FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DLC of 3/29 - Days of Peace and DRAGONFORCE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joekickass1234 wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:
joekickass1234 wrote:
wait...does this have pro guitar to?

if so........good god.....

My God, it's full of numbers.
hahaha. I just found out it doesn't though.

Wait, what?
lsapg09  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
joekickass1234 wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:
joekickass1234 wrote:

Wait, what?

No pro for OPGAP

<--------------- ON RB2. YEAH I'M THAT AWESOME
http://www.youtube.com/user/lsapg09
http://www.twitch.tv/andpeegee
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: andpg
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kinda with Joe on this one... that chart looks ridiculous and not even slightly fun, and the idea of playing it on the Rock Band engine makes it sound even worse. I see what y'all are saying about how it SHOULD be really hard, but its still a video game, and that just looks like a custom thats hard for the sake of being hard. I mean, I'm all about balls-to-the-wall hard songs. I certainly don't think the chart should be dumbed down so that someone like me would be able to pass (and I never had any delusions that I WOULD pass either song). But it's more an issue of fairness. If only the upper tier of players could even PASS the song, then it seems like poor business to release it as regular DLC since I imagine most people who buy it will be raging that they can't pass it.

It is still a game, and the fun-factor should still be the first priority (IMO). And I think that the batshit stuff should be saved for the pro modes and the expert chart should be what is the most fun. I would be happy to sometimes fail a song that has a difficult part that feels fairly charted (it happens to me all the time in GH and some RB songs). But this... just doesn't seem fair.

What I'm curious is how they playtested this at all at HMX. I mean, from what I remember (which isn't much, and I could be totally wrong, so don't quote me on this) but when Alakaiser worked there he was one of their best players. And he's probably somewhere on my level (which is mediocre by ScoreHero standards, but respectable and even downright good to the rest of the world). So who among them was even able to play these songs from start to finish to make sure they were any fun at all or even fair charts? Yeah, I know, there's No Fail, but playtesters having to play with that modifier on should be telling enough...

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finalizer wrote:
ProffessorJoe wrote:
You know, this is the bullshit charting i've been talking about. What on earth were they thinking? If you aren't a godly tapper you can't even pass the songs <_< Thank god for no fail. I bet these charts made Mystakin happy. You real guitarists can have your fun. I prefered the charts when they were made for a video game, you know, one that lots of people were suppose to enjoy.

Okay, I was with you before about being miffed over certain charting practices, but really? A really hard song should be, ya know, really hard to play. If they had filled the solo with a bunch of pointless strums and awkward patterns, then I'd fully agree, but aside from a couple of parts, it's a pretty smooth, if really fucking nutty, chart to play, and highly enjoyable if you ask me.

It seems to me at this point that you're just complaining that you can't pass a song when you want to be able to; TtFaF is meant to appeal to highly skilled players who can tap 20+ NPS madness, so if you're outside that skill range, it's expected that you'll struggle with the song, and likely find it much less fun.

Honestly, I'm glad they took on a ball-bustingly difficult approach. If they had kept the charting similar to GH3/SH and toned down the tapping, it would've been FC'd in a day and forgotten by next week. By making everything nuts, it fills a particular niche that the hardcore players have been really craving for a long time. Even with all the nutty difficulty with tapping sections way out of my league, I still find the chart overall fun because there are plenty of HO/PO chains that I can hit, and those parts aren't marred by the stupid charting styles that plagued other recent HMX charts, something I'm highly grateful for.

tl;dr really hard charts =/= bullshit charts.

(Note - this is just speaking toward chart enjoyability, not accuracy/quality)

Also, I finally managed to legitimately pass TtFaF! Seems just strumming the reds while under OD can get you (limping) by that section. Eh, it works. OGaP is still nowhere near passable for me though.

I sort of understand, but again, i'm not someone who plays on hard commenting on this song, i easily have over 750k on the GH3 chart, which might not be anywhere near elite status, but its well above 5 stars. I've played this version on guitar 5 times now, have come nowhere near 5 stars, and without no fail would still not be passing just the outro alone. I just don't understand how having to strum only the reds while under OD just to get a pass makes the entire chart fun. There are some parts that are fun, but the super insane parts can still be super insane without making you fail <_< So yes, i'm calling this chart bullshit.
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
yaniv297  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this talk about "overcharting" is BS. The truth is, unless someone here just happens to play guitar for Dragonforce, none of us has any idea what he actually plays there and how it should be charted. I don't think anyone here actually understand what's going on with the guitar - it just all soudns like am mess. I play guitar for 6 years and I wouldn't know where to begin the chart. The guys at HMX at least had the seperated guitar stem.

All people complaining about difficulty - why buy Dragonforce in the first place?

Anyway, all this DF talk is overshadowing the other pack we got this week, the Woodstock pack which is totally awesome on pretty much every instrument. Oh, and unlike Dragonforce, it's actually music.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lsapg09 wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:
joekickass1234 wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:
joekickass1234 wrote:

Wait, what?

No pro for OPGAP

Oh, I thought he meant TTFaF.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're now the two toughest songs out of, what, around 2500? What exactly did people expect?

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
diablocon  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro charts for TTFAF are now up in the Music Store. Tiers are 6 for guitar (shocker, I know) and 6 for bass (I guess because the Mustang can't really handle all the fast strum bursts).
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
I'm kinda with Joe on this one... that chart looks ridiculous and not even slightly fun, and the idea of playing it on the Rock Band engine makes it sound even worse. I see what y'all are saying about how it SHOULD be really hard, but its still a video game, and that just looks like a custom thats hard for the sake of being hard. I mean, I'm all about balls-to-the-wall hard songs. I certainly don't think the chart should be dumbed down so that someone like me would be able to pass (and I never had any delusions that I WOULD pass either song). But it's more an issue of fairness. If only the upper tier of players could even PASS the song, then it seems like poor business to release it as regular DLC since I imagine most people who buy it will be raging that they can't pass it.

It is still a game, and the fun-factor should still be the first priority (IMO). And I think that the batshit stiff should be saved for the pro modes and the expert chart should be what is the most fun. I would be happy to sometimes fail a song that has a difficult part that feels fairly charted (it happens to me all the time in GH and some RB songs).

What I'm curious is how they playtested this at all at HMX. I mean, from what I remember (which isn't much, and I could be totally wrong, so don't quote me on this) but when Alakaiser worked there he was one of their best players. And he's probably somewhere on my level (which is mediocre by ScoreHero standards, but respectable and even downright good to the rest of the world). So who among them was even able to play these songs from start to finish to make sure they were any fun at all or even fair charts? Yeah, I know, there's No Fail, but playtesters having to play with that modifier on should be telling enough...

I can understand that perspective, but people wanted DragonForce DLC. They raged about it on the forums for years now, even when HMX said they didn't want to do it. They did this precisely because it will sell. As for complaining that it's too hard and not fun, uh...don't buy DragonForce DLC? Seriously, I honestly don't understand how you can complain about the song being too hard. This is a band that is infamous for their extremely difficult shredding, effectively dubbed "the Guitar Hero band" ever since they debuted in GH3. What did people honestly expect? I mean, really? And let's not even pretend to know how the song "should be" charted. It's a gorram mess of notes and we all know it. There is no "One True Way" to chart DragonForce, period.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hailz, you're operating on the assumption that the general public was ever able to pass TTFaF on expert. It's only a song anyone cares about passing to us, to everyone else it's either A) a song they play on a lower difficulty or B) that song they show their friends so they can laugh at how impossible it is.

Considering it's only purpose is to be lawl hard it makes no sense to pull any punches. And really all the "it's like a custom" digs are kind of uncalled for. It's not like they're pulling things out of thin air, they just aren't making any compromises, which is a decision you might not agree with, but it's not amateur quality.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yaniv297 wrote:
All people complaining about difficulty - why buy Dragonforce in the first place?

I didn't buy them, just commenting on them I like how everyone is jumping all over me about this, like I apparently I think I know how it SHOULD be charted? I don't know a damn thing about charting, and I don't pretend to know how it should be charted. I just know when something isn't a whole lot of fun, and by golly, this is a public forum and I'm going to say so in the civil manner that I have done so! It's cute how dissenting opinions against any DLC or anything Rock Band brings out the claws in people. I wanted to like it, but I didn't, and thus, will not purchase. It's a shame, really. But we're all on the same team, I promise.

My complaint is about fairness. The mixture of an insane chart (which is fine in and of itself) with a much more harsh Rock Meter is just a recipe for disaster. And I know their reasoning for this was the ability to get unison bonuses solo now... but that's useless if you can't hit enough notes to get the OD in the first place. Blah, it just looks like the opposite of fun, but if it's fun for you guys then I hope you enjoy.

Edit: Where did I say it was amateur? 0_o I know they probably have a perfectly good reason for every single note they placed down. Doesn't make it any more fun, though.

People are in such a mood to argue around here all the time, it's weird. ): Forgive me if I don't find it very fun or fair. To be honest I was hoping that the Rock Band charts would somehow be more fun than the GH charts, since those remain some of the only charts on GH I really hate to play, and probably the only songs I could justify re-buying with a more fun chart. So yeah, I am disappoint, as are many others. It happens sometimes. Sorry! :p

It's just weird how any negative opinion, even the ones backed by civil reasoning and rational thought, is thought to be just a hater. It'll also be fun to watch the white knights come in here and tell me I shouldn't buy it if I don't like it. Way ahead of you, buddy! Good job reading my post!

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:10 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Finalizer  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
I just don't understand how having to strum only the reds while under OD just to get a pass makes the entire chart fun. There are some parts that are fun, but the super insane parts can still be super insane without making you fail <_< So yes, i'm calling this chart bullshit.

See, it's that line of thinking right there that I'm talking about. Some sections of the chart being beyond my skill level does not invalidate the enjoyability of the rest of the chart, it simply means that I'm going to struggle with those harder parts. Hell, I remember the GH2 days when I was struggling to pass Jordan, but even when I was trying my hardest to best Solo B & C, I never blamed it on the chart - I simply acknowledged that I wasn't good enough to beat it. For me, it's the same thing here - This chart just has a lot of stuff that's out of my skill range. If I want something I can pass consistently, where I can potentially nail the really difficult parts, I'll play a different song. In the case of TtFaF, there are plenty of parts I can hit, but they're mixed in with stuff that I can't, and for me, that's fine.

I can understand simply not liking a chart because you find the difficulty more frustrating than entertaining, I just disagree with calling the charting bullshit for that reason. Call it a pain in the ass or unfun if you like, I just don't like seeing it lumped together with other charts that really do have bullshit charting for inflated difficulty/realism/whatever just because it's harder than expected.

Oh snap son | Finalizer's Custom charts | Attention Internet: Before you use the word "Awesome", consider using this first.
xboxpro57  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question for all of you:

Is solo 3 of Operation Ground and Pound overcharted?

I'm not asking for an opinion. I would like to know whether or not the number of notes in the tapping sections is the same as the number of notes "played" in the song.

If it's overcharted, fuck HMX. But what I'm guessing is the case is, they charted it as accurately as possible. Which is probably most "fair," just not really that fun.

EDIT: As for TTFAF, I really don't have a problem with it. I just see it as a new challenge. Nothing seems too OMG ridiculous. It's more just like, "wow, that looks really fucking tough." OGAP is a completely different story, and is what our discussion should really focus on.

Last edited by xboxpro57 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely in the camp that songs this hard aren't really fun for me, but I'm not going to go blame the charting for that.

The two dragonforce songs DESTROYED me. There's no doubt about it. Can I say I really had fun flailing through the madness? Not really. I mean, I enjoyed the spectacle of it, but the whole "hitting notes" part (or lack thereof) wasn't really enjoyable. But I expected that coming into it. The charts didn't seem to be "bullshit" in any way. They were just too hard for me. Yeah, there were a few questionable authoring decisions here and there, but I think the people who were expecting HMX to hyperchart/poorly chart every hard song ever should be pleasantly surprised by how these turned out.

As for the Peace Day pack, it's pretty cool. Spinning Wheel is mostly horns on the guitar section, and other than one kind of awkward solo it's pretty straightforward. Sounds absolutely awesome on bass though.

Black Magic Woman, as noted, is really disappointing for being unable to include the Gypsy Queen outro, but what there is of the song is pretty fun with some great soloing.

Somebody to Love was my surprise this week. I played it first because I expected a somewhat boring guitar chart and I just wanted to get through it. While I did SRFC it, it was just all over the place with like 3 solos. Nothing hard (it has a couple of decent hopo runs though), but just continuously fun.

Last edited by machetemonkey on Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rickles  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't take the heat, don't play with fire (or flames). If you don't like it, then don't play it.

This is dragonforce people. If it's not ridiculously over challenging then I am not interested... On that note, is there a pro chart for this yet?

Last edited by Rickles on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: SHRickles Wii Friend Code: 240632851717
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29

Jump to: