FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Quick Reference for RB1 Overdrive Paths (On-Disc, 360/PS3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeeEmDubya  

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: time we had correction Reply with quote

also time we had is wrong. i posted the second highest score, only losing to javman, using a path i created. if i find out what the squeezes are i might pass him, who knows. i got over 182k and gurn and someguy have 181 something. anyway, it's 010. this is tricky though because during my attempts to fc this i came across two separate activation points similar to the glitch in enter sandman. sometimes a phrase would appear DURING the bridge (the part of the song on the blue pad) and sometimes it would not. if it does appear, it's wrong, so i guess this means hit the previous od notes late, so the phrase will not appear until later.
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: in regards to welcome home Reply with quote

BeeEmDubya wrote:
seems like there is still confusion about welcome home. i dont know what sort of spread sheet you're using or how it works, but if you only wait 1 time during the slow part you'll end up activating when there's only those blue separated notes. doesnt seem very optimal if you ask me. if you wait twice, you end up activating during a plethora of notes.

and just to clarify my evidence, i went 254k -1, no squeezing on MY od path.

then i went 255k fc on YOUR od path WITH squeezing.

should speak for itself

the reason one would activate early during the quarter notes b4 the bridge is because that way you play all the notes rather than skip over them. numbers dont lie though

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
BeeEmDubya  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

although that is typically true and something to consider when looking at od paths, the fill that appears in my path is very very short, only half a measure, so it only covers about 8 notes. also, with my path you will end up going over so many od phrases that you'll get one less activation overall as well, providing for more additional notes.

but then again, i'm no expert
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would also note that I also skip like you. Im merely presenting the counter argument

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Constable  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be trying to make new videos of the OD paths in action, along with little text pop-ups within the song that tell you what the possible squeeze notes are. Just another way to visually display the paths! Hope they'll be of some help in any way.

Here's a sample video: Are You Gonna Be My Girl.

For all future videos, I'll just try to FC them without squeezes so that everyone can use that as a point of reference when trying to squeeze.

Overdrive path videos

Updates
6/2: Added Nightmare, The Hand That Feeds, Wanted Dead or Alive, Creep, Epic, Go With The Flow, Paranoid, I Think I'm Paranoid, and Electric Version.

Last edited by Constable on Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
EaterOfCheese  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ BeeEmDubya about Welcome Home: As Gurnkiller has pointed out the two paths are incredibly close in terms of points. The reason skipping one fill instead of two may be optimal is two-fold: As BowlZ pointed out, you don't miss the notes in bridge covered by the fill (even 8 notes would be 1600 points in OD); and if you skip 2 fills you only get one activation after it (20020 vs. 200100). This means that would can potentially squeeze a bit more out of it by having that extra activation. On the other hand, you don't even see that fill with the first path... After I post this, I'll try a full-out spreadsheet for a absolutely confirmed answer.

@ BeeEmDubya about Time We Had: Yep, 1-0-1 is better, I'll go fix it. Doesn't look like anythings better... which means the difference will probably be in squeezing.

@ deepbluevibes: Yep, just went to check it, new path is about 1.5k more. Changed in the main post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

time we had is 0-1-0, not 1-0-1. maybe you just typed it wrong
EaterOfCheese  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, haha, yeah, sorry. It's right in the OP though.

So, I went back into Welcome Home to see the paths again. It was actually pretty easy to figure out which path was better because they both have the same first three and last activations; the only changes happen in the bridge and the solo.

But unless I've made some mistake, it appears that 2-0-0-1-0-0 is the better path by about 800 points (if you squeeze. If not, it'd be... about 600, I think). Like I said, very small difference. If someone else wants to go double check this for me, it'd be much appreciated, because I may have made a mistake somewhere.

By the way, a new section has been added to the OP titled Additions from Others. It basically just links to other people's modification of the information in the OP (Like Girex's visual representation and Sarg338's alphabetical listing).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i'm sort of over the whole welcome home thing. besides, i hope you're right anyway becuase i fc'd it using the 200100 path and i dont want to have to go re-fc it using mine.
BeeEmDubya  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the squeezes in vasoline are wrong too. the second one is YO and i think the third one is too, i'm playing it now so i'll let you know when i find out.
EaterOfCheese  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, you're right BeeEmDubya. Thanks for the correction.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just added more reference videos recently! It'd be great to hear any comments/suggestions/feedback. Check them all out here.
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main Offender: 0/BO – 0/BO – 0/BO (Rizzo, someguy913, laconic) [Careful not to hit the last note of the second energy phrase of the third activation too early. You should have 3 OD’s before you activate your third phrase]

Is there any chance that someone could explain this to me? I think it may be worded a little incorrectly and im just trying to understand which phrase its talking about, if you could describe which overdrive phrase i hit late it would be appreciated (i.e. the snare roll activation...etc.)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Hooray its Mike
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh nevermind i finally figured it out, i actually read it correctly, but i couldnt understand why you would hit that phrase late, so i think it would help people understand better if you told them why your skipping the activation, i thought i was trying to not continue the currently activated overdrive by hitting an overdrive phrase late, but i was trying to hit it late so i could skip a drum fill, maybe im just dumb? haha, oh well, tied for 1st on this song now, so i guess i cant be too dumb
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Hooray its Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15

Jump to: