FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Quick Reference for RB1 Overdrive Paths (On-Disc, 360/PS3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaterOfCheese  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, clarified it a bit in the main post. I actually had it longer before, but then I shortened it to save space... I guess I kind of lost meaning when I did that >.<

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

updated my list with day lat, dollar short. Somehow i missed that one.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to make a little sidenote about Epic; it seems the path would be 2 0 1. I did it without squeezes, and added up the possible squeezes (which is 1200 points.) The max score came out to 234,475. The high scores I've seen posted are between 234,075 and 234,175.

I'll check tomorrow if 2 0 2 gets a very close score to 2 0 1.
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaterOfCheese wrote:
Sorry, clarified it a bit in the main post. I actually had it longer before, but then I shortened it to save space... I guess I kind of lost meaning when I did that >.<

Alright thanks a lot
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Hooray its Mike
Shufflefield  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do these paths generally hold true for easy/medium/hard as well?
EaterOfCheese  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shufflefield wrote:

Generally, but it's really touch and go, and depends alot on the song. Overdrive paths are usually based around hitting the point-heavy parts of the song, and sometimes that can change around, even between Expert and Hard. Orange crush is a perfect example, where the verses just about halve in points, whereas in expert they are great for getting overdrive in. So, basically, I won't guarantee that these are accurate for other difficulties, but they should be at least close for most songs.

However, squeeze notes often change, especially when you get down to medium and easy. If you really are intent on squeezing in lower difficulties, I recommend looking up squeeze notes on ajanata's charts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Constable wrote:
I just added more reference videos recently! It'd be great to hear any comments/suggestions/feedback. Check them all out here.

I definitely think you warrant making your own thread for those Haha
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: wafflecopter05 PSN Name: wafflecopter05
Shufflefield  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaterOfCheese wrote:
Shufflefield wrote:

Generally, but it's really touch and go, and depends alot on the song.

Played around on medium and hard last night with these paths, and even though they might not be exact, they did provide some good insight and still managed to boost quite a few scores, so thank you for that!!!

It sure beats the wild flailing and guessing I was doing before. =)
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that 0011 RttH path, am I supposed to end with a 1/4 bar of OD?

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
EaterOfCheese  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... No, you shouldn't Gurn.

First activation should be at m26, just before the fast part. You should have 2 od's and pick one up while it's running.
Second activation should be at m59, at the beginning of the second verse. You should have 3 od's before you activate.
Third activation should be at m87, right as the guitar solo starts. You should have to skip only one fill (at m78, in the middle of the second chorus), and you will have 3 od's.
Fourth activation is at m127, in the middle of the third chorus. You should only have to skip one fill (which is right at the end of the bridge) and you should have 4 od's and you will pick up one while it's running.

That's how it is supposed to work. Looking at it, there are only 2 things I can think of that may have happened: Somehow, the fill in the middle bridge appeared (it should be too fast for that), or there's some disappearing OD/fills happening. Test this explanation, see how it works.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaterOfCheese wrote:
Hmm... No, you shouldn't Gurn.

First activation should be at m26, just before the fast part. You should have 2 od's and pick one up while it's running.
Second activation should be at m59, at the beginning of the second verse. You should have 3 od's before you activate.
Third activation should be at m87, right as the guitar solo starts. You should have to skip only one fill (at m78, in the middle of the second chorus), and you will have 3 od's.
Fourth activation is at m127, in the middle of the third chorus. You should only have to skip one fill (which is right at the end of the bridge) and you should have 4 od's and you will pick up one while it's running.

That's how it is supposed to work. Looking at it, there are only 2 things I can think of that may have happened: Somehow, the fill in the middle bridge appeared (it should be too fast for that), or there's some disappearing OD/fills happening. Test this explanation, see how it works.

Well, I won't have time to test at all until at least June 16th as I'm going on vacation. But yes, I remember the fill in the middle of the bridge appeared. =/

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last squeeze on Reptilia may be off....its in the middle of a blue section just like the second squeeze but its different squeeze, i would gladly check it myself but i dont know where these "ajanta charts" that everyone speaks of are. I also was playing and it messed my streak up, and 99% of the time ill hit my squeezes....so if you could look into it it would be appreciated.

EDIT: I'm a dumbass. Found the charts.

EDIT 2: According to his charts, the last squeeze is defintely RB instead of OG.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Hooray its Mike
EaterOfCheese  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ HoorayItsMike: Yep, you're right. Fixed.

@ Gurnkiller: Yeah, I had a feeling that's what happened. How strange... maybe you have to hit the note late to ensure the activation doesn't appear? That's a scary thought on RttH However, it is more efficient points wise to skip the activation if it does appear and do a 0-0-1-2 pattern instead.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's a squeezing problem in Detroit Rock City.

On the chart it shows the first fill ending in a GO, which would be correct, but i have yet to EVER have this fill appear, ive tried hitting the phrase early and it still doesnt come up, so i go to the second fill and on ajanta's charts it says that the squeeze would be GBO.
This means i shouldve been able to hit it even without the Blue, but it broke my streak, so i looked on JCirri's charts and it is just BO, i tried this out and it worked first try.
So the i'm 99% sure the first squeeze of Detroit Rock City should be BO.
The second squeeze is also BO...but the rest seem to be correct. So overall the squeezes should be:
BO, BO, GO, GO, GO
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Constable wrote:
Just want to make a little sidenote about Epic; it seems the path would be 2 0 1. I did it without squeezes, and added up the possible squeezes (which is 1200 points.) The max score came out to 234,475. The high scores I've seen posted are between 234,075 and 234,175.

I'll check tomorrow if 2 0 2 gets a very close score to 2 0 1.

i just FC'ed epic 2-0-2 with bass squeezing and im 3000 off of first. Ill try 2-0-1

EDIT: i ended with extra od with 2 0 1. why am i so off first then??

Javman's NS is 1803. did he go 0002? and get the points off the squeezes?

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 6 of 15

Jump to: