FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to: RB3 customs for 360, no mods. ((Updated))
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use only the files that Magma spits out. Quit creating your DTA in RB DLC Tools. Fucking people read the whole fucking thread before you post. Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
Use only the files that Magma spits out. Quit creating your DTA in RB DLC Tools. Fucking people read the whole fucking thread before you post. Thanks.

^
raynebc  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's tough to get everybody to commit to reading a 40+ page thread. Somebody had mentioned interest in creating a new thread to serve as a digest for the useful bits of information, it might be a handy thing to have around.
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
It's tough to get everybody to commit to reading a 40+ page thread. Somebody had mentioned interest in creating a new thread to serve as a digest for the useful bits of information, it might be a handy thing to have around.

I would say it's only proper etiquette that you read through a 40+ page thread to make sure you are up to date on the discussion before you ask a question. Keep in mind that it's 40+ pages because people won't read the thread and we keep seeing the same problems over and over again. But it would probably be a good idea to make a new thread, so I'll go ahead and put a new guide together.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
p0larbear  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granted I've only done one song that's still in the works, but I don't get how the RB DLC tools app is causing so many bad DTA files. All the times I've recompiled this song and edited the DTA with the DLC tools, it comes out fine for me.

Just saying, though. I'll probably just use the magma-generated file from now on since it's more efficient.
Planned: Hoobastank - Without a Fight, Eric Clapton - Layla (Unplugged Live), Valve Studio Orchestra - Team Fortress 2 Main Theme, Valve Studio Orchestra - Meet The Engineer
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

p0larbear wrote:
Granted I've only done one song that's still in the works, but I don't get how the RB DLC tools app is causing so many bad DTA files. All the times I've recompiled this song and edited the DTA with the DLC tools, it comes out fine for me.

Just saying, though. I'll probably just use the magma-generated file from now on since it's more efficient.

I'm not sure why, but it works sometimes and not at other times. And it definitely won't work for keys. With testing I figured out that the Magma DTA works like a charm every time which is why I say to use it because it was literally made for the audio and chart that you used to build the RBA.
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
Keep in mind that it's 40+ pages because people won't read the thread and we keep seeing the same problems over and over again. But it would probably be a good idea to make a new thread, so I'll go ahead and put a new guide together.

It's 40+ pages because it's too hard to do.

Click here for new RB3Maker thread!

Last edited by Technicolor on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:04 am; edited 22 times in total
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance you could give a brief outline of how to use RB3Maker? It's a cool little program, but I'm not entirely sure what to do with the resulting files.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
LyokoFreaks wrote:
Keep in mind that it's 40+ pages because people won't read the thread and we keep seeing the same problems over and over again. But it would probably be a good idea to make a new thread, so I'll go ahead and put a new guide together.

Try using this instead:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yaopfcjesg91qqj

Source code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?iq7lsmgbmg7v59e

New favorite first post!

EDIT: Joe, just open a folder containing only one RBA, and it will convert it to CON INCLUDING converting the image format, and unlocking it so that VENUEs can be used!
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOE2210 wrote:
Any chance you could give a brief outline of how to use RB3Maker? It's a cool little program, but I'm not entirely sure what to do with the resulting files.

As an example, if you have an RBA called 'bestsongever.rba": Select options / Convert RBA, then file/open the folder with bestsongever.rba in it and click OK. Then RB3Maker does this:

Extracts songs.dta.raw
Patches up the song name and write it to songs.dta
Extract the album art to bestsongever_8bit.bmp
Apply obscure tricks cribbed from Nachyoz's GH2ImageCon and qwertymodo to create the RB3 image file bestsongever_keep.png_xbox
Extract bestsongever.mogg
Extract bestsongever.milo_xbox
Extract bestsongever.weights (if present)
Create an xbox package with songs/<bestsongever>/gen and stuff all files into the right places (a la Le Fluffie)
Patch the xbox package (like XBLA unlocker did)
Fix the xbox package "bestsongever_rb3con" (like Le Fluffie did)

So in your folder you'll see all those intermediate files, plus the final package: "bestsongever_rb3con". From there, follow the instructions for saving "bestsongever_rb3con" to an Xbox flash drive with Modio or Harmony, from the start of this thread:

Quote:

First you need to plug in your external USB storage on your Xbox 360. If you haven't formatted it for your 360 you should do it now. Then go to system settings, memory, hard drive, Rock Band 3, and select Rock Band 3 song cache.

Copy the song cache file to your external USB storage.

If you haven't already plugged your USB drive back into your computer, do so now. Then click explore my device, and open it. Then open the Content folder, open Rock Band 3, and open Game Saves. Then right click inside that folder and select Insert File and then find where you saved your custom CON file.

EDIT: This text is now included if you select Help / Help.

Another cool trick: If you're just iterating the same song, you can just hit Alt+F (file), O (open), and Enter (OK), and it'll scan everything and regenerate the _rb3con file.

The other two options presume you've already created the intermediate files and just want RB3Maker to create the package. Useful for pro upgrades, but really only legacy for regular song packages - you're much better off starting with an RBA and let RB3Maker do the heavy lifting. Mostly because moggs from RBA's always work - gluing on the promised land header as RB DLC Tools does isn't reliable.

Last edited by Technicolor on Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
p0larbear  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
LyokoFreaks wrote:

Try using this instead:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yaopfcjesg91qqj

Source code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?iq7lsmgbmg7v59e

Just skimmed the source code, and if this thing works for me I will love you in the most heterosexual manner possible. Or homosexual. Whatever you prefer.
Planned: Hoobastank - Without a Fight, Eric Clapton - Layla (Unplugged Live), Valve Studio Orchestra - Team Fortress 2 Main Theme, Valve Studio Orchestra - Meet The Engineer
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I can't seem to find the .con that it's meant to spit out.
This is what I'm getting...

Restored default folder path: C:\Users\Joe\Desktop\rainbowtylenol
Restored package option: Package individual song files
Creating full song package in folder C:\Users\Joe\Desktop\rainbowtylenol
STEP 1: Checking for required files in folder C:\Users\Joe\Desktop\rainbowtylenol
Pass: C:\Users\Joe\Desktop\rainbowtylenol\songs.dta is present
Warning: preview is still set to the first 30 seconds
game_origin matches ugc_plus
Package option: Extract components from RBA, then package
Extracting RBA components in folder C:\Users\Joe\Desktop\rainbowtylenol
RBA file C:\Users\Joe\Desktop\rainbowtylenol\Rainbow Tylenol.rba starts with a valid signature.
Wrote 2059 bytes to C:\Users\Joe\Desktop\rainbowtylenol\songs.dta.raw
Wrote 59849 bytes to C:\Users\Joe\Desktop\rainbowtylenol\Rainbow Tylenol.mid
Wrote 10551594 bytes to C:\Users\Joe\Desktop\rainbowtylenol\Rainbow Tylenol.mogg
Wrote 65612 bytes to C:\Users\Joe\Desktop\rainbowtylenol\Rainbow Tylenol.milo_xbox
Wrote 262198 bytes to C:\Users\Joe\Desktop\rainbowtylenol\Rainbow Tylenol.bmp
Saved image data to C:\Users\Joe\Desktop\rainbowtylenol\Rainbow Tylenol_keep.png_xbox
Creating full song package in folder C:\Users\Joe\Desktop\rainbowtylenol
STEP 1: Checking for required files in folder C:\Users\Joe\Desktop\rainbowtylenol
Pass: C:\Users\Joe\Desktop\rainbowtylenol\songs.dta is present
Warning: preview is still set to the first 30 seconds
game_origin matches ugc_plus

Can you see if I'm being an idiot? :P

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOE2210 wrote:
Hmm, I can't seem to find the .con that it's meant to spit out.
RBA file C:\Users\Joe\Desktop\rainbowtylenol\Rainbow Tylenol.rba starts with a valid signature.

EDIT: The problem was there were spaces in the RBA file name. RB3Maker uses the base RBA file name to generate all the other files and patch up songs.dta - there can't be spaces (e.g., must be "songs/rainbowtylenol/rainbowtylenol" in songs.dta). The new version enforces that restriction.

Package names now end in _rb3con, by the way.

Last edited by Technicolor on Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:20 pm; edited 8 times in total
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<deleted>

Last edited by Technicolor on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:17 am; edited 3 times in total
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works fantastically for me, by the way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 46 of 52

Jump to: