FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band Midi file format
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thepoop555  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

logo123 wrote:
I was able to put a working mogg file into Rockband x360.
The midi did not work yet but I know why.
The problem is that I can not compile GH2maker_xbox.
It must be changed so the Rockband midi works.
The header of GH2 and Rockband2 is the same.

Can someone try to compile it and tell me how?
(I used Visual Studio Express 2005)

thesentence wrote:
Did you just say you got a mogg to work for 360 customs?!

You can replace the audio in the xbox 360 version, but you can't get a working custom .mid file because of hashes that file has on it.

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:
Oh my god I've never seen a bunch of bitching children like this before.

OMG I got perma-rockered! /world

So fucking what. Play your plastic guitar and get over it.
Alternity  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've readed (Is this the right english word? lol) all the thread, great work guys. But I was wondering if anyone of you figured out and tested out the unison bonus and the vocals notes that are changing (you know... like the everlong song.. or any song that have notes that changes.

That would defenitly be a must to have Full band customs that are accurate. Especially for online play XD

EDIT: I've checked the Perfect Drug midi. According to it there is nothing to mark a unison bonus, looks like if OD are somewhat near of exactly at the same time for each instrument it triggers it automatically.

As for the vocals changing notes, I've found that the + character in lyrics have something to do with it. Like lets say theres 2 notes for one lyric ''Sky'' for example, the second note would be the ''+'' lyric.

Didn't tested it yet, I'm waiting for the RB2 wii customs to be out to test all this. When it's tested I'll post a more detailled post.
mrbrdo  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've asked this on another topic but I guess here is even more appropriate.

XEX includes hashes for MIDIs in songs included with the game, or Track Pack. What about DLC? Is there any DLC which is not in PIRS (but in CON for example)?
BHK  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternity wrote:
I've readed (Is this the right english word? lol) all the thread, great work guys. But I was wondering if anyone of you figured out and tested out the unison bonus and the vocals notes that are changing (you know... like the everlong song.. or any song that have notes that changes.

That would defenitly be a must to have Full band customs that are accurate. Especially for online play XD

EDIT: I've checked the Perfect Drug midi. According to it there is nothing to mark a unison bonus, looks like if OD are somewhat near of exactly at the same time for each instrument it triggers it automatically.

As for the vocals changing notes, I've found that the + character in lyrics have something to do with it. Like lets say theres 2 notes for one lyric ''Sky'' for example, the second note would be the ''+'' lyric.

Didn't tested it yet, I'm waiting for the RB2 wii customs to be out to test all this. When it's tested I'll post a more detailled post.

Unison Bonuses aren't specified in the midi, they happen when you both collect OD at around the same time. A example of this can be seen in one of my videos here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swFmRDPZdR8 (1:02 I think is when the first unison bonus happens)
Gotsmack  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the meaning for #/^/* in vocal tracks been determined yet? Is it possible that it has something to do with how much of the pie gets filled? Meaning, does each symbol essentially signify the importance of each piece of the talkie phrase? Am I making sense?

Talkies have been reworked in RB2. Do all 3 symbols still exist?

I imagine the easiest way to see is compare RB1 Next to You to RB2 Next to You.
AerialX  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotsmack wrote:
Has the meaning for #/^/* in vocal tracks been determined yet? Is it possible that it has something to do with how much of the pie gets filled? Meaning, does each symbol essentially signify the importance of each piece of the talkie phrase? Am I making sense?

Talkies have been reworked in RB2. Do all 3 symbols still exist?

I imagine the easiest way to see is compare RB1 Next to You to RB2 Next to You.

'#' are standard talkies. '^' gives you the points more easily than '#' because some syllables are harder to register with the mic, or the note is too short, etc. It gives the player a better chance of hitting hard-to-register talkies. Not sure about '*', though I think it might have been removed from RB2 (or I thought '^' was removed... I forget now. One of them was).
ajanata  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my brief perusal of TBRB mids, there are now PART HARM1 and PART HARM2 tracks (harmonies) which look to be in the same format as PART VOCALS (including player 1/2 and overdrive). There are also now JOHN, PAUL, RINGO, and GEORGE tracks, which presumably are animation controls for the respective character. Everything else seems to be compatible with RB/2 as my chartgen program handled it just fine.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, having read this thread and tried out trial versions of three or four midi tools to look at stuff, I think I only have two questions for the time being:

(1) What's the "player 1/player 2 phrase" stuff? Is that for tug of war?
(2) Is it safe to calculate vocal points as being distributed evenly within the phrase, so that if there are N units of time where the vocalist is singing/talking (and the smallest unit of time appears to be 1/480th of a beat), the score for each unit is multiplier*1000/N ? I know good singers can get the full phrase before that, but if I'm just ballparking it, is that close enough?

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

niq24601 wrote:
Okay, having read this thread and tried out trial versions of three or four midi tools to look at stuff, I think I only have two questions for the time being:

(1) What's the "player 1/player 2 phrase" stuff? Is that for tug of war?
(2) Is it safe to calculate vocal points as being distributed evenly within the phrase, so that if there are N units of time where the vocalist is singing/talking (and the smallest unit of time appears to be 1/480th of a beat), the score for each unit is multiplier*1000/N ? I know good singers can get the full phrase before that, but if I'm just ballparking it, is that close enough?

1 - Yes, for Tug of War.
2 - It depends on what you're doing. PathStats does exactly what you're describing.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
ajanata  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The player 1/player 2 stuff is flattened and used as the phrase start/end markers for vocals (in all game modes), and then somewhat snapped to vocal note boundaries. I forget the specifics, but they only really matter if you're trying to determine where activation zones are.

They're ignored on all other instruments when not playing Tug of War.

Edit: Further research shows a PART HARM3 on some songs. I didn't notice it before. After looking at the mids in Reaper a bit, it looks like PART VOCALS is used if you say "just one vocal part please" and the PART HARM1/2/3 are used if you're playing in harmonies mode. I'll have to check this against the game later, and make changes to the chart program appropriately.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, one more .

What's the base scoring on sustains? If I look at the track it seems to be 12 points per-note, per noteboard beat (not per beat in the BEAT) track. Does that sound right?

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niq24601 wrote:
Okay, one more .

What's the base scoring on sustains? If I look at the track it seems to be 12 points per-note, per noteboard beat (not per beat in the BEAT) track. Does that sound right?

That's correct, 12 points per beat.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
redion1992  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for necroing this thread, but I have some more info.

For songs that have a music video scene in RB2, there is a second venue track, imaginatively named MV VENUE. Looks very similar to the standard VENUE track, only for music videos only.

Also, while I'm here, may as well add the info on tom markers.

Grinnz wrote:
Regarding the info about most of the current library being charted for cymbals already, I have investigated the drum midis.

It appears midi notes 110-112 are used to indicate that drum hits are toms, in the same way that the force hammeron notes are used. In other words, as long as the duration of a note there, any corresponding notes in the chart will be toms, and any notes in the chart while there is no corresponding tom marker will be cymbals. (I guess they figure cymbals are more common than toms, which is definitely true, although if I add these notes to my customs, the Tool charts are going to be half tommed!)

110 - Yellow notes are toms
111 - Blue notes are toms
112 - Green notes are toms
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: