FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
6/10 DLC - MTV2 Pack and Maxïmo Park!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PleadtheFifth  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all are pretty sweet songs, but i prolly wont download any just because the guitars arent that much fun looking. The drums sound fun on a couple but it all depends on whether or not i can get ahold of my parents credit card

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Don't Plan On Getting....

-Moving to Seattle: The only really interesting (sounding) part is singing, which I find gets old pretty quickly
-A Clean Shot: See above, just even more so boring to play...

I Plan On Getting....

-Girls Who Play Guitar: At first I didn't like this song, but giving it a couple more chances it has grown on me, and the chart seems pretty fun anyway. On the flipside it's 160 ($2) points and I was expecting it to be 80 ($1) throughout the weekend
-Bullets & Guns: My pick for the best song this week. It's catchy, every instrument contributes something, and it doesn't overstay it's welcome. The fa-a-a-ast part has also become considerably less annoying to me over the weekend. And it has a guitar soloz

Edit: I guess GWPG was still supposed to be $1, so I'll just wait for it to be correctly priced.
Edit2: GWPG was actually supposed to be $2 all along, but the press release got it wrong At least it's still a decent song...
The Rock Band Network is so potentially consequential that Harmonix went to great lengths to keep its development secret, including giving it the unofficial in-house code name Rock Band: Nickelback, on the theory that the name of the quintessentially generic modern rock group would be enough to deflect all curiosity.

Last edited by ThuDogFood on Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
stardf29  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drum videos are up.

How is A Clean Shot only a 4 (difficulty) on Drums? That song is like Orange Crush on crack.

That said, the MTV pack looks good for drums. A Clean Shot is tons of fun, Moving to Seattle is really good, and Bullets & Guns is pretty fun, too.

Girls Who Play Guitars, I'm a little iffy on, since it looks like an endurance test for the arms, and I'm not a big fan of that type of song... if you like that kind of stuff, though, I'm sure it'll be quite fun.
wursty420  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i might go to the 7/11 and buy some points for these songs, they sound good to me
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Zz WUR5TY zZ
ThatOneGuy  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really like the sound of any of them other than Moving to Seattle, which is probably the only one I'll get. It's the only one that'll be fun to play, IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FotCRules
ToradtheIdiot  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was put best earlier: These songs don't really add anything. These drum patterns we've seen before, A Clean Shot has probably the most distinct guitar chart, but I know I wouldn't want it if I had bought Fever.

I dunno, all these songs really do for me t the moment is inspire me to go into a rant about this style all sounding exactly the same, but I'll spare you guys it. I'll hold out that something gets stuck in my head as the day goes by, but for now, this is a complete avoid for me.
yamo5  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty boring all around from the videos I've seen.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotkillakilla
JRyder  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The songs on guitar have some awfully similar charts, with the exception of A Clean Shot. There's just a lot of strumming to be had in all the songs, and nothing really engaging in the lines of solos or good licks. That being said, the only song I really DON'T want to play again is Bullets With Guns, but I'll probably have to do it for the GS/FC.

Npeaen  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playitloud413 wrote:
I feel it necessary to vocalize that I'm not happy with the way things have been for a few weeks. For as long as I can remember, Npeaen has uploaded the expert guitar videos almost as quickly as they get released. He has always been on top of this and has selflessly dedicated himself to giving everyone the first look at new DLC. Many thanks have been directed toward him and I, and countless others, appreciate what he does.

And it is on that note that I raise this question: why would any one else feel the need to record and upload expert guitar videos? We all know that Npeaen is going to do it, so why even bother? Is this fun for you? Some sort of get-off knowing that you beat Npeaen to the punch so you can have your name edited into the OP for the contributor of the guitar videos?

I don't think it's fair to him. I think it's a slap in the face for all the hard work, time, and money he's put into this. It doesn't sit right with me.

Your thoughts?

playitloud413
\m/(O.o)\m/

I was just cracking a joke at my own slow internet.

Over the summer months my uploads ARE going to be slower and of lower quality. So other people picking up the slack is fine by me.

Localization Manager- MediaLocate
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Npeaen PSN Name: Npeaen
dore  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Seattle will probably be the only one I pick up. It has a good sound to it, I'll probably enjoy the vocals and drums the most. The rest are just meh.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to be a week where they focused more on "sounds good" than "plays good". And since I don't really like generic, solo-devoid pop-rock, I'll be passing on these.
ace-kicker  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playitloud413 wrote:
I feel it necessary to vocalize that I'm not happy with the way things have been for a few weeks. For as long as I can remember, Npeaen has uploaded the expert guitar videos almost as quickly as they get released. He has always been on top of this and has selflessly dedicated himself to giving everyone the first look at new DLC. Many thanks have been directed toward him and I, and countless others, appreciate what he does.

And it is on that note that I raise this question: why would any one else feel the need to record and upload expert guitar videos? We all know that Npeaen is going to do it, so why even bother? Is this fun for you? Some sort of get-off knowing that you beat Npeaen to the punch so you can have your name edited into the OP for the contributor of the guitar videos?

I don't think it's fair to him. I think it's a slap in the face for all the hard work, time, and money he's put into this. It doesn't sit right with me.

Your thoughts?

playitloud413
\m/(O.o)\m/

You are correct sir. people just want other people to pay attention to them. Npeaen i believe, has it down and you should let him continue, we all look for his anyway not just some other guy, who is unimportant.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jonfen88 PSN Name: Johnny_bananas
Abaddon  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragoon013 wrote:
This seems to be a week where they focused more on "sounds good" than "plays good". And since I don't really like generic, solo-devoid pop-rock, I'll be passing on these.
I think it is important to remember that these songs were chosen because they were contest winners, not because they would have fun charts. So it's not a matter of what they "focused on", it's what they were stuck with.

I actually am more intrigued than I thought I would be, but will probably not get any of these immediately as I have more than enough DLC to keep me busy right now, unless it is "amazing" DLC for me (like Doolittle).
de1337ed  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's A Clean Shot on X Vocals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwSkH-sJI_c&fmt=6

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blah, this week's songs aren't exactly something I want to listen to :P

there's always next week

Squeeky plays reel guitar nubkakes. :P
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Squeekyclean182 Wii Friend Code: 2616391984205315
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: