FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 ~ Standard Keys Paths | On-Disc/DLC/RBN2 [Updated 1/9/19]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggy-Sparks wrote:

thewinnerisgeeg : I remember this to be my path lol

Lol I know. :P

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
davyinatoga  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, no one's mentioned Rainbow in the Dark? I know all the easy ones are easy, but still...

Rainbow In The Dark - 20,575
1(+1) - 5th yellow (NN after solo break)

EXPERT Jack-of-all-trades.
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is updated! Yet again, I'd like to see some DLC paths...Ever heard the song, One Is The Loneliest Number? I guess ZERO is too Anyway, I fixed a path (yes, I can haz pathing skillz ), so see if you can find it :P It'll probably stand out due to the fact that 1. The path was MAINLY for keytar and not keys since notes in a couple sections on keytar are totally different from keys and 2. I have now color coded keytar specific activation notes red to make life easier. Which brings me to my point that if anybody posts/posted a path that's specifically for keytar and not keys due to different kinds of notes (not because you played it on keytar), PLEASE include it in your paths!!! Lastly, I'd like for these songs to get tested out if they haven't already (thanks FingerQuick for testing MANY of them ), so me and all of us know the paths are as close to optimal as they can get and I'll post your scores next to the song name along with a picture of your score (optional).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touch me
1 - RBY
2 - RBY
3 - GRY

I did this with a keytar, but I'm sure there's more points to get with a keyboard. That score got me 1st on XBL.

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm just going to work on finishing up getting paths for the disk songs. As usual for me, these are paths for keys done from the chart, not actual scores that I've gotten. Asterisk means that it's definitely not optimal, but I'm not going to spend a lot of time one these, I just want there to be a good path available for each disk song.

Foolin' - there are a lot of extend sustain whammy at the beginning of this, so I made two separate paths (only first activation is different).

keys: 1 (0) - 3 beats into non-OD Blue sustain (still whammying extended OD sustain though)

OR

keytar: 1 (0) - 1st Yellow sustain

2 (0) - 3rd Yellow sustain
1(+1) - after break, 7th Red

estimate keys / keytar: 48,284 / 44,401

Good Vibrations (Live) - this one only has a few hundred points difference between keys and keytar, so same path.

2 (0) - NN
2(+1) - 1st GY
1 (0) - NN
2(+1) - 2nd Green
2(+1) - 5th Yellow sustain

Estimate keys / keytar: 96,758 / 96,326

Humanoid - about 1k difference between keys/keytar. Same path.

1(+1) - Yellow after RB sustain
1(+1) - 2nd note of next OD phrase
2 (0) - 1st Green

estimate keys/keytar: 68,325 / 67,281

I Got You (I Feel Good) - keys have an OD sustain that keytar doesn't, and keyboardists probably have it easier maxing the BRE. Same path though, keys just has OD last longer

1 (0) - 6th GB
2 (0) - NN
2 (0) - 3rd Green

estimate keys / keytar: 64,032 / 62,808
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is updated! I've noticed that RBN songs now have keys available to play on them, so just a heads up if you want to post any paths here, you're more than welcome Anyway, good job everybody for your contribution and I'd still like to see some testers give a go at these paths to make sure they're correct or I can post your best scores next to the song name along with a picture (optional) since there's still quite a few left without any estimated/top scores Keep the paths comin'!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried bclare's path for humanoid but I ended up giving me like 800 points less so I don't know if it was for keys or keytar or if the estimate is just off. However, I got this path from someone. Idk if it works yet, I've tried it like 5 times but I can't hit the 2nd act even though I'm like |-| this close.

1(+1) - 1st yellow after RB sustain
2(+2) - 12th red (hit overlap AS LATE AS POSSIBLE)

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
bclare  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FingerQuick wrote:
I tried bclare's path for humanoid but I ended up giving me like 800 points less so I don't know if it was for keys or keytar or if the estimate is just off. However, I got this path from someone. Idk if it works yet, I've tried it like 5 times but I can't hit the 2nd act even though I'm like |-| this close.

1(+1) - 1st yellow after RB sustain
2(+2) - 12th red (hit overlap AS LATE AS POSSIBLE)

My path was for keys.

Humanoid Keys base score: 50 141
Humanoid Keytar base score: 49 193

so that's a ~950 point difference. If you were 800 back, you probably hit a squeeze I wasn't counting but otherwise had the path right.

And looking at the chart, it would be an enormous squeeze to get that activation in your path, probably not possible (about 140ms and the timing window is 120ms or possibly less). Otherwise that would be a very good path, yes.
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we get this started up again? I fully updated the paths and even added a creditor leaderboard for friendly-pathing competition Also, there's RBN 2.0 songs officially w/ keys now screaming to be pathed, sooo I expect this thread to be filled with them. Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may go back soon and at least get paths for the rest of the on-disk songs, maybe some DLC. The RBN2.0 songs I won't be touching, since there are no charts out for those.
Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all paths done, but I haven't posted them yet, since it doesn't seem to catch so much interest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggy-Sparks wrote:
I have all paths done, but I haven't posted them yet, since it doesn't seem to catch so much interest.

Well if you'd prefer, when I path all the songs I can just post anything that beats your leaderboard score, and then you can post your own.
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have a really good roundabout path that I've been meaning to test recently. I'll give it a go tonight and see what it nets me.

PATH:
2(+1) - next note
2(+1) - 1st yellow after break
1 - next note
2(+1) - 2nd blue
2(+1) - about 5-10 seconds into the sweeps (i forget)
2 - next note
1 - 5th blue
2(+1) - 6th green

This isn't the EXACT path execution, I estimated some parts but I'll get it fixed soon. This is the general path that I used.

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
Kerfoot32  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
Can we get this started up again? I fully updated the paths and even added a creditor leaderboard for friendly-pathing competition Also, there's RBN 2.0 songs officially w/ keys now screaming to be pathed, sooo I expect this thread to be filled with them. Thanks

What paths did you update?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKerfoot32
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerfoot32 wrote:
xGaberadex wrote:

What paths did you update?
I meant that I checked to see if the paths weren't badly copied, so any mistake I found was fixed, any keytar specific activation notes has the red coloring now on the notation, and I posted the top scores for every single song in the OP if that's any help for our pathists
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: