FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Low Rider Pro drums rated as 0?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveson  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visions is a lot easier than llama lol. lots of hard rb3 songs only have hard parts or sections like rader loves outro and beast and the harlots solo. rb2 had more songs that were harder throughtout.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveson wrote:
visions is a lot easier than llama lol. lots of hard rb3 songs only have hard parts or sections like rader loves outro and beast and the harlots solo. rb2 had more songs that were harder throughtout.
The only songs in RB2 that are really hard throughout are Visions, Everlong, Panic Attack, and Shoulder To The Plow. Hard songs throughout on RB3 are Llama, Caught In A Mosh, Crazy Train, (Not too hard, but stays consistent throughout.) I Can See For Miles, and Fly Like An Eagle. I'd say they're about even.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
daveson wrote:
The only songs in RB2 that are really hard throughout are Visions, Everlong, Panic Attack, and Shoulder To The Plow. Hard songs throughout on RB3 are Llama, Caught In A Mosh, Crazy Train, (Not too hard, but stays consistent throughout.) I Can See For Miles, and Fly Like An Eagle. I'd say they're about even.

I think you forgot Painkiller (if you're going to include Crazy train for being "consistent" then you should use painkiller), Colony of birchmen, and probably a few others.
Also to be fair you forgot Beast and the Harlot for RB3.

I think the difference between RB3 and RB2 is that RB3 may have just as many "tough" songs as RB2, but the mid-tier songs in RB2 I'd say are consistently harder than the mid-tier songs in RB3. In my opinion, at least.
daveson  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rb3 has a lot more variety though with more swing beats and disco beats IMO. Rb2 seemed to be more alternative and metal. I like rb3 more for the mid-tier songs.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
daveson wrote:

I guess it all depends on what you're good at.

I'm a far better technical drummer than I am a fast one, and as such Llama is a cakewalk to me (I currently have a -6 on it). Where as I can't get higher than 200k, 94% on Visions.

Not to mention you're forgetting Battery, Teenage Riot, Peace Sells, Colony of Birchmen, Painkiller, and Ramblin Man for RB 2, as personally I find all those far harder than the last 3 you listed for RB 3. (hell I got a SR FC of Crazy Train, but Ramblin Man still gives my arm nightmares).
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
Hobo111 wrote:
daveson wrote:

I guess it all depends on what you're good at.

I'm a far better technical drummer than I am a fast one, and as such Llama is a cakewalk to me (I currently have a -6 on it). Where as I can't get higher than 200k, 94% on Visions.

Not to mention you're forgetting Battery, Teenage Riot, Peace Sells, Colony of Birchmen, Painkiller, and Ramblin Man for RB 2, as personally I find all those far harder than the last 3 you listed for RB 3. (hell I got a SR FC of Crazy Train, but Ramblin Man still gives my arm nightmares).
lolPS,CoB,andTARconsistentlyhard. I did forget Ramblin' Man though.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
lolPS,CoB,andTARconsistentlyhard. I did forget Ramblin' Man though.

Peace Sells and Teen Age Riot aren't consistently hard, but I think overall they're still much harder than most of RB3's final tier.
uSound  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The end of Peace Sells used to fail me all of the time, so in my opinion it's at least worth noting. Still haven't FC'd Teenage Riot, but I did Everlong so I feel that it's also worth noting as difficult, but obviously this is all based on the moderate amount of skill that I have, not geared towards people who are barely playing expert, or even towards someone that's FCing everything like it's Charlene.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
Shvegait  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably worth noting that by the time most of us played RB3's setlist on drums, we'd already mastered RB2's setlist, and without a huge leap (or any leap) in difficulty from RB2 to RB3, RB3 seems easy by comparison, because we have gotten better...

But part of that is that we're comparing RB3's difficulty to our first impressions of RB2's setlist (which WAS a leap in difficulty over RB1, generally). I remember struggling a lot with Teen Age Riot, Everlong, Peace Sells, and Visions, but that was a long time ago and I've improved a lot.

It's probably safe to say that, in general, the RB3 setlist is not any more difficult than the RB2 setlist, with Llama being the only song that pushes the envelope, Caught in a Mosh the only other fast/endurance type song, and Radar Love and Beast and the Harlot the only other "failable" songs because of specific difficult parts. But at the same time, it's not any easier than the RB2 setlist overall, either.

I just don't see how Jerry Was a Race Car Driver (the first impossible of RB3) is more difficult than Teen Age Riot (first impossible of RB2), so the recalibration of the difficulty tiers from RB2 to RB3 makes no sense to me. They should have left it alone and put Jerry Was a Race Car Driver right above Teen Age Riot (actually they should have put Before I Forget in that position but that's my opinion).

Clearly they didn't give it too much thought, or they would have realized they moved a lot of difficult songs from impossible to nightmare tier. I'm not saying they broke the RBN tiering intentionally, but that they just didn't even think about that side effect, which indicates that they don't really care...

Bladder of Steel/Platinum Artist - 2/15/09
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shvegait wrote:
It's probably worth noting that by the time most of us played RB3's setlist on drums, we'd already mastered RB2's setlist, and without a huge leap (or any leap) in difficulty from RB2 to RB3, RB3 seems easy by comparison, because we have gotten better...

That's a good point. It's quite possible if I went into RB3's setlist with the same amount of skill as I went into RB2's setlist with, I would have struggled quite a bit with some things I have no problems on now, like I Can See For Miles' chorus, all the bass in 25 or 6 to 4, or the different disco beats in Viva La Resistance. I still don't think it's as hard overall - I'm pretty sure I would have passed everything but Llama faster than I passed all of RB2's final tier - but our standards for difficulty have increased by quite a bit since RB2.
daveson  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a really good point about the jump in skill though. Some songs like teenage riot still wear me out more than visions or anything like that. Maybe it's just me but teenage riot has always given me stamina problems lol. I think the direction there going in is good though with more variety instead of fast thrash songs and metal.
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visions is harder than Llama. Passing, doing well, FCing, everything. Llama is really overrated.
Hobo111 wrote:
I Can See For Miles, and Fly Like An Eagle. I'd say they're about even.

Um, what? Fly Like An Eagle is really easy, I Can See For Miles is really easy as long as you don't screw up with the bass. I GSed ICSFM on the third time I played it IIRC with a horrible bass pedal that kept messing up.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing on drums is hard everything is easy.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
FearTheReapist  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
Visions is harder than Llama. Passing, doing well, FCing, everything. Llama is really overrated.
Hobo111 wrote:
I Can See For Miles, and Fly Like An Eagle. I'd say they're about even.

Um, what? Fly Like An Eagle is really easy, I Can See For Miles is really easy as long as you don't screw up with the bass. I GSed ICSFM on the third time I played it IIRC with a horrible bass pedal that kept messing up.

i remember when i got this far off topic once

I LOVE SCOREHERO <5
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: HavItYourWayBKz
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:

They use pretty different skill sets (aside from both being really fast), so it's going to vary by person. Personally, Llama completely slaughters me, while I have no trouble passing Visions. I think Llama's probably universally the easier FC and probably the easier gold star and maybe 5 star for most people, but for a lot of people it's still the harder song to pass or 4 star.

PiemanLK wrote:
Nothing on drums is hard everything is easy.

First of all, it's relative. Second, if you find things like We Are The Nightmare, What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse, or Creatures ov Deception easy, then congratulations, you are unreasonably talented, but for most people, plenty of things on drum are really hard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: