FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
N00b to Mastery: Bass Asphyx1ated Wins with 80 5 Stars
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: N00b to Mastery: Bass Asphyx1ated Wins with 80 5 Stars Reply with quote

Code:

cweaver        doobers     Asphyx1ated       
Songs Passed:   55             33          81
Career score:   6,119,585      4,589,436   10,518,560
5's:            46             33          80
Golds:          16             18          37
FC's:           14             14          35

Congrats to Asphyx1ated. He won with 80 5 stars. Awesome job! Doobers and I learned we should stick to drums

Last edited by cweaver8518 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:31 am; edited 10 times in total
thesunfan  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I support this, but probably can not join if it is bass, as I have 82/84 bass fcs. Guitar I'm at like 40, but thats probably to high to join this anyway, but nice job expanding the drum rivalry into this, me and Kawigi talked about doing this, only not really vocals because he's FGFCed... but this is a good idea
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesunfan wrote:
I support this, but probably can not join if it is bass, as I have 82/84 bass fcs. Guitar I'm at like 40, but thats probably to high to join this anyway, but nice job expanding the drum rivalry into this, me and Kawigi talked about doing this, only not really vocals because he's FGFCed... but this is a good idea

I think the point of this would be to start at a level of skill closer to where we were when we started the drum rivalry - able to pass just about anything outside of the last tier, able to 5 most, and persuing the goal of reaching that next level where you can pass everything, 5 star almost anything and gold-star most. I get the feeling that there are fewer people around here who aren't good at guitar than there are who aren't good at drums, but hopefully someone who really is just starting to learn to play well on Expert will find this thread :-)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
doobers  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to join this. As long as it isn't drums. I can pass all of the songs. But i'm terrible at keeping a combo on the guitar. So that probobly makes us even.

<-------NEWEST
I am a 'Debbie Downer.'
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just drop me a PM when you get up to 70 or so FCs on guitar. Might not be a bad idea for me to race to FC songs with others.

As for Bass, I suppose you could sign me up, but I'd probably tear through that far too easily to stay on here for any reasonable amount of time. Just wouldn't be as fun if someone raced through it like nothing and left the rest in the dust.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry doobers, I had given up on this idea until just now when I came to check it. If you can pass all songs then you're slightly ahead of me, but probably as close as I'll get to someone who frequents SH forums in skill level.

So all that remains is picking out and sorting the rivalry.

Bass or Guitar? How many golds or 5's or FCs to win? I'm inclined to bass, but that's cause I'm a drummer. If we do bass though, I doubt anything much less than FG 5 stars would be a challenge. And at the very least we should make it 50 FCs. I'm open to suggestions.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys do guitar, I would personally recommend something like this..

Either...
-63/84 gold stars (75% of the game)
-84/84 5-stars
-51/84 FCs (60% of the game)

If you do bass, I would recommend along these lines:

Either...
-78/84 gold stars (missing half a tier worth)
-84/84 5-stars
-72/84 FCs (missing one tier worth)

----

If I myself were setting the rivalry, I'd do it for guitar, AND make both the gold-stars and 5-stars goals the prerequisite for winning. You'll boost your plastic axe skills a good deal more than if you did bass, and 5-starring Visions guitar is probably a lot less torturous than 5-starring bass. Oh, and the rivalry would take longer in general too.

Kawigi  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedSharkGuy wrote:
If you guys do guitar, I would personally recommend something like this..

Either...
-63/84 gold stars (75% of the game)
-84/84 5-stars
-51/84 FCs (60% of the game)

If you do bass, I would recommend along these lines:

Either...
-78/84 gold stars (missing half a tier worth)
-84/84 5-stars
-72/84 FCs (missing one tier worth)

----

If I myself were setting the rivalry, I'd do it for guitar, AND make both the gold-stars and 5-stars goals the prerequisite for winning. You'll boost your plastic axe skills a good deal more than if you did bass, and 5-starring Visions guitar is probably a lot less torturous than 5-starring bass. Oh, and the rivalry would take longer in general too.

Is Visions really easier to 5-star on bass than on guitar? That wasn't my impression.

I think those goals are probably a bit on the aggressive side - The gold number is a maybe, but 5-starring those last couple songs is pretty hard. I've been primarily playing guitar in Rock Band since a few months after RB1 came out, and I have higher-than-average dexterity (e.g. 10 years of piano lessons), and I still just have 83 5's (within 2000 of 5 stars on Visions once), 74 golds and 45 FCs. I think if I were to come up with goals comparable to what we had with the drum rivalry, it'd probably be more like 80 5's/60 golds/15-20 FCs (or maybe don't worry about FCs) - basically about the same numbers :-)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
doobers  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to pick between the two I'd probobly go with bass. FG5* is a good idea. That and 50 GS as an alternative.

<-------NEWEST
I am a 'Debbie Downer.'
RedSharkGuy  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure which of Visions bass and guitar would be easier to 5-star because I haven't 5-starred either of them, lol.

Admittedly though, I have 4-starred the bass but only 3-starred guitar. Same story with Thrasher.

FG5* might be a bit aggressive looking back at it, but 80/84 may be pretty decent. That gives room to not have to grind songs like Visions, Chop Suey, Master Exploder, and whatever else anyone might not be great at 5-starring.

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, for Visions, how easy it is to FC them depends on how good you are outside of the Bridge, because they're more or less the same other than there.

Anyways, PM me when all get better (that's not meant to be demeaning) and start having higher FC requirements.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
well, for Visions, how easy it is to FC them depends on how good you are outside of the Bridge, because they're more or less the same other than there.

Anyways, PM me when all get better (that's not meant to be demeaning) and start having higher FC requirements.

See, also not meaning to be demeaning, but this rivalry isn't for you. There are loads of rivalries on here for people who can FC most of the game already, there aren't very many like this one that are meant to help players who may or may not have never gotten an FC on guitar. I really think you're barking up the wrong tree. And no one else was talking about FCing Visions on anything :-)
doobers  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

80/84 5* is a good number. So hopefully we could get this started soon.

<-------NEWEST
I am a 'Debbie Downer.'
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
voidedalive2x wrote:

See, also not meaning to be demeaning, but this rivalry isn't for you. There are loads of rivalries on here for people who can FC most of the game already, there aren't very many like this one that are meant to help players who may or may not have never gotten an FC on guitar. I really think you're barking up the wrong tree. And no one else was talking about FCing Visions on anything :-)

Well, I'm assuming that this rivalry won't just stop at one point, and will start increasing the goals once enough people meet the previous goals, hence why I'm asking to be PMed once more people are at ~75 FCs. If that's not the case, then I'll just pop in every once in a while.

And of course they won't. But I need to change that out now that I've replayed the Bass chart. Bass is much easier to 5*/GS than Guitar.

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
voidedalive2x wrote:

Well, I'm assuming that this rivalry won't just stop at one point, and will start increasing the goals once enough people meet the previous goals, hence why I'm asking to be PMed once more people are at ~75 FCs. If that's not the case, then I'll just pop in every once in a while.

And of course they weren't. But I need to change what I said now that I've replayed the Bass chart. Bass is much easier to 5*/GS than Guitar, since it doesn't have the annoyingly fast fretting before the outro.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: