FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
X Bass/Guitar Rivalry- RB1 Imports Week 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shermanmeow  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right on. I was surprised to see this topic floated back up to the top. I have done about all of the songs, i think i still have Wanted on both instrument and Ouside on bass. Weds. works fine for me. I would have finished this weekend, but finally got a job.

so Weds. it is...
shermanmeow  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll list them like this: G/B and then total them at the end.

Wanted Dead or Alive - 143,929/60,772
Here it goes again -142,984/98,780
I'm so sick - 138,675/155,857
Dani California - 210,856/201,424
29 Fingers - 162,579/129,382

Total:

Guitar:799,023
Bass:646,215
Combined:1,445,238

Last edited by shermanmeow on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
bisq  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I was just looking through our scores to see where we are at...needless to say it is REALLY close at this point.

Straight J.U.I.C.E. Accomplishments
My Twitter / My Facebook
All DLC for RB2 and TBRB and RBN (ps3)
shermanmeow  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are really close. I think i'm going to redo dani and so sick. i know so sick can be an fc, and i gotta 98% on the dani solo, just messed up the beginning triangle thingies.
bisq  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha those are the same two songs I redid tonight to pass you Now I suppose you'll take it back because I can't break 95 on the dani solo...But I'll be seriously impressed if you beat my Im so sick guitar score

My Twitter / My Facebook
shermanmeow  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after numerous retries on both, they both turned out to be huge disappointments, haha. choke after choke on I'm So Sick (plus your score is GREAT, anyways) and a great fun on Dani California, except a 91% solo. I can't believe I hit 98% once, and if it happens again, I will be really surprised.
bisq  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Here are my totals...I forgot to send these out last night

Wanted Dead or Alive - 148,378/61,950
Here it goes again -141,196/98,364
I'm so sick - 145,512/155,833
Dani California - 202,776/202,707
29 Fingers - 155,901/129,682

Total:

Guitar:793,763
Bass:648,536
Combined:1,442,299

Some notes...First of all I really hate 29 fingers on guitar. I almost replaced that song with something else but I was trying to pick songs you hadn't played somewhat randomly so I left it. In RB1 I was within a couple hundred points of gold star and kept playing it over and over and over and only after about 20-30 tries over a couple days did I ever get it.

Now that I'm a better player I was going for the FC but for some reason I kept randomly missing. I only ran it like 3-4 this time though as it kind of wears out my wrist so I keep getting worse the more I play. The thing is THE SONG IS NOT THAT HARD! I have no idea what my problem with it is, I mean if I can do I'm so sick in like 3-4 tries why can't I do this?

Dani Cali guitar...I went from 170,000 to 202,000 in one run. The secret? As you probably know its getting all those little ho/po triangle things during the verses. I used to be terrible at them but it all came together finally. I think I only missed once or twice total outside the hard part of the solo (which I get 91% on every time it seems)

Dani Cali bass...I'd actually never played this chart before and it was quite fun. Seeing as I FCd this my 2nd try and I still haven't FCd 29 fingers on guitar makes me think that maybe I should stick to bass

I'm so sick guitar...I nearly quit with a high -1 run where I choked less than 30 notes or so from the end. Then I realized that I could improve the path and tried it one more time. Also on the 1st act I nearly missed because I activated and hit the note REALLY late accidentally. I think it ended up helping my squeeze points in the end.

wanted doa guitar...I got this on my first try. I FCd up to the crazy part and figured it was good enough.

HIGA...Did I mention how much I hate BREs

My Twitter / My Facebook
shermanmeow  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right. I snuck a quick jump in my Dani California score in there, this morning. As you said, those triangles are the key to a good scores, and oh my goodness did they stand in the way. I went through on a mediocre run and got a 98 on the solo again, this time only missing a couple in the beginning and FCing the last hard run, but it still only about 202,xxx or something, so I try again do awesome on the main part, only missing a few times and biff the solo at 95.

Here it goes again, the guitar was my first run, and as you said, BRE's are total bummers. That's actually why I didn't play this again. On a side note, I assume your on a LP?

I'm so Sick, you got me hands down, I couldnt't get the FC but I almost don't think that would have me beating you. Nice job with the path, seriously.

Wanted Dead or alive fro some reason I couldn't 100% the solo. I've done it a million times before, but every single time, I would get about half way and just miss one note. and that crazy part sucks. A LOT...

and finally, 29 Fingers. love the song, hate in on every single instrument. the guitar FC took, seriously, longer than my time spent on other song on both instruments. and it's sooooo easy! I can't wrap my head around it.

overall I got all 5 Bass FC's and just 2 guitar. on the bright side, if i ever can get good at those stupid triangles, i may be able to get a Dani California FC.

So how are we going to pick for this week?
bisq  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here is my idea for picking next week...I'll use randomizer.org to select songs until we get 5 we haven't played yet in this rivalry. Then each of us can optionally replace 1 of the 5 songs with one of our choosing.

Assuming we are still doing imports and g/b, here are the 5 it picked:

Are You Gonna Be My Girl
Highway Star*
Creep
Main Offender
Vasoline

* This was actually the randomizers 6th pick. Previously, it picked blitzkreig bop but I see we have both already played that song so I just picked an additional random number. Actually we both played Highway Star on guitar already but the bass chart is fun enough to keep it in I think.

I think I'm definitely gonna choose to replace 1 of them...just gotta decide what to replace it with.

Oh and I normally use either a WTar or an SG with a frontman as a backup. The WTAR is better for activating and squeezing due to the SG adaptor issues but the SG is a little better for strumming . I used to be much better with SG frets also but I'm getting better with the WTAR as I play it more. I normally use the WTar on most songs unless its something really hard or something with a lot of fast strumming in which case I'll break out the SG (ex. songs like Battery and LTBR on guitar).

And yeah I got 5 bass and 2 guitar FCs also so we're still pretty even.

My Twitter / My Facebook
shermanmeow  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna switch Creep out for Outside. When we get this all settled, I'm going to clean up the main page, and get it all up to date.
bisq  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shermanmeow wrote:
I wanna switch Creep out for Outside. When we get this all settled, I'm going to clean up the main page, and get it all up to date.

HAHA I was gonna switch creep but I wanted to wait for you to go first in case you did. Now I can get rid of vasoline

I'm gonna switch it out for...In Bloom. Yeah I know its cheap seeing as I already have a good bass score in, but the idea is to pick something I think I can win so there it is. Plus I still need to FC it on guitar.

My Twitter / My Facebook
shermanmeow  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

creep just isn't fun on guitar. I suck at vasoline, but i like it. in bloom though, now i have my work cut out for me.

...shoulda went with orange crush. i have 1st on guiter
bisq  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shermanmeow wrote:
creep just isn't fun on guitar. I suck at vasoline, but i like it. in bloom though, now i have my work cut out for me.

...shoulda went with orange crush. i have 1st on guiter

Yeah I couldve picked ITIP but its pretty boring. I have first on bass for that and its kind of tricky because you activate in the middle of a hold. I just happened to get lucky I guess.

My Twitter / My Facebook
shermanmeow  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've already started, and man, these songs are gunna push me harder than i thought. due next weds, right?
bisq  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah....I'm a pretty busy guy and I'm spending a good deal of time doing the s11 full band league (graveyard shift...root for us!) but when I'm not doing that I'll be working on these. So next wednesday should be fine with me.

Question of the week, will I manage to lock in the tempo for that fast strummy part at the end of highway stars solo or will I bomb it completely? Also will I mess up the triplets before that making it a moot point? Stay tuned!

My Twitter / My Facebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: