FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Content Deleted
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: This post has been deleted. Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
NoPance  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've kind of thrown around the word "roll" with different drum techniques in various posts--are you referring to a multiple-bounce roll?

If so you're just going to have to improve your diddle support and use more back finger, because the pads don't rebound as much as most electronic pads.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: No Pance
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im no pro at all and only ever played drums at a friends house once.
But it seems to be very strict.
Im guessin my left is lagging a bit behind the right for "chords" but i improved much when i actually tried aiming dead center nice and firm, almost as if i was pushin it. *shrug*

Like i said, im so noob I couldnt point out if somethings truly wrong.
Sometimes i swear im hitting stuff fine but im breaking combo.
then again same on guitar. i still think its hdtv lag even with calibration.

However i tried the metallica dlc and i KNOW these songs so (btw ALL on medium. I tried one on expert and almost fell out of the chair in fright)
and since i know the metallica beats and rhythyms and some drum bits I was able to follow along better.
good luck if you dont know a song at all.
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankieB  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepbluevibes wrote:
I'm going to just have to take a video to show you guys so you'll see how badly broken the pad is. :/

Please do so, you have an entire thread here AND in the regular Score Hero RB section discussing this, in which the other is turning into a flame war.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FRANK1E B
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leveticus  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepbluevibes wrote:
FrankieB wrote:
deepbluevibes wrote:
I'm going to just have to take a video to show you guys so you'll see how badly broken the pad is. :/

Please do so, you have an entire thread here AND in the regular Score Hero RB section discussing this, in which the other is turning into a flame war.

I'm doing this on both forums so i can get people warned about this; on expert/hard difficulties, the pad is completely unresponsive during rolls. On the end freestyle section, I did a roll and literally nothing lit up until i went much slower. But yeah i'll have a video up on youtube or something within about an hour or two.

You realize this may just be your set right? You might have a defective controller. Test another controller before you assume that expert/hard drums are buggy.

Good thing is, Harmonix can replace your drums. Warranty ftw!
Owls - Owls
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atremains  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is working decently, improvving in the beginning before the track starts and it is picking up snare rolls at speeds faster than i've seen notated in this game
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:20 AM): XD
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:35 AM): too bad your elbow doesnt have a finger to push select
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:57 AM): the next evolution of man : the elbow finger
someguy913  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general, I agree with DBV. I also play drummania, and I own an acoustic and electric kit as well. The drums are very picky, at least on expert (I've only played expert so far). But, though quite irritating, they are manageable. Using a combination of very light double-stroke and single-stroke rolls I was able to get through (Don't Fear) The Reaper, Ballroom Blitz, and Train Kept A Rollin' on Expert. the only time I had to resort to double-stroke rolls was on TKaR (would that be the proper acronym?). Obviously, the calibration of the pads affects my score (while also not trying to be egoistic, it's safe to say there's nothing on here I couldn't play on real drums, either acoustic or electric). The ideal, for me, would be to be able to use my V-drum kit as the controller.

Anyway, yes, it's not just you that's having trouble with the drum controller. I see it as the opposite of drummania; to get fast rolls on drummania, you had to really lay into the pads, but if you tried double-stroke rolls at lighter velocities, it would never register. On Rock Band, if you go above a certain velocity, it stops registering. I think Drummania was more conducive to actual playing, as you tend to hit harder as the notes come faster....but we'll probably just have to adjust our playing styles for this new controller. :/

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: someguy913ps PSN Name: someguy913
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doyle  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepbluevibes wrote:
NOTE TO EVERYONE WITH BAD DRUMS; I HAVE A VERY EASY FIX

I thought the problem might be the same that it was on my Blueshark DDR pad, so I tried taping down the pads with medical tape.

Sure enough, it worked. What I did was roll the medical tape around the red drum twice (once vertical, once horizontal) and then put small pieces on the edges of the blue and green drums, and none on the yellow.

Try out your own experiments with it; if you put down too much on too many drums, the vibrations from them will make other drums go off, but if you mess around with it, you can get it just right and it works like a charm.

Songs I was 3 starring i'm 5 starring in my sleep now, as I can hit any and all rolls.

Can you put a picture up of what you did? Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoPance  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DBV (btw I'm vtjustinb on RB.com):

That's cool that you got it to work. Pretty much the pads are one big button, and by taping them down you're putting the top pad in closer contact to the sensor.

I still think before it gets insane with returns and the holiday rush you might want to see about getting the pads repaired b/c I still think your drums are defective.

A friend just brought his XBOX over and I played through a bunch of songs, and my pads were very responsive at all dynamic ranges.

What you did might be a quick fix, but if the pads are defective they may break completely eventually. I guess your mileage may vary, but just thought I'd throw that in there. I definitely didn't have pads anything like the ones in your video.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: No Pance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: