FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MN's accs- 47 new random-ass FCs (35 SR) and Blitz stuff, FGGS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 68, 69, 70  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
Tyler- Hah. Chop Suey drums might happen though, I've been working on finishing that OMB for awhile. But I haven't so much as picked up my drums in about a month and a half. :P
That's an FC even I have, slacker!

Don't be gone too long without updating!
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
BobDole  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job reaching 2000 FCs with something cool; B.Y.O.B. is a very nice guitar FC. This Calling ain't too shabby either.

MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megals- Thanks! You need to do more FC-whoring and less actually cool stuff lol

Thanks for the compliment on This Calling, it was more of me feeling like I should have FCed it awhile ago than anything. Gallops are one of my best strengths, and the solo has been within my reach for awhile, but I was certainly happy to finally knock it out. Now I should get to Chiron, which I -1'd like, 3 years ago, and still haven't gotten back to >_<

Shado- Haha, oops. Month and a half a little too long for you? =P

Dole- Thanks man, it means a lot coming from you. Numerical milestones are always a nice excuse to go for a tough FC, I was very pleased with this one. Honestly I doubt I'll get anything that impressive again, lol

Soooooo, hi. I had a big formal update typed up about two weeks ago, maybe longer, I don't really remember. But, long story short, I lost the update and all the data/FC lists along with it, so I can't list all my new FCs like I usually do. I'm just going to do a quick, informal update so you guys know what I've been up to.

I called in sick to work one day a couple weeks ago (yes I actually was sick) and burned through RB3 bass, finally putting in real work towards that FGFC after casually chipping away at it for nearly two years, lol. Last update with RB3 bass was Viva La Resistance which was FC 53, I got seven FCs on 8/11 to get to 60, then cranked it out on the 26th and 27th to pick up FCs 61-82, including about half of the hard songs.

Crazy Train was 73, it gave me far more trouble that it should have. I choked on the odd little fill after the solo strumming two or three times.

No One Knows was number 77, I strummed nearly all of the end-of-solo weird lick in true MN fashion.

Oh My God, very tricky and very underrated, was number 78. It has several BOO strum-hammer-strum or similar patterns (see also: The Static Age), which are pretty much the bane of my existence.

79 was the always-epic Roundabout, which I had the pleasure of seeing live last month. This FC actually came relatively easily, with no post-strumming chokes. Very happy with that.

In The Meantime came in as my 80th FC. The "triplet" strumming near the end isn't really triplets and is majorly offbeat, which confused me a bit. I remember I found some bullshit way to count it with gallops or something like that which ended up working for me. Again, chalk this one up to some #MNswag =P

Daunting to some, but fortunately not too bad for me, The Killing Moon came in as my 81st FC. I can't thank PuppetMaster enough for his instructional video on the strumming in this song, and I'm sure many people feel the same way. I would have been entirely lost on that section without it. Using that, I went from my sightread (never bothered playing it until I knew I wanted to go for the FC) to getting the FC in well under an hour.

Free Bird was last and only took three tries, a massive relief. My first run was a choke, my second was a -1, and I nailed it on the third run.

Unfortunately, I hit a massive roadblock with Jerry. I did manage to -1 it a couple times, including one painful 967NS choke, but that was really just a miracle run. The chords just don't agree with me, I've tried multiple methods and can't hit anything with too much consistency. It seems whenever I'm doing well on the verse patterns I can't hit the chorus patterns, and vice-versa. I was very determined to finish the FGFC and put a solid 8ish hours into it throughout that last week of August, but it wasn't to be. I don't think I've played it once in the last couple weeks because that failed grind session was so disheartening. I'll get back to it eventually, but right now I just don't want to dwell on it.

I was able to pick some low hanging fruit with a RBB vox FGFC, piece of cake really. 20 SRFCs including some of the hardest songs in the game. Always, Bang Your Head, and Death on Two Legs too two tries, We Are Young took three, and the freaking Fall Out Boy song took the longest at four tries, pssh. Ended with Death on Two Legs because it's freakin' Queen, duh. Added a nice old-school "FGFC completed" picture for you guys, and yes it is my 15th FGFC and not my 6th, lol:

Other than that, I've really just had a few miscellaneous FCs here and there, none too significant that I can think of off the top of my head really. All that RB3 bass and RBB vox work did help my overall FC count though, and I'm up to 1,825 Rock Band X FCs. I'm at 534 bass FCs now, and for the moment at least I've leapfrogged FurySH, DeftRock, and themoron and reached the top 10 for bass FCs on SteadySphere's overall FCs leaderboard. One more guitar FC will tie me with my good buddy Fury for 13th on the guitar list.

Last but not least, I've been playing the living shit out of Blitz, it's so much more fun that I had originally thought it would be. It's such a unique way to experience music, even with the competitive aspects aside. Blitz has forced me to re-consider purchasing many songs that I otherwise wouldn't have due to my "I can just play this on GH" clause. This goes for songs that I like but felt I wouldn't enjoy in regular RB gameplay, namely lolhard songs like Death Quota and Treachery. Who ever thought a bright, flashy, almost 80s-looking game would make intensely technical death metal songs so much fun??

I haven't accomplished anything too too interesting on Blitz, but I did pick up the full game 5* after some struggles with Shout. Going for the FGGS is still quite daunting at this point, but I'll likely chip away at it slowly. Six on-disc GS so far.

I'm holding first place on two songs at the moment, Song of the Century (all luck based on when the pinball shows up, lol), and Scream Ceremony, a relatively obscure RBN song. I'm 5-3 so far on Score Wars, which I've found to be a very enjoyable addition to the game. I beat The-B.O.D. on Rob the Prez-O-Dent... if you know Nick you know how much of an accomplishment that is.

Damn, well I have quite the habit of getting carried away when I decide to post a "quick little update" in my thread. Great way to waste a solid hour and a half at work without customers, anyway. Yay.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work TJ, and blitz is really god damn addicting, and it is incredibly fun as well.

Hopefully Jerry works out for you, that song is annoying as hell to play on bass, and I'm envious that you srfced bang your head and kids in the street on vox. It took me like 10 runs to realize that last phrase is exactly the same as the others on BYH, and Kids in the street was just tricky for me lol..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
I'm holding first place on two songs at the moment, Song of the Century (all luck based on when the pinball shows up, lol)
Won't be first for long Anywayz, nice job with everything else...Good luck FGGSing RBB as well, SHOUT, SHOUT, LET IT ALL OUT!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on the 82/83 Bass FC's. Killing Moon is easily one of the most annoying charts I've ever played. Jerry was a very annoying grind too, so I hope you manage to get it

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrMilksop94
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Crazy Train is tough on bass, and so are a lot of the other songs you listed. I choked about 7-8 times in Jerry's outro before I FCed it, and it really just takes a lucky run. I really just played it so much that I got better at it, but it'll come and you'll get #16. Good luck!

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job on your recent accomplishment and keep impressing everyone
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the congrats and support guys. We all have our nasty chokes every now and then I guess.

AmuriShayneh- Thanks, yeah Blitz is way too fun lol. I was pretty pleased with my SRFC of Bang Your Head also, all those slides make it pretty tricky. Kids in the Street ain't hard though, lol, we all have those songs that we just inexplicably have our heads up our asses on. You know Bang, the RBN Rockapella song? Most people say it's not that hard (albeit fun), it took me over four hours to FC on vox. =P

Gabe- Haha I wouldn't be so sure about that, it's been there for awhile. Thanks for the well wishes with Blitz... I'm going to need a hell of a lot of luck to get anywhere with Shout.

Zman- Thanks a lot buddy, like I said I was very lucky to have the help of Pup's video. It seems like Jerry was really a grind for everyone, if you had to grind for it especially than I should expect to need to do more work on it. I almost feel like I over-grinded and got burnt out those two days, and would have been better suited to play it like an hour a day for awhile instead of trying to do all the grinding at once.

malky- 7-8 times?? Daaaamn, that's rough. I guess I just need to grind some more, but I hurt my wrist/forearm in my tennis league last week so I'm going easy on guitar/bass for now, especially with a song like Jerry that actually hurts to play more than a couple times.

pizzza- Thank you Keep being awesome and FCing Beatles songs!

Rich- Ahaha, what are you jealous of this time? I'm pretty certain you've FCed everything I have in this update lol =P

I'm pretty sure x-plat score wars do work d00d. I'm PMing you my facebook info.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering when you are going to make more rockband videos cuz why..... I miss them so much
sycocoaster  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is some legit stuff you got going. I'm sure you'll get Jerry. I gave up on RB3 bass long ago because of Killing Moon, so props for getting that without too much difficulty. I love that FOB was the song that gave you trouble on Blitz vox; the fact that you had little to no trouble with Death On Two Legs and Bang Your Head is just great. DOTL was my last vox FC as well, but it took me 5 or 6 tries to get it. Great stuff. So word on the street is that there's this group that has a FSPHFC, but there's been a recent addition to that FS. How soon can we expect that? I'm giddy with anticipation!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pizzzafriend- Aww, haha, we miss making them. The three of us have been really busy lately but we have more free time now, and actually got some footage when we got together last week. Expect another video of some sort pretty soon.

sycofriend- Dude, have you tried studying PuppetMaster's video that I mentioned? I usually am horrible at odd, off-tempo stuff like that bridge; but I was able to get down the strumming speed and the general pattern really just by practicing a little and watching that vid repeatedly. Give it maybe just like half an hour in practice mode, you might well be surprised how much progress you can make on a section that looks totally incomprehensible at first.

Anyway, thanks much for the compliments man, Blitz vox isn't quite a pushover (see: Green Day), but I was very lucky to be totally dialed in to be able to knock it down so quickly. Being familiar with the RB3 engine for nearly two years certainly helped as well.
Regarding harmonies...it's in the works. That's all you really need to know.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya.

Guitar FCs- 5 total, 3 SR

Down (blink-182) SR
Stay Together for the Kids
The Rock Show SR
Mr. Grieves SR
Police Truck

Bass FCs- 15 total, 10 SR

No Sleep Till Brooklyn SR
Pick Up the Pieces SR
Riddle Me This SR
How Your Remind Me SR
Bulls on Parade SR
Unbelievable
Give It Up! Give It Up! SR
Beer, Metal, Trolls, and Vomit! SR
I'm Shipping Up to Boston
Children of Brodom
Writing on the Walls SR
Disposable Teens SR
Surfing with the Alien SR
Aerials
Hypnotize

Vocals FCs*- All SRFCs except where noted; 27 total, 25 SR
Among the Living
Indians
Symphony of Destruction
California
Death Quota for Purification- vox FC 800 for the lulz
Ziltoidia Attaxx!!
The Complexity of Light full EP- all but title track SRFC
10 Signs You Should Leave
Children of Brodom
Beer, Metal, Trolls, and Vomit!
Cody
Duality
Hey There Mr. Brooks (RB3 Version)
Sticks & Bricks
Inheritors
Martyr to Science
A Plot to Bomb the Panhandle
Crackity Jones
Debaser
Mr. Grieves
Here Comes Your Man- not SR
Hey

TOTAL: 47 new FCs, 35 SR

Cleanup update, cool. The ones I highlighted are the only even remotely difficult songs in this update, piss easy stuff for the most part. The majority of these were picked up about a week ago and I'm just getting around to updating now. I'm at 426 guitar FCs now which is a big number for me, as I've passed my good friend FurySH for the first time on record, he's been stuck on 422 officially since he became inactive awhile ago. 500 is the next step for guitar, that's gotta be a ways away.

Approaching some milestones on bass, but they'll have to wait for the next update I suppose? I tried BYOB but got frustrated way too quickly, I'll be giving that one a go again soon for sure. No progress on Jerry whatsoever.

Vox is really just a numbers game right now, but at some point I'll have to sit down and tackle some bullshit mischarted RBN songs I've picked up, namely Fat Kid and Z0MB1ES. The thought of grinding thorough completely broken gameplay like that is really not appealing to me at all, otherwise I would have done them already. I'll get to them eventually, but I still have a ton more songs to get to first.

Now for a Blitz update, I'll see how this format works for you guys. I feel it's not very easy to represent Blitz progress, like it is with FC counts.

My biggest accomplishment would have to be the FGGS, but it's not like everyone and their mother hasn't done that yet. Shout took all of three tries after I started seriously going for it. Also obtained all achievements in the process, the only one that required any input other than normal gameplay was the decade one, which required my to buy a 50s song, which ended up being Cry, Cry, Cry, as it's the oldest song in RB as listed in-game; cool piece of trivia to own. I also picked up all Avenged Sevenfold GS, all Attack Attack GS, and all Alice Cooper GS. Really going strong with the "A" bands... I've got a nice FAGS (gotta love that acronym) of Dookie, and all but Homecoming on American Idiot in pursuit of a Green Day FGGS, but I'll likely do something else first due to the difficulty of Homecoming. Going for the FSGS like Mr. D. Rock, Esq. But it'll be a long-term thing, I like to take things like that more slowly.

What else... I got my first all-instruments-100% on Poison by Alice Cooper, but I misused my powerups so badly that I didn't even GS the song. First FC and first 100% with GS was F.O.D., I grinded the hell out of that song for a good score and ended up 1st at the time by 12K, but I've since been knocked down to 3rd.
Here's a list of my first places-

Still Hold:

Song of the Century- first by 440 points, held since 9/1
Epic Symphony: Part III (2x Pedal)- by 18K, out of 33 scores lol :P
Ziltoidia Attaxx!! (2x Pedal)- out of 11 scores @_@ Song is hard as balls, though
Hot Stuff- again out of 33 scores

Held at one point:

Scream Ceremony- first to 300K, held for about one month, currently 2nd
Blood and Thunder- held for a couple weeks
Letterbomb- held for two days
We Are the Nightmare- held 9/29 until this week, currently 2nd
ZTO- held for about a week, now 2nd
F.O.D.- held for a day or two, now 3rd

Other notable scores:

Extraordinary Girl- SR 4th place
Give Me Novacaine/She's a Rebel- SR 4th place
Boulevard of Broken Dreams- SR 7th place out of 2,000+
Longview- 5th place when obtained, now 12th

Gimmie Shelter- 22nd place out of 4,000+
Colony of Birchmen- 18th place out of 2,200+

Stick Stickly- held 2nd place, now 5th of ~600
Z0MB1ES- held 2nd place, now 5th
Anything- SR 3rd place at time, now 7th

Afterlife- 3rd place at time, now 7th out of 5,100+
Poison (Alice Cooper)- held 2nd place, now 4th of ~2,000
Piece of My Heart- 2nd/666
D.O.A. (The Haunted)- 5th/811
Cry, Cry, Cry- 4th/645
Ziggy Stardust- SR 7th/1,000+

Shout- 53rd, top .2%
Kids in the Street- 72nd, top .3%
Give It Away- 73rd, top .3%
These Days- 100th, top .06% (since it's the first song lol)

372 songs played and 247 GS, so far; 123.6M career score.

My firsts were mostly the product of songs that very few people have, or dumb fucking luck as in the case of Song of the Century. Anyway, Blitz is fun as hell and I've been playing far more of that than regular RB lately. Hope that update format for Blitz worked for you guys, I pretty much just read off stats from Facebook and posted what I thought was relevant. Gimme some feedback on that so I know what works and what's presentable, etc.

As always, thanks for the support guys, I'll be seeing you all (and already have seen a good few) atop the Blitz leaderboards!

Last edited by MasterNobody on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:01 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Master Nobody
expertwin  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should go for Jerry. You need that FGFC!
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 69 of 70

Jump to: