break, move your "break" activation back a little (and have it be shorter, but that's no real loss) and you'll have one less OD to use on drums at the end, but adjusting for that, it's still about a 10k gain.
After you do that, there's still one more significant tweak you could make, but I'll let someone else find it :-)

Damnit... You're right. I just went through and fiddled... I don't want to play this song again!

Anyway, to address your specific points, I have the last Vox act. going 4 measures on my sheet, just not on the image. Miscounted I guess.

After re-tooling, I've increased the estimate by about 26k.
*sigh* Maybe in a week I'll feel like listening to Interpol again...

Snook  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post my PAtk path once I find out if it's any good. :p

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, please do. I've got some other one's I can put up but, I just got home from the bar and if I put them up now, I'm sure there will be errors...
I'll handle it in the morning.

Beez808  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty... Bumping this thread for interest.
I'm also adding a Black Hole Sun path that got DnH a first place... even though we didn't execute it perfectly. Look for it in about 5 mins.

Beez808  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumpin' for interest.

Come on, I know there are more paths out there. Join in the sharing spirit!

I'll put up another one soon, but I can't give away all my secrets...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: