FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FatsDomino64 vs. Steven Octopus Drums Rivalry
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FatsDomino64  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: FatsDomino64 vs. Steven Octopus Drums Rivalry Reply with quote

'ello there everyone its Fats and my friend Steven and I wanted to make one of these threads to help keep track of our everlasting competition with each other. Steven and I, my real name is Chris, by the way, have known each other since I was in seventh grade, which was about five years ago because I was friends with his sister. Back in the days of Rock Band 1, I borrowed a friend's drums and game because he was bored with them and became addicted to them. While I was still on medium, Steven was already an expert drummer so I sort of looked to him for advice since he was the only person I knew that was any good. I quickly rose through the ranks of difficulty and just before Rock Band 2 came out I had beaten the Expert tour. When I was trying to beat the songs in Rock Band 2, I saw just how much better Steven was than me. He sent me a picture of his first pass of Panic Attack when I couldn't even pass Spoonman . Steven then started playing guitar more and I slowly began to catch up to him, eventually getting pretty darn good. When I beat him to gold starring "Painkiller" (It was a few months after it came out, lol) it kind of shocked him and then he went on a campaign to get 83/84 gold stars, which he has since completed. He has basically beaten me to most things, (except an "Everlong" and "The Trees" FCs lulz) but we still compete heavily on DLC songs more than anything. On this thread though we'll be more score duelling on Disc Songs mainly for my own good so I can get the rest of my gold stars. We'll also be tracking races to GSs and FCs so stay tuned!

Update - 8/9:

This last week was the first week of our system and it worked pretty well. Other than time constraints for both of us, and apathy for me, we were a little pressed for time, but it still worked out quite well. To start off, the seven disc songs for this week were all incredibly easy, so I was expecting Steven to win, as he has more of a perfectionist mentality and more of a patience. If I miss optimal two or three times I'll just give up, but usually Steven works hard at it. Consequently, I only cared enough to do two songs, "One Step Closer" and "Feel the Pain", both of which I greatly improved my scores on. Steven I do believe got optimal or close to it on each song, so I kinda just let it go.

The DLC songs, however, were another story. On the first day Steven got Gold Stars on "Powerslave", so I knew I had my work cut out. What I was most focused on, however, was FCing "Train Kept A Rollin'". After a few tries, I had the worst choke imaginable on the last set of blues, which really hurt my morale, but I stuck with it, and about 10 tries later finally FCed it, beating IAmChirs4Life by 1 point! I later Gold Starred "Powerslave", putting victory nearly out of reach for Steven, although to his credit he got verrrry close.

Then there was the score duel. I had been playing horribly all day, so I won't get into too much detail on this one. Long story short, he destroyed me on everything except "D.O.A." oddly enough and won 3-1. Finally, we chose a song to race to. We would race to Gold Star "Hey John, What's Your Name Again?" by The Devil Wears Prada. Little did we know that the GS cutoff for that is incredibly high, so there isn't much hope for that, although Steven has gotten very close. We might have to pick a new one, though. That's all for this week, leaving Steven with disc and Score Duel victories and me with a DLC victory. On to next week!

Ongoing Race:

"Desperate Times, Desperate Measures" by Underoath FC

Closest to goal:

Rules of the Races: A picture must be provided. Also one of us can only work on the race if the other is online, regardless of what game theyre playing. This means that time differences are not an issue like with the race to "Inside the Fire" and if the other competitor really wanted to win, they could work on it.

This Week (8/9)

Disc Songs:
-"Battery" by Metallica
-"Alabama Getaway" by The Grateful Dead
-"Chop Suey" by System of a Down

DLC songs:
-"Disposable Teens" by Marilyn Manson
-"Embedded" by Job For a Cowboy

History -

Disc Victories:
FatsDomino64: 0
Steven Octopus: 1

DLC Victories:
FatsDomino64: 1
Steven Octopus: 0

Race Victories:

Score Duel Victories:

Archive -

Week of 8/2

Disc Victor: Steven Octopus
DLC Victor: FatsDomino64

Week of 8/9

Disc Victor:
DLC Victor:

Past races:

"Hey John, What's Your Name Again?" Gold Stars winner - Steven Octopus 153,525 (2nd place at the time)
"Inside the Fire" by Disturbed FC winner - FatsDomino64 200,975

Last edited by FatsDomino64 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:34 am; edited 27 times in total
stevenoctopus  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty then, my turn I'd say. So, as Chris said we'll be working more on Disc Songs then anything but I suppose we'll have some DLC because I need that since I have about 5 scores for DLC up. Well how were doing it is I got all the disc songs and threw them into a list randomizer and we'll do a number of songs a week (more or less depending on what songs are there I figured). The goal of this is really to give us some motivation, for Chris FC/GS/improving his scores and for me opimal FC's (oh yeah koolaid man). I told Chris to make a DLC Quickplay account so I can make a list of DLC too. I suppose the number of songs we do a week would be shorter since it's a side goal but what the heck, throw it in too. I believe were doing other things such as Score Duels, Race to FCdom, and other stuff, but I could be wrong.

And finally I present you with this weeks On-Disc Songs:

8. Battery
9. Alabama Getaway
10. Chop Suey

We'll show pictures below and whoever has the highest total score at the end of the week wins! Yay!

Edit: RULE! If you already have a picture of a score, well you can delete it because I don't care you have to do it within the time frame. Love you Chris! :]

Last edited by stevenoctopus on Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:13 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Steven Octopus
stevenoctopus  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLC Songs of the Week:

3.Disposable Teens
4.Embedded

Ha, two songs from Mayhem.

Last edited by stevenoctopus on Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Steven Octopus
stevenoctopus  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week of 8/2:

Disc:

One Step Closer 111,475
Conventional Lover 198,875
Cool for Cats 161,875
De-Luxe 152,475
Feel the Pain 205,475
Livin' on a Prayer 146,975
Nine in the Afternoon 71,175

Total=1,048,325

DLC:

Powerslave 374,178
Train Kept a Rollin' 230,083

Total= 604,261

Post them like this Chris, and if you get more scores just edit and add like this. Then each week we'll make a new post.

Last edited by stevenoctopus on Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:56 pm; edited 8 times in total
FatsDomino64  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week of 8/2:

Disc:

One Step Closer optimal (almost) - 111,475
Feel the Pain almost optimal - 205,275 No pic, XBL for proof.

DLC:

Train Kept a Rollin' FC - 252,009
Powerslave GS - 358,810

DLC total: 610,819. EAT IT.

Last edited by FatsDomino64 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
stevenoctopus  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race to GS:

Hey John, What's Your Name Again?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, to inform you all on the Hey John, What's Your Name Again? race, I was on the last whatever you call them, with 2 pedals and then 2 notes, a.k.a. the easy ones. I was so excited because I was gonna FC it and I knew it, then my power shuts off and I realized it was only my room. My dad turned the power off to my room because it was "funny." So now after trying to FC it again I can't even get GS. FML.

Progress!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score Duel #1 Results:

He stopped playing on Red Barchetta... what a noobski.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah because I've been playing like shit all day. It's a wonder I did remotely well on D.O.A.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuses.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next week of songs!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deed is done...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week of 8/9-

Disc:

Chop Suey 152,575
Alabama Getaway 209,375
Battery 310,750

DLC:

Fuck I didn't take pictures. Now I can't ceck since I'm at my mom's. So, either you instant win DLC or you can wait until I get to my dad's so I can see my scores. :]

FC of Battery later?

Last edited by stevenoctopus on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
FatsDomino64  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee hee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got to play the song. He told me not to until he got home and then he started playing before I knew he was home. Cheater. :]

Last edited by stevenoctopus on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: