FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anyone having trouble hitting the 3 bass notes on paranoid?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RustyWaffle  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Anyone having trouble hitting the 3 bass notes on paranoid? Reply with quote

where there are three | | | then a break and another | | |?

I play drums irl and i see no way how it's possible to do this without a double pedal

My Drum Covers (Most recent: Muse - Stockholm Syndrome)
ShadoWolf wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Everyone hates Nihilanth. I enjoyed making that guitar chart. D:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker
NoPance  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quick but totally doable with one foot (they're only 8th notes).

Don't think about them as being three notes, but instead think of them filling in all the space between the snare hits.

So start with the hi/hat snare:

Code:
h   h   h   h   | h   h   h   h
    s       s   |     s       s

Then fill in all the spaces with the bass drum:

Code:
h   h   h   h   | h   h   h   h
    s       s   |     s       s
b b   b b b   b | b b   b b b   b
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: No Pance
someguy913  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imo, this requires you to play "heel-up" as opposed to "heel-down" in regards to the bass pedal. Basically, hitting the pedal with the ball of your foot/front half of your foot while your heel is raised off the base of the pedal. The force should be coming less from your ankle and more from your calf and leg muscles. I think it also helps to never actually fully take your foot off the pedal, making the up-and-down motion of your leg strong, but quick and efficient. Again, this is just imo.

Anyone else able to successfully and consistently achieve the equivalent of a double-bounce with the bass pedal using the slide technique? I'm having trouble with that, because it seems some patterns require the slide...or a double pedal XD

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: someguy913ps PSN Name: someguy913
NoPance  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

someguy913 wrote:
Anyone else able to successfully and consistently achieve the equivalent of a double-bounce with the bass pedal using the slide technique? I'm having trouble with that, because it seems some patterns require the slide...or a double pedal XD

Yeah it was kind of a rude awakening when I tried it on the RB pedal. Usually I just press with the ball of my foot and use the rebound of the beater to get two quick hits out. In RB though I had to switch to heel-toe instead, and that works pretty well.

Sliding works fine, but you might want to try heel-toe. Just drop your heel to get the first stroke, and then drop the ball of your foot while lifting your heel for the second stroke. Repetition of that will cadence on a rocking motion and you should be pretty comfortable with it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: No Pance
Gadman  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will post a vid 2 morrow showing how to use the kick best sorry 4 the bad spelling i am on a psp
G-Rad  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play Heel up.

By Heel up I mean keep yoru heel off the ground, use y our muscles to move yoru toes forward, you'll realize it works alot faster and you're more quicker.

For super fast doubles, do a heel-toe.

That's where you use your h eel to play a note and follow through and use your toe to play another.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
epock  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to switch between heel up and heel down based on how tired my ankles/calves are.
phoenix4417  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats this heel-toe technique, I saw someone explain it earlier but I'm not sure what he meant exactly.

Just put your heel on the tip of the pedal and press it while sliding your foot down to hit the next note with your toe? I'm lost lol.
Get 100% on 60 songs on expert [x]
Get 100% on 65 songs on expert [ ] (63)

I could easily have all of these goals finished but I never play GH3 much and when I do I am not going for these goals lol. I usually just play coop/PFO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: