FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 (8/20/10 - All Songs Confirmed)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 502, 503, 504  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stoked. RB has been needing an update and it'll be interesting to see what they bring for it's third iteration of the series. I'm hoping for motion capture that allows you to play as the singer and guitar player of the band. Then I'll be able to have my Dave Mustaine character actually sing and play his songs lol
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crash13 wrote:
Rock Band Facebook Annoucement

Harmonix is developing Rock Band 3 for worldwide release this holiday season!

Baaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha!

Sorry. Had to get that little bit of cynicism out of the way before anything else. Like I just said on Twitter, I'll look forward to buying it some time around next May - c'mon, this is EA we're talking about, I don't trust those idiots any further than I could spit. The only reason the Beatles game got a simultaneous worldwide release is because it was part of a larger Beatles release campaign that was beyond EA's control. >_>

It's cool an' all, if not at all surprising... but does anyone else sort of feel like anything on-disc at this point will just seem like a glorified track pack? Maybe the addition of vocal harmonies, which will be nice (though potentially annoying if they tie achievements to it like they did with Beatles), but I can't see how else they can really innovate at this point - anything else they change will feel a bit like messing with perfection.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?

Last edited by thecaptainof on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
kelseyb14  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright =] great announcements from harmonix today!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
crash13 wrote:

Wow, I missed that part. To add to the cynicism, the game could be released in November in America and December for everywhere else and that would still be a worldwide holiday season release technically (then again, a month delay is acceptable in my books). Still, since they pulled it off with Beatles I'm going to be optimistic and say they're doing it here.

As far as innovation, short of adding a new instrument (I want my keyboard) it is really hard to think of anything new (or something GH hasn't done).
MetalManiac3021  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome news to say the least, I can't wait until the setlist is revealed.

Now I'm praying for a much larger timing window and no strum limit!!

gdubs  

Quote:
As far as innovation, short of adding a new instrument (I want my keyboard) it is really hard to think of anything new (or something GH hasn't done).

If it was something you could easily think of, it wouldn't be innovative, would it?
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gdubs wrote:
Quote:

If it was something you could easily think of, it wouldn't be innovative, would it?

Yes, it would. If it hasn't been done, it's innovative. That's the entire definition, it's got nothing to do with how likely that someone would think of it. Keyboard, vocal harmonies (still innovative as far as the main series goes)... I really don't think there's much else. Maracas? Ehh.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Mithin  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedrohero wrote:
Now I'm praying for a much larger timing window and no strum limit!!

If they touch the timing window I will be massively disappointed. Guitar Hero feels like such a sloppy engine and Rock Band feels so refined. I stand by my opinion that the problem lies in calibration, not the timing window.

The strum limit issue (which tbh I don't really understand) would be a nice fix.

Last edited by Mithin on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
MasterAce  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's plenty of features they could add that wouldn't detract from the experience. I've seen them requested in the Wishlist thread multiple times.

-Better stat tracking (More Stats after every song, looking up how many Stars you got after completing the song)

-Adjustable Breakneck Speed

-Cut out that stupid feature in local BQP where the fretboard slows down to the lowest difficulty

-Vocal Harmonies

-A good Vocals Practice mode

-Be able to log in as any instrument + vocals at the same time so you can do voxdrum/voxguitar, etc. And represent that as one character on the screen playing an instrument and singing.

-Make the "Random Setlists" actually random instead of picking the same few songs over and over

-No freestyle fills, make it like TBRB

-Count bass as a separate instrument so the tiering wouldn't be screwed up

-More options on the Pause menu (changing lag and sound settings, maybe Breakneck speed)

-Fix the whole "No Part" thing so you don't have to kick someone out of the band to play

None of those would ruin the game.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Perfidious Sinn Wii Friend Code: 7718621967747715
killzonedout  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterAce wrote:
There's plenty of features they could add that wouldn't detract from the experience. I've seen them requested in the Wishlist thread multiple times.

-Better stat tracking (More Stats after every song, looking up how many Stars you got after completing the song)

-Cut out that stupid feature in local BQP where the fretboard slows down to the lowest difficulty

-Vocal Harmonies

-Be able to log in as any instrument + vocals at the same time so you can do voxdrum/voxguitar, etc. And represent that as one character on the screen playing an instrument and singing.

-Make the "Random Setlists" actually random instead of picking the same few songs over and over

-No freestyle fills, make it like TBRB

-Count bass as a separate instrument so the tiering wouldn't be screwed up

-More options on the Pause menu (changing lag and sound settings, maybe Breakneck speed)

-Fix the whole "No Part" thing so you don't have to kick someone out of the band to play

None of those would ruin the game.

You took the words out of my mouth. These would all be welcomed additions.
CHawk  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterAce wrote:

These 2 will most likely happen, due to TB:RB doing these as well.

I'm very excited to see this! Should be interesting to see what new features come to RB3.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:
crash13 wrote:

Wow, I missed that part. To add to the cynicism, the game could be released in November in America and December for everywhere else and that would still be a worldwide holiday season release technically (then again, a month delay is acceptable in my books).

To also keep a holiday feel, the 360 version will be available for Hallowe'en and every other console for Christmas.
Mithin  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterAce wrote:

Don't count on it. It's been apparent in many interviews that the design team has tested this and only leads to "people throwing up" and they don't want to make game that make people throw up :P

Plus, personally (I'm a huge advocate of BNS) but I like that the fret boards scroll at the same speeds. Adds a more pleasant feel to the game and makes it less sporadic. The last thing I want HMX to do is turn RB into GH.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
crash13 wrote:

Sorry. Had to get that little bit of cynicism out of the way before anything else. Like I just said on Twitter, I'll look forward to buying it some time around next May - c'mon, this is EA we're talking about, I don't trust those idiots any further than I could spit. The only reason the Beatles game got a simultaneous worldwide release is because it was part of a larger Beatles release campaign that was beyond EA's control. >_>

Well, didn't EA back out of owning future distribution rights for Rock Band?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 502, 503, 504  Next
Page 3 of 504

Jump to: