FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack - Now Available!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starz007  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now to trek to Walmart to buy this. I hate that f*ing place.

I still don't understand why this couldn't be a DLC pack where you weren't allowed to buy individual songs?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starz007 wrote:

I still don't understand why this couldn't be a DLC pack where you weren't allowed to buy individual songs?

Because it's put out by a band that has refused to put out a greatest hits compilation after some 20-odd albums :P

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
Manchelley  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dammit, wish I'd get a call for a job interview so I could get this piece of awesomeness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Awesome you got the score tracking up this fast- good luck FCing this SH- you can do itttttttt!

One of the songs has My Last Words-esque strumming, so I don't think that will happen
Trogdon  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debating on buying this. Because I have world tour now...
thetrout  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took me four Wal-Marts to actually find the damn thing. Oy.
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jailbreak has a ... little bit of a delay between the vocal sections at the start and the end of the song.
Likewise, Let There Be Rock (Live) has a ... moderately sized Big Rock Ending.

malemanchris  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the charting is very predictable and then the solos are a little rough, even on hard...

But, the thing that kills me is that every song has like a 20 minute Big Rock Ending. It almost ensures that if you can survive the song, you can get a 5 star by gaining 20k in the BRE.

Fun, but I don't know if it is worth $40. I paid half-price buying it from someone who got 230/240 in one night. (we still don't know what the last secret achievement is...)
Armisael  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, let's be honest here with the WTF stuff.

Let There Be Rock has a 90 seconds BRE.

Yes, you read that right. It's longer than Charlene (I'm Right Behind You) or They're Red Hot. Puts the Foreplay/Long Time BRE to shame. Jailbreak also has a lolhueg BRE.

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap has two completely brutal solos, which make CM's look tame.

Fire Your Guns could be considered DDDDC, practice friendly version, as it has a short but really brutal solo, and the song is easy.

Thunderstruck has a TTFAF intro...but harder, if you play RB2, because, and get this, every note that's not a G has to be strummed. So tapping is completely out of the question. I consider this a good thing, as it's like the My Last Words intro, but less boring to play. As a note, it's much slower than TTFAF, thank god.

High Voltage has another really hard solo, mostly because it's a long string of BYRBYRBYRBYR triplets. If you can tap, it's easy, but long.

That's pretty much it. The other songs are fun, but there's nothing particularly noteworthy in them.

PS: One last thing. The pack has what is quite possibly the most awesome achievement ever. It's called Back In Black. If you fail a song, retry it, and score 4* or higher, you get it. Probably the most fitting Achievement name I've ever seen.
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I has a picture of the box please?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nirvana and AC/DC this is just too good for me...

Thank you

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: straty1899
CoffeeBeans  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40 dollars for 18 songs and only in 2 stores...? What the hell were they thinking I don't understand this at all...
PhatTrumpet  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit. I was hoping to get ahead of my classwork for this week. Doubt that'll happen now.
CoffeeBeans wrote:
40 dollars for 18 songs and only in 2 stores...? What the hell were they thinking I don't understand this at all...

If enough people feel like you do and decide not to buy it, then the price will eventually come down.
Bass:      9,226,503 [58 GS, 57 FC]  13,319,824 [83 GS, 83 FC]  22,546,327 [141GS, 140FC]
Drums:    11,105,579 [57 GS, 37 FC]  15,512,780 [76 GS, 36 FC]  26,618,359 [133GS, 73 FC]
Vocals:   11,525,519 [58 GS, 58 FC]  17,302,340 [84 GS, 84 FC]  28,827,859 [142GS, 142FC]
All-Inst: 42,269,027 [231GS, 206FC]  61,262,972 [326GS, 271FC] 103,531,999 [557GS, 477FC]
Rock Band Accomplishments Thread | Guitar Hero Accomplishments Thread
Starz007  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
Starz007 wrote:

Because it's put out by a band that has refused to put out a greatest hits compilation after some 20-odd albums :P

Yea, I know they keep tight control over their content, but really it would be releasing the same exact thing without packaging, and it would be easier for the consumer. I went to Walmart to buy it and they didn't have it. What now???

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Riff Raff. I'm dissapointed, that'd be the best GH song ever, bar none.

Oh well still an awesome pack. Makes me contemplate buying RB1 when it finally decides to release here in Aus.

EDIT: Wait, this is a standalone game? Dammit. We'll probably never see it here. You stole our Aussie music, you yank bastards! ._.

In the Canberra area? PM me and we'll try and organise a get-together for a few games.

My Youtube Channel. - Random gameplay videos of all sorts, including some RB2 and GH3 customs, and some other random Jazz.

PotatoHandle: Getting things done quickly, no matter how long it takes.

Last edited by PotatoHandle on Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: