FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Index/discussion of Full Band Paths (WIP)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meister  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be critiquing paths that show up here xD I don't use kawigi's spreadsheet though, for the most part, so I don't have estimated scores for my paths
My jagged gorgeous winter path is different

And I have a visions path, I'll post it (just a picture though)

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
Beez808  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you've got a path without a score, I can pretty quickly calculate the estimated score. I've been using one of my own spreadsheets and it's working pretty well for me so far.

Also, feel free to put up a different path on the wiki. I put my name on mine because, frankly, I have no idea if it's an 'optimal' path or whatever. As a matter of fact I'll never put an 'optimal' mark on my paths because I find that to be a little pretentious unless it's absolutely guaranteed.
In any case, if we have a couple full band paths for a song, I'm sure they'll get tested pretty quickly and we'll find the best one.

Mainly I'm hoping to collaborate with other fullband pathers to create a standard layout for the entries on the wiki.

Drummer and Path-Man for Drunk n Hammock (RB2 scores)
Kuznagi  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, would it be possible to add a picture of the activations for reference?

PS3 - 10.19.08 | 360 - 10.01.08
#1 PS3 Vocals - 10.19.08 -> 11.19.08
Psychodelic Byrds Tribute To Squidy - RIP =(

PB Full Band Videos, now with AC/DC! - http://www.youtube.com/user/kuznagi
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: kuznagi PSN Name: kuznagi
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feedback on your A Jagged Gorgeous Winter path -
The third guitar activation seems confused. I think you meant m80b3.5
not m81b3.5. Also, if you take whammy into account, the third bass activation could be earlier to take in more of that vocals phrase (realizing you're trying to end right after the "Hey").
I don't think chaining in the last vocal OD phrase is possible. At least it looks pretty impossible. You'd have to get OD to start almost a beat after you start singing. However, I'm not convinced that there's something better (e.g. a path that uses all the vocals overdrive in the song in a way that doesn't include using it alone).

Nice job on a solid path :-)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
meister  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visions path is up, you can convert it to text whenever
http://wiki.scorehero.com/Song_RB2_Visions_FullBand_Expert

remember to credit who made the paths too

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there should never be a "optimal" next to any path that is posted here. It is so much harder to find an optimal path on full band than any solo, and the path would have to find the exact guitar, bass notes, include drum squeezing and vocal squeezing, etc. It is just so hard to find, so paths here should just be suggested, extremely good paths, but not always perfect.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Beez808  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@meister: I converted your path to text, just the shorthand so far. If you'd like to add a 'verbose' version go ahead. I can do it also. I'd just like you to look over it to see if I've made any errors.

@internetguy87: My thoughts exactly.

Beez808  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
Feedback on your A Jagged Gorgeous Winter path -
The third guitar activation seems confused. I think you meant m80b3.5
not m81b3.5. Also, if you take whammy into account, the third bass activation could be earlier to take in more of that vocals phrase (realizing you're trying to end right after the "Hey").
I don't think chaining in the last vocal OD phrase is possible. At least it looks pretty impossible. You'd have to get OD to start almost a beat after you start singing. However, I'm not convinced that there's something better (e.g. a path that uses all the vocals overdrive in the song in a way that doesn't include using it alone).

Nice job on a solid path :-)
Hey, thanks Kawigi.

Fixed the typo. You're right measure 80. Path image is up also. I chose orange because of the noteboard color during OD.

On the final vox act. I can't remember if it worked or not for the last energy phrase. I have it marked that way on the image but, I'll do it solo and see if it works.
[Edit: It doesn't... Ends well before that last phrase...]

beingmused  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There could very well be some improvements to it, but here's our Shackler's Revenge path:

Drums: 1/ 4/ 1/ 2/ 2/
(17-20, 44-53, 64-69, 87-94, 107-110)

Guitar/Bass (precisely together...kind of a rarity): WD for every activation

Vocals: 4/skip1, 2/next, 2/next
(44-53, 64-69, 107-110)

expected score of 1,636,300 with FC.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Beez808  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@beingmused: Adding it now. I assume that's for expert and for 360?

Edit: Ok it's added... If you don't mind proofing it for errors, I'd appreciate it. I also created an image of the path.

Also, I'm thinking about scrapping the "Verbose" version of the path as it's kind of redundant and lengthy. Instead, how about a "Path Notes" section where any special exceptions can be mentioned. See Shackler's Revenge for an example.

Writing out what the shorthand says is kind of tedious.

beingmused  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beez808 wrote:
@beingmused: Adding it now. I assume that's for expert and for 360?

Edit: Ok it's added... If you don't mind proofing it for errors, I'd appreciate it. I also created an image of the path.

Also, I'm thinking about scrapping the "Verbose" version of the path as it's kind of redundant and lengthy. Instead, how about a "Path Notes" section where any special exceptions can be mentioned. See Shackler's Revenge for an example.

Writing out what the shorthand says is kind of tedious.

Yes, expert and ps3/360....I'd be very surprised if you saw any paths that were not both of those things - but I guess you're just being prepared for any eventualities

It looks great, and thanks for both translating it into more readable G/B language and adding the path notes...until I recently got savvier about creating these things, I didn't have that stuff written down, and this is an old path.

I did add the measure numbers in though; I think this makes it a lot easier for anyone who wants to recreate the path to look for improvements or whathaveyou.

If someone wants to add the paths outlined in the Full Band Leagues thread, there are at least 3 or so detailed there.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Fedora  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Own Worst Enemy (I would be surprised if this weren't optimalish)
Man In the Box
Alex Chilton
A Jagged Gorgeous Winter (heh... didn't know it was such a popular one to path)

Here's the style I did my verbose stuff in:

--------------
Man In the Box
--------------

Theoretical Score: 1,432,455 pts.

[Does not include squeezes and residual whammy OD]

-=Vox Notes=-

*Other instrument OD will always be at the beginning of vocal phrases - fill up pies as quickly as possible.

-=Vox Path=-

Get 4, Activate Immediately. (Later in the activation window is better.)

Get 3, Activate Immediately. (As soon as drum fill starts. Will gain one phrase of OD.)

-=Guitar Notes=-

*Squeeze all activation notes unless otherwise specified.
*OD Whammy has been mostly taken into effect at a 1 to 1 ratio. Some adjustment may be required.

-=Guitar Path=-

Get 3/4 of a bar, 2nd note in next OD phrase. (Starting early uses up whammy OD, should have full bar at end of activation phrase.)

Get 1/2 Bar, 1st G-Y Chord. (Lots of whammy in Unison Bonus, do NOT pick up the next OD phrase.)

Get 1/2 Bar, 20th G-Y-B Chord. (Activate at beginning of 1st Drum Fill after "Shove my nose in spit..." - Unison bonus gained under OD should result in full bar.)

Get full bar, 1st Y-B-O Chord. (Will pick up a unison bonus under OD.)

-=Bass Notes=-

*OD Whammy has been mostly taken into effect.

-=Bass Path=-

Get Full Bar, 14th G (1st G after G-R-Y-B run)

Get 1/2 Bar, 10th G (3rd G Sustain. Start at same time as drums.)

Get 1/2 Bar, 2nd R (Same time as drums.)

Get Full bar, 11th G (Unison bonus should result in full bar.)

-=Drum Notes=-

*It's not worth it to squeeze if there's a chance at breaking combo.

-=Drum Path=-

Get Full bar, Activate on Next fill. (4th fill total.)

Get 1/2 bar, Activate on Next fill. (Before "He who tries...")

Get 1/2 bar, Activate on 2nd(?) fill. (Same time as bass, before "Won't you try and...")

Get Full bar, Activate on 2nd Fill. (6th fill total.)

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
Fedora  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll drop this off too to save whoever takes the initiative some time, because I relaly don't mess with the wiki too much:

------------------
My Own Worst Enemy
------------------

Theoretical Score: 1,090,919 pts.

[Does not include squeezes and residual whammy OD]

-=VOX Notes=-

*On the first "Please Tell Me Why" phrase, all pts. gained during "Why" are under 6x OD.

*Final "Sleeping with my Clothes On" before 2nd activation gets 6x bonus during "clothes on"

=Vox Path=-

Get 3, Wait 3. (Activate just before 2nd Verse, "It's no surprise to me...")

Get 4, Activate Immediately. (Later in the activation window is better.)

-=Guitar Notes=-

*100% Solo is worth 8400 bonus pts.

-=Guitar Path=-

Get 3/4 of a bar, 3rd G-R Chord. (Unison bonus plus one, Comes up fast. Right after R-B Chords.)

Get 1/2 Bar, 16th G-R Chord. (6th G-R Chord after 2nd R-B Sustain. Do not get extra OD.)

Get full Bar, 5th G-R Chord. [+1] (1st after Y-O Chords)

-=Bass Notes=-

-=Bass Path=-

Get 3/4 bar, 1st G Sustain. (Same time as drums & guitar.)

Get 1/2 bar, 1st G after O. (Same time as drums.)

Get Full Bar, 5th Red. [+1] (2nd Red sustain. +1 OD phrase should completely refill bar.)

-=Drum Notes=-

*It's not worth it to squeeze if there's a chance at breaking combo.

-=Drum Path=-

Get 3/4 bar, Activate on Next fill. (3rd fill total.)

Get 1/2 bar, Activate on 2nd fill. (Before "A smoke alarm...")

Get full bar, Activate on 2nd fill. [+1] (3rd fill Total.)

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused's Shackler's Revenge path:
There are a few minor tweaks that could be made for pocket change, but it's pretty hard to deny that that's the right structure for the path.

Fedora's My Own Worst Enemy path:
How surprised would you be if I said I did something quite different at the beginning I may post it once we get to try it.

Fedora's Man in the Box path:
I recommend splitting up the last activation, the others are pretty much flawless.

Fedora's Alex Chilton path:
Holy crap, it's like reading a copy of my own path. There's one thing you missed though. On the first drum activation, because of the half-beat overfill at the first OD phrase, you can actually "squeeze out" the next one and save it for the second activation. Great job :-)

Fedora's A Jagged Gorgeous Winter path:
I think alphabetic superiority makes this one a favorite :-) This is pretty much Beez's path but with all the tweaks I would have made to it before using it (except one: I'd count up the whammy and start the last guitar activation a little earlier).
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Beez808  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@fedora: Nice. Thanks for all those. I can't add them right now, but tonight I will.
Only problem I saw was the same problem I had with my AJGW. Having only 1/2 bar for vox and trying to bridge that last OD phrase.

@Kawigi: Indeed. The only flaw with most of my paths is going to be they aren't really super polished. Pretty quick and dirty to get the job done. By that I mean, most of my activations start on even measure marks and are usually only 2nd or 3rd attempt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: