FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 (8/20/10 - All Songs Confirmed)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 501, 502, 503, 504  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost wanted to start a new thread for this, but I'm not entirely sure if it's really a poll thread or not, but I was curious as to which songs you people found to be your hidden gems (i.e. songs that weren't on your radar before the setlist came out and/or that you thought you'd hate but you really like on at least one instrument). Try to limit yourself to three, I guess.

For me, it'd be...

Dover - King George
Ida Maria - Oh My God
The Raveonettes - Last Dance

All three were pleasant surprises *shrug*.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
fUNC  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roxette- The Look (a one-hit wonder from my childhood that I'd completely forgotten about- turns out it's just as catchy as I remembered)
The Sounds- Living in America (bought the CD based off hearing this one song back in the day- turns out it aged beautifully. Keys are really fun)
The Flaming Lips- Yoshimi... (loved the song already, but it's easy and wonderfully weird to play in the game)

I'll second the King George and Ida Maria mentions, too. Fantastic songs. The best part? If you have an even fair amount of DLC, there's little to no repetition in the setlist when playing through the career.

Need You Tonight on drums can go DIAF though.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
ricecake  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
SteveAbKI wrote:
ricecake wrote:
I unlocked all 3 using the GH:WoR guitar, so I can confirm that substituting Yellow for Blue in the codes works as well.

Wait...what?

PS3 version.

Should be clarified, really.

Thanks, I've added PS3 to the header on the table. I was unaware that the codes were the same on Xbox with both instruments.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antibodies, Living in America, and The Look are all awesome songs I wasn't expecting to be awesome.

Well, I was kind of expecting Living in America to be awesome, because I have that one DLC cover of Song With a Mission from way back in the day.

NoThru22  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dover and Saturday Night were surprising for me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Macello
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:

Dover - King George

I wanted to buy this from iTunes and they didn't even have it. Hello there obscure band...
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hidden gems... hmm...

1) False Alarm by The Bronx. I've always been aware of the Bronx, but to see a straight up hardcore song by them appear on the setlist was really a pleasant surprise.

2) Oye Mi Amor/Me Enamora by Mana/Juanes: I wasn't really excited about the spanish songs too much, but both turned out to be pretty darn fun to play, and Me Enamora even had a pretty cool solo. Definitely more enjoyable than I had anticipated

3) Viva La Resistance! by Hypernova: Never heard of the band, never heard of the song, yet just plain awesome all the way around. High energy, not terribly repetitive, challenging but not insanely hard... Definitely one of my favorite setlist tracks now.

Honorable Mention: Humanoid by Tokio Hotel. I've never been a fan of Tokio Hotel, and while this song isn't terribly interesting to play, it's far and away the best song of theirs (playability wise) in the RB platform, as well as being a surprisingly awesome song to listen to, in my opinion.

Similarly, here are my 3 disappointments:

1) Don't Bury Me... I'm Still Dead by The Riverboat Gamblers. I've been hearing about The Riverboat Gamblers for a good couple years now, as a "great return to punk music" but I had never gotten a chance to listen to them. Perhaps this is my fault for not listening to the song beforehand, but I was really excited to play it in RB3 to see what all the fuss was about, but when I finally did I realized they just sounded like Fallout Boy. Not bad, per-se, but not nearly as great as my friends had lead me to believe.

EDIT: The more I listen to this track the more I can see their distinction from other pop-punk bands. They still aren't my favorite but I approve. Also this track is pretty fun on drums.

2) Midlife Crisis: I can only speak for guitar and keys so far, but this song was a huge disappointment. I love the song, but sustained chords for pretty much the entire thing? Occasionally there was a little guitar lick that was enjoyable but that was pretty rare. I'd still say a good addition to the setlist, but still disappointing to play compared to Epic from RB1.

Edit: Not terrible on drums. But not great either.

3) What do you know? I can't think of a 3rd one. Every other song I played I either knew not to expect much going into it (IE: Last Dance) and hence wasn't disappointed, or matched/exceeded my expectations on at least one or more instruments.

I'd say that's a good setlist to me.

NOW A QUICK NOTE ON AMY WINEHOUSE: Beat me up for it if you will, but I'm a huge fan of Rehab on-disc. It may not be the most fun to play, but it's not only a popular song (great for parties), but a song in a style/genre that isn't really present in rock band at the moment. Basically, love it or hate it, there's nothing else like it in the game, and that's why I appreciate it.

Edit: Played drums some more and found something cool. The stock sounds you play in fills or at the beginning/end of songs are a lot better. They haven't quite gotten to the GH standard of taking samples from the songs, but in RB3 they change to best fit the song itself. A great example is they switch to Electronic Drum samples in Need You Tonight. I think this makes playing fills a lot more enjoyable.
Bront  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antibodies is cathy, and the Bass chart is fun, but I can't pass the bugger on Bass or Guitar (I only tried once on bass though, died at the large HOPO poart towards the end.)

Always loved Heuy Lewis and the News, but Power of Love is more fun to play than I expected. Not difficult, but a lot of movement for a chord-fest-esque song, and a fun solo. I hope we get more too, because I think some of the do-wap harmonies will be a blast to sing.

Break On Through (To the Other Side) is more fun on guitar than I expected.

Been surprised by the songs I haven't hated either. Didn't expect to like some of the 2000s stuff either, but Combat Baby, Rehab, In a Big Country, and Viva La Revolution aren't bad (Though Viva's guitar chart isn't the most fun thing in the world). This is more musically than chart driven, which is more of how I play.

I still have to hit a lot of the set list though. Given how busy I'll be, might be a week or two before I hit every song at least once.

Songs: Just over 1000.
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick bump- GameStop has new listings for the Mustang.

11/3- PS3
11/9- 360
11/22- Wii

ALKGFFFASLKFADSULFASKF. Please let the Wii date be sooner. >.>
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont want to start a new thread for this so what peripheral is used for pro keys is it the standard 70 dollar keyboard?

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberRaiza wrote:
i dont want to start a new thread for this so what peripheral is used for pro keys is it the standard 70 dollar keyboard?

Yes. You can also use nearly any keyboard with MIDI-OUT with the MIDI Adapter.
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
CyberRaiza wrote:

Yes. You can also use nearly any keyboard with MIDI-OUT with the MIDI Adapter.

thats awesome cause im passively learning keyboard irl and its a lot cheaper to get a 70 dollar keyboard and a 60 dolla game than a few hundred dollar keyboard and lessons (although not needed).

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
JackFr  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the love of god will someone tell me how to play keyboard on guitar?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackFr wrote:
For the love of god will someone tell me how to play keyboard on guitar?

for the love of god will people read ANY of the RB3 related threads on this board because they've pretty much all answered the question.

You can unlock the ability by completing one of the guitar goals, or you can just take the easy way out and turn on "all instruments mode"
thespike  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprises for me were Dover - King George, Pretty Girls Make Graves - Something Bigger, Something Brighter and Tegan and Sara - The Con. I discovered The Con back when it was announced and for some reason I really liked it.

Antibodies was disappointing, not that fun to play. It's fun to sing though, kind of. Rehab is bad but not as bad as I thought it would be.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 501, 502, 503, 504  Next
Page 502 of 504

Jump to: