FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to compile an rba for a >10min song?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EvinC  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: How to compile an rba for a >10min song? Reply with quote

Is there any way to bypass Magma only letting you build songs that are under 10 minutes? It kind of makes me angry that i spent so long charting an 11 minute song and now i cant build the RBA.
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34918
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: How to compile an rba for a >10min song? Reply with quote

EvinC wrote:
Is there any way to bypass Magma only letting you build songs that are under 10 minutes? It kind of makes me angry that i spent so long charting an 11 minute song and now i cant build the RBA.

There hasn't been any way of bypassing it that has been posted. It would be nice, but not possible. You could always split your song into two parts or try to shorten it in some way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
inimitable  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Build a version of the chart that's only 8 minutes. Extract files from the RBA, copy any relevant changes Magma made to your full midi version (animations, venue, etc). Replace midi file with full version. Re-build new RBA using RB DLC Tools.

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inimitable wrote:
Build a version of the chart that's only 8 minutes. Extract files from the RBA, copy any relevant changes Magma made to your full midi version (animations, venue, etc). Replace midi file with full version. Re-build new RBA using RB DLC Tools.

That doesn't solve the problem with the audio being too long though. Unless you're suggesting using the mogg header tool in RB DLC Tools (which I don't recommend because it simply doesn't work).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
inimitable wrote:

That doesn't solve the problem with the audio being too long though. Unless you're suggesting using the mogg header tool in RB DLC Tools (which I don't recommend because it simply doesn't work).

It kinda works....it just sucks cause if you pause/unpause, the audio gets desynced from the chart.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Co2 Outbr3ak
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx wrote:
LyokoFreaks wrote:
inimitable wrote:

It kinda works....it just sucks cause if you pause/unpause, the audio gets desynced from the chart.

That and it doesn't support keyboard.
qwertymodo  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on something that *should* get Magma to encrypt a multitrack .ogg of any length into a .mogg, adding the proper header and everything. However, you will have to manually match up your .ogg tracks to the .dta so beware of that. I'm testing now, so we shall see...

EDIT: My bad, Magma doesn't encrypt .mogg's, just adds the mogg header to an unencrypted .ogg. What I'm working on will get it to generate that header for an .ogg of arbitrary length. It won't, however, bypass Magma's check for .mid length, so you'll have to do this with a dummy .mid, just to get the .mogg, then you'll still have to build the rest manually.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, seems to be working, but I don't currently have a system set up to play customs, so if anyone wants to test to verify that the resulting .mogg actually works (which it should), let me know and you can test it for me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qwertymodo wrote:
Ok, seems to be working, but I don't currently have a system set up to play customs, so if anyone wants to test to verify that the resulting .mogg actually works (which it should), let me know and you can test it for me.

I'll test it, absolutely! Just PM it to me.
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it work? I'd love to try this on a song that is a little bit longer than 10 minutes. How exactly does it work? You can get Magma to generate a proper .mogg file of the full length, but then you have to create the other files manually?

The MIDI file shouldn't be a problem. Reaper can create one of any length. You just have to do the VENUE track yourself, although you can use Magma to generate a VENUE track up to a certain point. I imagine you can also use this to get the album art file and the .milo_xbox file, if you extract them from the RBA you build from the shorter MIDI file.

What about the songs.dat file? Will that work as-is, or do you need to adjust it? I see an entry in there for song length, so I imagine at least that needs to change. I'm not sure if everything else is okay. If you're using RB3Maker (which you should, because it's wicked awesome), you can use the RBA build option on your initial RBA with the shorter MIDI file, and it will extract all those files you need. Then you can update songs.dat and the MIDI file as needed, and switch to the Full Song build option and point it to the same folder, and it will use all the files it extracted from the RBA before. The only downside is you can't test the full-length version of the song in Audition Mode, but that's a minor quibble if this works like I think it does.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
qwertymodo  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DorkmasterFlek wrote:
Did it work? I'd love to try this on a song that is a little bit longer than 10 minutes. How exactly does it work? You can get Magma to generate a proper .mogg file of the full length, but then you have to create the other files manually?

This exactly. You can't create a fully working rba because there is still no way to get it to accept a long .mid, but I and LyokoFreaks have both successfully generated >10 minute .mogg's using my method (and it's fairly simple to do...). My method ONLY generates a proper .mogg. No mid, no weights, no milo (so no lipsync anims), no album art (but Magma doesn't actually convert the album art to the proper format anyway, and there are already tools to properly generate it), but none of these are showstoppers the way the .mogg is.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm willing to release this. Copy this file into your Magma installation directory http://www.mediafire.com/?5fwvwh3byz1x4aw

Then rename oggenc.exe to oggenc_real.exe and rename oggenc_redirect.exe to oggenc.exe.

Now you have to convert your audio to a multi-track .ogg file using an application like audacity. Be sure to write down your track mapping so you can manually specify the mapping in the .dta. Save it into your Magma installation folder as audio.ogg.

Open any .rbproj that you know will compile without errors and click build.

Extract your .mogg from the resulting .rba using DLC Tools or any alternative method.

You know have a proper (albeit unencrypted, but that doesn't matter) .mogg.

Basically, if audio.ogg exists in the Magma install directory, it will use that audio instead of the audio specified in the .rbproj. If it doesn't exist, it should compile normally. Please be sure to test both cases. audio.ogg gets deleted upon completion of the build, so don't worry about it using that same audio the next time you build an rba and you don't want it to. Also, this method causes oggenc to actually display in a command window when compiling normally, but just ignore it (and DON'T close the window, it will autoclose when it finishes transcoding).

TODO:
-I should probably delete the temp interleaved wav that Magma generates if we're not using it, but maybe Magma deletes it already, not sure...

-See if I can redirect the real oggenc's output so it doesn't spawn a new window

-suggestions? (No, I can not bypass the MIDI compiler's length check).

EDIT: Updated the link. No changes to the file, just decided to host from my MF account rather than out of my DropBox...

Last edited by qwertymodo on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: qwertymodo Wii Friend Code: 0745346390013422
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so basically it makes magma make a mogg that is longer than 10 min but doesnt create the minimum needed dta file?

So all misc files need to be manually made?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psymatiq wrote:
so basically it makes magma make a mogg that is longer than 10 min but doesnt create the minimum needed dta file?

Basically, yeah.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psymatiq wrote:

Here's what I would do.

Customs that use a single, mixed-down audio track (most customs): Check the audio tracks in Magma for the instruments you're putting in the game. Put a short filler track in each one and your song in the backing and build your project. Extract the DTA and look at the audio channels. If you have, for example, drums (0 1), bass (2 3), guitar (4 5), then the backing audio will be channels (6 7). Go into your audio editor and map some short, dead audio filler tracks to channels 1-6 and your song file to channels 7-8. Render out the ogg and follow qwertymodo's instructions. This will ensure that all of the channels are mapped correctly.

Customs that use multi-tracks: It's going to be pretty similar to the method above, but of course you'll be using the separated stems. The only thing to watch out for here is that you do, in fact, have filler tracks that match the channels of your stems. For example, if you have a mono kick, mono snare, and stereo kit stems, then you want to make sure that you're using a mono filler track for the kick and snare and a stereo filler track for the kit in Magma. When you render your multi-track ogg, it'll be the same process to mapping the channels, just keep in mind that for drums, if you have multiple stems, it always goes in the order of kick, snare, kit.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: