FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Content Deleted
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
ghozt360  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just for the record, i only read the first 4 posts but i need to say this...deepblue is def capable of hitting every note in this game, the pads are messed up, watch his video youll see what i mean...mine is exactly the same way im im pretty sure they ALL are...just wait til u start playing expert and u break ur combo everytime there are 16ths, 32s or triplets or anything like that...its impossible :x
Zoltar  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the exact same problem with mine, but I play lefty so it's really only the green drum I have problems with. I'll probably send them in.
jameseatworld  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if my drums have a problem. At the beginning of each song when you can just play whatever it seems to register each note perfectly. Even when I play as fast as I can, which isn't very fast . But when I am actually playing the song it seems to randomly break combo even when it seems to me that I am playing the song perfectly. This generally only happens when I am hitting 2 notes at a time, and I usually only miss one of the notes. I have a CRT television, so I am sure its not lag. Also, my skill level isn't the best so that could be a problem as well, I barely finished the medium level career and am having some trouble near the end of hard career. Anyone else have similar problems.
ghozt360  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameseatworld wrote:
I am not sure if my drums have a problem. At the beginning of each song when you can just play whatever it seems to register each note perfectly. Even when I play as fast as I can, which isn't very fast . But when I am actually playing the song it seems to randomly break combo even when it seems to me that I am playing the song perfectly. This generally only happens when I am hitting 2 notes at a time, and I usually only miss one of the notes. I have a CRT television, so I am sure its not lag. Also, my skill level isn't the best so that could be a problem as well, I barely finished the medium level career and am having some trouble near the end of hard career. Anyone else have similar problems.

some people have to practice alot hitting two drums at the same time with both hands...u might just be off a little
jameseatworld  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: I don't think I will be practicing for some time, my kick drum snapped perfectly in half. Now I have to wait however long for a new set. I do have 2 extra boxes in my garage, one I was gonna give to my bro for xmas, the other I bought just because, may open one up, but that would probably be a huge waste.
phoenix4417  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey DBV do you tape yours all the way down or just a little bit because for some reason after taping all 4 drums, taped green for one song that I was playing last night, If i hit blue it would play yellow sometimes and when I hit yellow it played blue. samed happened with blue and green. the red one worked fine tho so idk.
Get 100% on 60 songs on expert [x]
Get 100% on 65 songs on expert [ ] (63)

I could easily have all of these goals finished but I never play GH3 much and when I do I am not going for these goals lol. I usually just play coop/PFO.
Dhoyft  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbv, i realize you've been playing drums for 4 years or whatever, but is there any advice you can offer on getting better at rolling? BTW, i think my drums have the same problem as yours. I'm going to try that tape.
Lunacy182  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk if this has already been said, but instead of tape, i use two rubber bands and put something underneath them so they are tighter. Works tons better. Im still getting a new kit anyways.
Siberian  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepbluevibes wrote:
And here's the video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAWd7nTAK0Y

Be sure to read the info on the side.

Wow, that's seriously messed up.

I just tried that on mine and admittedly I'm a drumming newbie but I think I was hitting it about as hard as you and *probably* close to as fast and I was able to get what was essentially a steady almost always illuminated beat (which you had when you hit it softer) hitting it like you were.

It would cut out and drop a note occasionally but I chalk that up to me probably messing up the beat and creating a gap rather then any fault of the set.

Thanks for the video though, showed me what to look for and I'm pretty confident my drums work fine.

Hope you get yours fixed!

Also if anyone cares the model # off mine is 822149 and P/N:822149-301

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU

I JUST BEAT DONT FEAR THE REAPER ON HARD AND COMBOED MOST OF THE ROLLS

THANK YOUU
Rockmaninoff  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phoenix4417 wrote:
hey DBV do you tape yours all the way down or just a little bit because for some reason after taping all 4 drums, taped green for one song that I was playing last night, If i hit blue it would play yellow sometimes and when I hit yellow it played blue. samed happened with blue and green. the red one worked fine tho so idk.

That's a problem with how sensitive you make the drums. Experiment around with different tensions of the tape. My red drum wasn't working and I taped it down, but I would notice that during songs (especially in solos) the Yellow would occasionally hit the Red. I just undid the top right corner of the tape on the Red drum and it plays fine now.

Again, just experiment to get it right. If not, send it in!
phoenix4417  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah ill keep experimenting but I seems like when I do get it right the tape pops off because of where i put it when it works. (Its right next to the bar so i cant really tape it under and it seems like the tape cant stay because of its position and it pops off every song i play). I guess I could just get better tape or something but right now Im just leaving tape on blue and red because that doesn't effect anything. I actually found out my yellow drum works for the most part but green is a problem. Only on a few songs or if I start rocking out and hitting it to hard lol. But it kinda sucks losing my combo because of fast parts on green. Oh well.

Idk guess ill keep trying and wow i cant wait to try that double bass thing in ur other vid DBV lol. That is awsome how that one guy found it out.

Wow i cant get green taped right. I hate breaking my combo on it since its the only one not working but If i tape it no matter what it seems like when i hit blue it does green too. Maybe its blue but I'm running outta tape lol
Get 100% on 60 songs on expert [x]
Get 100% on 65 songs on expert [ ] (63)

I could easily have all of these goals finished but I never play GH3 much and when I do I am not going for these goals lol. I usually just play coop/PFO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: