FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Next week's DLC "most requested song in 3+ years" of RB.com tracking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vigarde wrote:
Inb4 Hocus Pocus.
I don't think it'll be Hocus Pocus. I don't see how it is related to Valentines Day, and HMXhenry said it would be.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
Focus - Hocus Pocus.

Please?
DUDE!
I know damn well that song isn't most requested, but would definitely shit my pants if it was added at some point. I'd go out and buy a new drum set just to play that song.
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
espher wrote:
Focus - Hocus Pocus.

Please?
DUDE!
I know damn well that song isn't most requested, but would definitely shit my pants if it was added at some point. I'd go out and buy a new drum set just to play that song.

and a flute

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something from Scenes From a Memory maybe?

Under a Glass Moon?

If it's Muse though it better be New Born and it better be live.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone pointed out earlier, I remember Harmonix pointing out that Muse is NOT the most requested band for Rock Band and in fact nowhere near it, they just have an extremely vocal fanbase.

Which granted that could translate to them putting in more Muse simply to shut them up at this point.

I also don't really see Scenes From a Memory being the most requested, even though I would kill someone in order to actually get some good Dream Theater in this game and they're a fan favorite amongst experienced RB players I don't think it's going to be them purely as something like GnR or Metallica would be far more requested by the general public.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Ihasadonut  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
I also don't really see Scenes From a Memory being the most requested, even though I would kill someone in order to actually get some good Dream Theater in this game and they're a fan favorite amongst experienced RB players I don't think it's going to be them purely as something like GnR or Metallica would be far more requested by the general public.

Well if it's GnR hopefully it's Paradise City or something like that.

As for Metallica, I'd expect Puppets but I'd really be hoping for something off Kill 'Em All, Jump in the Fire especially.

DT are definitely popular though, if we're lucky, they could do a 2112 and give us Octavarium or Six Degrees. /totallynotgettingaheadofself
BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihasadonut wrote:

DT are definitely popular though, if we're lucky, they could do a 2112 and give us Octavarium or Six Degrees. /totallynotgettingaheadofself

Agree

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
As someone pointed out earlier, I remember Harmonix pointing out that Muse is NOT the most requested band for Rock Band and in fact nowhere near it, they just have an extremely vocal fanbase.

Which granted that could translate to them putting in more Muse simply to shut them up at this point.

On the latest HMX podcast they openly said Muse is the most requested band according to their Facebook App(This is by amount of people who want them, not the weighted system the app employs. Apparently A7X and Muse go back and forth via the weighted system).

The Facebook app is the major catalyst for my prediction

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly it's going to be Elvis, then.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll place my money on Sweet Child 'O Mine!
Sully  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's got to be something from GNR. Paradise City would be AMAZING.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
expertwin  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be a song.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Ad134  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
It will be a song.

By god I think he's got it...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main issue with the Muse prediction is that I can't think of a reason we'd be getting more Muse right now. I think, based on the Muse we've gotten in the two series so far, Muse is possible, just very difficult, to license. Between Muse and Dream Theater, both Warner bands that seem heavily-requested enough to get large packs that we've instead only gotten occasional singles from for both Rock Band and Guitar Hero, I've been wondering if Warner just charges huge amounts per song for licensing their major bands. So Harmonix would only bother releasing a Muse song if they really thought it was worth it. And if that's the case, why would they do it just for a Valentine's day release? If they were going to bother spending the money to get more Muse, I'd think they'd have done it over the holidays, rather than now.

I'd similarly expect them to choose a different time to release something like GnR if they finally managed to release it, but since, as far as I know, licensing problems with GnR are more an issue of Slash and Axl disagreeing about things and not a record label trying to milk money out of them, that's one that could change suddenly. If Warner were going to suddenly change their minds and start handing out Muse tracks, I don't think it would happen in January. On the other hand, if Slash and Axl did suddenly agree to put their old stuff in Rock Band (however unlikely that is), then that's something that wouldn't necessarily coincide with a more profitable time of year, and if Harmonix suddenly got access to old GnR in December or January they might not want to wait until next holiday season to release it. I think the same goes for Led Zeppelin, that just seems less likely to happen.

As for Avenged Sevenfold, the wording of the tweet makes it sound like it's the most requested song period, not just the most requested song not already released, and I have the feeling Beast and the Harlot (or maybe Bat Country) would have been more requested than anything that we don't have yet. I wouldn't be surprised if A Little Piece of Heaven is very high up on the list, but I would be kind of surprised if it were number 1.

Overall, I think Never Gonna Give You Up is most likely, because of the balance of accessibility and timing. Every other song that seems like it might top the list either seems like it probably isn't obtainable (GnR, Led Zeppelin), or that it would have been just obtainable during the holiday season as it would be now (Muse, Avenged Sevenfold) and that would have been a better time to release it.

Although honestly, there isn't really a realistic suggestion so far that I'd be really unhappy with. A7x would be the least exiting to me, but their songs are still pretty fun to play. Finally getting any of the heavily-requested bands that we don't have (or barely have) yet would be awesome. And NGGYU would be an amazing party song, even if it wouldn't be as significant and the charts wouldn't be as fun as most of the other suggestions.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
It's got to be something from GNR. Paradise City would be AMAZING.

I didn't think about Paradise City before, but I would think that would be heavily requested too. Plus it would be extremely fun on all instruments I would think.

Either Sweet child o' mine or Paradise City would make me happy.
God forbid if it is Never Gonna Give you up...I think I would slaughter someone.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: