FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 (8/20/10 - All Songs Confirmed)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 502, 503, 504  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sixen  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Se7en082 wrote:
Who didn't see this coming? It would have been nice to have a song or two to go with the announcement.

It sounds like Viacom CEO & President Philippe Dauman took it onto himself to announce it, and from reading various HMX tweets it sounds like they didn't know he was going to do that. If HMX themselves announced it (or EA) I'm sure there would be some songs announced as well.

Definitely looks for news at PAX East and E3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
MarsPhoenix  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredvonKarma wrote:
davidshek wrote:
There's no reason for them to have to use the RB2 manual code. Just patch in the Export function like they did with RB1.
Why on earth would you spend the time building a patch for exporting, when you could simply have something built into the RB3 disc where you enter the manual code and get a download (a la GH5)?

Because not everyone keeps their instruction manuals, especially when said code was already used to download 20 songs. I still have my manual, but I imagine the average person might have lost it by now since the code was used for what it says it was for on the back.
AbXtreme  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'm expecting at E3 2010 are only two things:

Full Setlist & US/EU same release date (ON ALL PLATFORMS)
[http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=539942#539942/]
^ BRING THE DRUM & BASS TO ROCK BAND! ^
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Andoryuu X PSN Name: CrimsonMastodon
Barfo  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredvonKarma wrote:
davidshek wrote:
There's no reason for them to have to use the RB2 manual code. Just patch in the Export function like they did with RB1.
Why on earth would you spend the time building a patch for exporting, when you could simply have something built into the RB3 disc where you enter the manual code and get a download (a la GH5)?

They charged for LEGO export, they'll charge for RB2, anything else is wishful thinking. Its a fundamentally different animal than a track pack (which is essentially a disc version of buying the DLC and is implemented as such), and every full game from both companies that has exported has had a fee associated with it.

And obviously they wont do it the RB1 way, or else they would have done it codeless for LEGO, etc. Only reason RB1 was done that way was that they lacked the foresight to put a cod ein the RB1 manuals and so they had no way to verify that each export was tied to a unique purchase.

Hopefully, the PR team will get together a more detailed reveal announcement info this, now that its been confirmed by the CEO.
crash13  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock Band Facebook Annoucement

Harmonix is developing Rock Band 3 for worldwide release this holiday season! The game, which will be published by MTV Games and distributed by Electronic Arts, will innovate and revolutionize the music genre once again, just as Harmonix did with the original Rock Band, Rock Band 2 and The Beatles: Rock Band. Stay tuned for more details!

May mean the game will have features from The Beatles: Rock Band. Like harmonies.

[url]http://www.facebook.com/#!/RockBand?ref=nf[/url]

Last edited by crash13 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: crash199313 PSN Name: crash53456
pata70  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only one thing I want out of RB3: separate score and stars tracking per difficulty.
crash13  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Beatles: Rock Band - Rock Band 3 Annoucement

Big news day for the Rock Band family! Lady Gaga DLC coming to Rock Band next week + South Park's version of Poker Face, & ROCK BAND 3 confirmed for Holiday 2010! Become a fan of http://www.facebook.com/RockBand for more information!

[url]http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheBeatlesRockBand?ref=nf[/url]
BengalCP09  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Se7en082 wrote:
Who didn't see this coming? It would have been nice to have a song or two to go with the announcement.

Personally, I have no desire to know a song 8 months before it's coming out. Especially if it's something I really want.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they'll put the RBN in this game, or if it'll be stuck in Rock Band 2.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Perfidious Sinn Wii Friend Code: 7718621967747715
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crash13 wrote:
Rock Band Facebook Annoucement

Harmonix is developing Rock Band 3 for worldwide release this holiday season! The game, which will be published by MTV Games and distributed by Electronic Arts, will innovate and revolutionize the music genre once again, just as Harmonix did with the original Rock Band, Rock Band 2 and The Beatles: Rock Band. Stay tuned for more details!

May mean the game will have features from The Beatles: Rock Band. Like harmonies.

[url]http://www.facebook.com/#!/RockBand?ref=nf[/url]

I'll lol pretty damn hard if Australia get RB3 before RB2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredvonKarma wrote:

Code:
Safe assumptions:
DLC and RBN will be compatible
RB2 will export

For all the fellow leaderboard completionists out there, this is an appropriate time to ask: who's excited about redoing each and every on-disc and DLC song for a score, if that's the way it ends up? Woo hoo! Can you feel it?

Actually, that's safely something I'm not going to be doing. A paralyzing thought. It's definitely just going to be more casual, pick and choose for me once RB3 hits. Best of luck to anyone out there with massive amounts of DLC who will attempt this. I wish scores would transfer, but I highly doubt it (hopefully they fix the calibration glitch, and other things, like ticks, would change.)
diablocon  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterAce wrote:
I wonder if they'll put the RBN in this game, or if it'll be stuck in Rock Band 2.

I'd imagine RBN support in RB3 would be even better than RB2 actually, since they can develop RB3 with the knowledge of RBN, whereas they had to work with RB2's engine when creating RBN.

So to add to Manfred's list, I can imagine Random Setlists actually picking RBN songs in RB3.

Good news, but it's hardly surprising. Hopefully a song or two is announced soon.
fuse  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yus! Finally.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterAce wrote:

I assume they will. It would be a huge loss if they didn't, but it's unlikely.

04/20/08 ~ 1st to get 200 FCs across all games! | I HAS VIDZ ON YOUTUBE
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Loseven
Quakmybush  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quel suprise.

Hopefully some good tunes.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Quakmybush
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 502, 503, 504  Next
Page 2 of 504

Jump to: