FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 4 Vocal Paths (On Disc, DLC, All Others)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 207, 208, 209  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elcanadiano wrote:
In theory, the 4/sk2-ESF skips two full phrases. billtvshow notated something like this in Centuries (RB4 on-disc) as 3/s2s-ESF. Can we make this an official notation? This would make it 4/sk2-s2s-ESF. This I think is more descriptive.
What does the s2s indicate? Is it like in Suspicious Minds where you're skipping two windows in one phrase instead of one? If so, that would be written as ES2F. I remember discussing this when End Squeezes were invented, but it didnt come up often and wasnt put in the key (yet).
Billtvshow  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually don't personally note it as s2s anymore, I usually note it as 4/2p-ESF.
But anyways, to explain:

Let's say the path is noted 4/ESF and contains no phrase notation. In this scenario, you would fill up your OD and then skip singing the start of the next phrase, only to realize (often too late), that the phrase doesn't actually contain a mid phrase window.

With 4/2p-ESF, it let's you know, once you fill up your OD, you can confidently sing the next two phrases and know that the third phrase after filling up OD is the one that contains the mid phrase activation window which you would need to end squeeze on.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billtvshow wrote:
I actually don't personally note it as s2s anymore, I usually note it as 4/2p-ESF.
But anyways, to explain:

Let's say the path is noted 4/ESF and contains no phrase notation. In this scenario, you would fill up your OD and then skip singing the start of the next phrase, only to realize (often too late), that the phrase doesn't actually contain a mid phrase window.

With 4/2p-ESF, it let's you know, once you fill up your OD, you can confidently sing the next two phrases and know that the third phrase after filling up OD is the one that contains the mid phrase activation window which you would need to end squeeze on.

Would the notation for the s2s instead be 4/sk2-2p-ESF? That is, collect four, skip two windows of activation, sing two full phrases, then ESF? I actually like the "2p" notation instead of "s2s".

singemfrc wrote:
elcanadiano wrote:
In theory, the 4/sk2-ESF skips two full phrases. billtvshow notated something like this in Centuries (RB4 on-disc) as 3/s2s-ESF. Can we make this an official notation? This would make it 4/sk2-s2s-ESF. This I think is more descriptive.
What does the s2s indicate? Is it like in Suspicious Minds where you're skipping two windows in one phrase instead of one? If so, that would be written as ES2F. I remember discussing this when End Squeezes were invented, but it didnt come up often and wasnt put in the key (yet).

As Bill said, the intent in this case is that there are two full phrases that are meant to be sung before you ESF. If you say 4/sk2-s2s-ESF or 4/sk2-2p-ESF, that is explicitly saying that there are two full phrases to sing before you have to ESF. This way, you don't try to stop singing in the first full phrase and go, "oh shit."

The Suspicious Minds scenario is the ES2F as you mentioned, and I'm fine with notating it as that, but it's a different scenario. There it's that you have to skip two activation windows in a phrase (assuming the first one is between the phrase), then OD, then try to get the last part of the phrase.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: elcanadiano Wii Friend Code: 449615517562
haoestrelalp  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES2F looks more simple and objective
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: haoestrelalp
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different People: 2/sk2-1p-ESF, 2/BOD, 3/ (shakamuda)

Same path but with proposed notation.

My Happy Ending: 3/sk2, 3/ (elcanadiano/haoestrelalp)

This is a stopgap path. haoestrelalp's path gets me 198.5k whereas this one scored 199,676. Still need to figure out how to do 201k.

What The Hell: 2/, 2/DOD-ES2F, 2/BOD, 3/1p-ESF, 2/ (DeathUnveiled)

Same path but with updated/proposed notation. If proposals are rejected, I would at least recommend the path be updated to this. Note that the first BOD (in the 2/) is kind of redundant because the first activation is a BOD. I can verify it's a good path though.

What The Hell: 2/, 2/DOD-sk1-ESF, 2/BOD, 3/ESF, 2/ (DeathUnveiled)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: elcanadiano Wii Friend Code: 449615517562
haoestrelalp  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Don't Want To Miss A Thing: 3/sk1, 2/sk1-ESF, 2/ (haoestrelalp)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: haoestrelalp
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big thanks to scottck97 for doing this for me.

My Happy Ending: 2/, 2/sk1-ESF, 3/ (scottck97)

Scored the 201.6k
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elcanadiano wrote:
Billtvshow wrote:
But anyways, to explain:

Would the notation for the s2s instead be 4/sk2-2p-ESF? That is, collect four, skip two windows of activation, sing two full phrases, then ESF? I actually like the "2p" notation instead of "s2s".

singemfrc wrote:
elcanadiano wrote:

As Bill said, the intent in this case is that there are two full phrases that are meant to be sung before you ESF. If you say 4/sk2-s2s-ESF or 4/sk2-2p-ESF, that is explicitly saying that there are two full phrases to sing before you have to ESF. This way, you don't try to stop singing in the first full phrase and go, "oh shit."

The Suspicious Minds scenario is the ES2F as you mentioned, and I'm fine with notating it as that, but it's a different scenario. There it's that you have to skip two activation windows in a phrase (assuming the first one is between the phrase), then OD, then try to get the last part of the phrase.

Ohhh, I get it now, yeah that's different. Surprised that hasn't come up before. Yeah the new way Bill said seems the best. I'll put that in the key on the next update along with ES#.
haoestrelalp  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Livin' On The Edge: 2/BOD, 2/sk1-ESF, 2/BOD (haoestrelalp)
Path for 251k
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angel: 2/sk1-ESF, 2/, 3/sk2 (dbforthree)

Path nets 188,8xx
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

• Key updated.

• Yes we're including the 12 Rockudrama tracks as DLC since technically Rivals is DLC.

• Please double check that I got the right path for Royals, there were a bunch thrown around.

• OP Updated

haoestrelalp  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rag Doll: 2/, 2/ESP, 3/sk1 (haoestrelalp)
Path for 200k+
LoAlexandria  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow: 3/sk4-ESF 3/ATsk2-ESF
(188000)
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
  • Key updated.

• Yes we're including the 12 Rockudrama tracks as DLC since technically Rivals is DLC.

• Please double check that I got the right path for Royals, there were a bunch thrown around.

• OP Updated

I was really unclear about which path was right. Roll with this one, with the updated notation. I don't get credit.

Royals: 2/1p-ESF, 2/sk2-2p-ESF, 3/sk1-ESF (haoestrelalp)

Also, California was not marked red properly.

Get Ready 2 Rokk: 2/sk1, 2/sk1-1p-ESF, 2/DOD-1p-ESF (shakamuda)

Same path, adding 1p at the end of both.

Less Talk More Rokk: 3/2p-ESF, 2/, 3/, 2/sk1 (DarthDonkeySH)
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, this is my first time making a vox path, here we go
Blue Jeans: 2/, 4/sk4, 2/sk1 (UltraHeroABC5)
made this based on the iPather chart.

also, looks like I found another path for I'm Cryin', not sure if its better or not.
I'm Cryin': 3/, 3/BOD (UltraHeroABC5)
try this out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 207, 208, 209  Next
Page 86 of 209

Jump to: