FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I've always wanted to try the Chaotrope songs, but where do I start?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackbart  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: I've always wanted to try the Chaotrope songs, but where do Reply with quote

^
Exxucus  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Betrayed and XIV are the only ones I own, and both are passable without tapping, and Betrayed hardly requires tapping to FC. If that's what you're looking for, start with those, I guess.

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, almost all of them are pretty insane on guitar, bass, and drums, and they're all reasonably similar. If you want to try the hardest ones, you can check the 100 hardest bass and guitar FC threads, which both have a number of Chaotrope songs near the top. If you want something tough and very technically complex on drums too, try either part of Thief in the Night.

If you're looking for something more manageable... well, Elysian and The Hourglass Paroxysm - Part 1 are both much lower tier than the others. If you want something tough but not completely insane, I'm not sure which the best ones are.

Really, though, the best approach might just be to look for videos. You can find videos of at least the guitar parts of most of them on Youtube, so just look up songs on that and pick the ones that you think have the most fun-looking charts and/or the best sound.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XIV is probably your best bet, although depending on your skill, Reaper might also be to your tastes.

One thing to remember is to never write off a Chaotrope bassline, they tend to be just as interesting as guitar, but without the truly insane solos. (This fact saves Diachylon from the "don't go near this unless you're a protier guitarist" bin. It's actually pretty fun, in my opinion.) The few exceptions are the ones in the top 15 or so of the top bass list.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one I own is Elysian and that one is really easy. Golded it on my sightread.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will agree with ^^^^ the basslines are much better unless you are the elite.

I just wish we could trade DLC or give it away, I have 7 Chaotrope songs and deleted them about a month ago, just to hard for me to play.

Some of the songs sound fun and are, but to much crazy for me
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find Ceraunophobia to be really fun.

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
Blackbart  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for mostly in the drum department, i consider myself scorehero good in guitar but I consider drums having better replayability. I just don't want bass pedal fests sitting on red yellow beats .
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackbart wrote:
I'm looking for mostly in the drum department, i consider myself scorehero good in guitar but I consider drums having better replayability. I just don't want bass pedal fests sitting on red yellow beats .

You should get pandemonium then. Lots of fun beats on drums.
DragoonXD  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackbart wrote:

Fading Sacrifice is amazing on drums.

Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both parts of The Thief in the Night are good on drums. Both are really tough and technically complex, so some people might find them too challenging, but if you're up for a challenge I'd recommend them.

I don't think any of the Chaotrope songs (at least, none of the ones I've played) are bad on drums. Even the relatively straightforward ones have decent variety and some interesting beats and fills thrown in. There's a lot of bass pedal in most of them, but I wouldn't worry about songs with completely straightforward beats that are only final tier because of the foot endurance and speed required like some metal songs.
b0bb0  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorites on Drums are:
Thief in the Night - Part I
Fading Sacrifice
Pandemonium

And if you like a challenge, be on the look out for Chiasm, hardest Chaotrope on the drums by far, coming out soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diachlyon's a good drum one if you want something in the easier department (if you can't double stroke than Thief in the Night will make you its bitch).
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: