FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MN's accs- 47 new random-ass FCs (35 SR) and Blitz stuff, FGGS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 68, 69, 70  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see why you'd have problems there, though. It's very hard to play riffs that you're used to playing with green or red as the main (the main riff) then switching it up to play it inverted (the part we're talking about).
At least the section (or the notes themselves) aren't too fast, or we'd almost have to whip out Cliffs of Dover for it.

However, I do think that Cliffs of Dover would help somewhat, especially Solo D (Though Intro B works too). Don't play it at full speed, and focus on fretting correctly. That would help with the fretting somewhat.

Can't help much anywhere else, though. Good luck!

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for crappy update, go to my band's page instead! xD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's it going on Panic Attack?

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
s2kmatt  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a break is what you need to get Panic Attack. That's what I did, and I finally managed to get my 5* on Caprici. You'll come back to it, and it'll just click.

Already posted in your band's thread, but you guys will do awesome! And I think I would feel the same about getting in with Team EpicFail lol, congrats on that!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not going at all -_- I tried Cliffs and I was kinda able to do that, but once I got back to Post Chorus 2 I just couldn't do it. I think its more of locating the strumming, PLUS evil O-G fret changes and stuff... I think I just need to give up on it and come back when I'm better at this game :P

And thanks again Matt!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJ on getting into EpicFail! also GL on Hangar 18 bass, I choked on my SR lol -1 youll get it tho, just a matter of time

MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fury, yeah I had a very similar sightread, I think I FCd up to Guitar Solo 7 and though I was gonna get the SRFC, but since then I don't think I've even gotten to solo 5 -_- Also, question for everyone- do you think for improving on one song, it's best to take a break from JUST that song, or from RB/GH alltogether? I think I've seen evidence proving both points. Anyone with opinions on this post!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for all Metallica songs bass FC! Yay!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck you...even though my sig might make you think I have some formidable FCs, I can't get Blackened to save my life.

Speaking of Metallica, I was just playing GH Metallica earlier today.

And as for your question regarding taking breaks, I don't know. If you mean from GH/RB all together, I wouldn't suggest it. I was thinking of doing the same before I FC'd Panic Attack, but two people suggested against it, one thinking it would make me forget how to do it well. Another person took a long break and then came back pretty good. I always wonder if taking a break will help me, but I can never really decide.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on Metallica! None of those songs are easy. That's sort of a long-term goal of mine, I'm still wildly inconsistent with the main riff on Blackened
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaos- Wow, I'm shocked I got a bass FC you don't have 0_0 I would trade ya Blackened for Panic Attack any day though
And thanks for the pointers. I probably couldn't take a break from GH/RB if I tried xD

bclare- Thanks! The Blackened riff just takes concentration and keeping track of your downs and ups.

hint to both of you- when the riff starts out , particularly the first time it comes in, and the first time it comes back after the guitar solo, strum it DDUD. It really helped me having the Bs on downstrums. Hope it helps!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
bclare- Thanks! The Blackened riff just takes concentration and keeping track of your downs and ups.

hint to both of you- when the riff starts out , particularly the first time it comes in, and the first time it comes back after the guitar solo, strum it DDUD. It really helped me having the Bs on downstrums. Hope it helps!

Ugh, honestly I don't altstrum things unless they're fast and stay on each fret for at least like 2 notes. So basically, I would do that as DDDD
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
MasterNobody wrote:

Ugh, honestly I don't altstrum things unless they're fast and stay on each fret for at least like 2 notes. So basically, I would do that as DDDD

Lol, I used to play like that and I found it really hurt me on songs with tougher altstrumming, a la Visions, etc. You should learn to alt! It's pretty easy to learn, just basically altstrum any constant pattern no matter how slow it is, and in no time you'll be able to alt stuff at high speeds like parts of HSF.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got bored and looked at your scores after looking at your thread through lefty's thread (uhh...)

you might want to check out this site (if you haven't already):
http://www.apathtoofar.com/~optimization/index.rb2.guitar.expert.html

it'll make your life easier, and getting gs on souls of black won't be that hard at all

BigFatBob wrote:
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN, SUPERMAN, THOUGH. I ain't never seen a nigga puttin' a song on his back like that before, though!
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaftedofadown wrote:
i got bored and looked at your scores after looking at your thread through lefty's thread (uhh...)

you might want to check out this site (if you haven't already):
http://www.apathtoofar.com/~optimization/index.rb2.guitar.expert.html

it'll make your life easier, and getting gs on souls of black won't be that hard at all

Thanks for the tip, but I already do use that site for all paths when I'm going for scores. In Souls of Black the optimal path isn't optimal for me, because that path goes almost exclusively during the choruses, which is the only part I miss in that song outside of the end of the solo. If you by chance have any tips on how to hit the chorus or how to path around it and still GS that would be much appreciated :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 3 of 70

Jump to: